Yes Reputation No

CTS turbo N20 intake

Something for the N20 guys:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

No dyno:

CTS Turbo is proud to release the N20/N26 BMW F22 F30 F32 (228i/320i/328i/428i) intake system. Our intake kit is a complete replacement for the OEM system.

Without any extra tuning, peak power gains range from 10 to 15HP (fuel and elevation-dependent).
    All of the components included in the CTS air intake system work flawlessly together to provide increased horsepower and torque throughout the entire power band and an aggressive race-inspired sound.

Features:

• CNC machined MAP sensor mount
      • Black powder coat for OEM look
      • Two heat shields with rubber seals
      • Great sound and power increase
      • Affordable price without sacrificing quality
    991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah CTS turbo makes some really good stuff. They even managed to make the only intake (that I am aware of) for the F series n55 that doesnt have any weird rough idling issues because it has a special maf housing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F87Source Click here to enlarge
    Yeah CTS turbo makes some really good stuff. They even managed to make the only intake (that I am aware of) for the F series n55 that doesnt have any weird rough idling issues because it has a special maf housing.
    I never really paid attention to them. So they're a quality option?

Not sure why I never really considered their stuff until now.
    991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I never really paid attention to them. So they're a quality option?

Not sure why I never really considered their stuff until now.
    Yeah they make really good stuff, they're huge in the Audi/vw world now they're coming over to the BMW world and have alot of cool stuff.

Their prices are really good because they're based in Canada where the parts and labor is cheaper, but the quality definitely doesn't reflect the cheaper price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We haven't issues with our plastic F series ones, they're molded and copied same size as stock MAF.

Our new aluminum ones are really nice too for the F series N55!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We haven't issues with our plastic F series ones, they're molded and copied same size as stock MAF.

Our new aluminum ones are really nice too for the F series N55!
    I used to have your plastic F series one for my m235i and I had alot of rough idling issues to the point of the car stalling out (the solution was jb4 "mafless" which was definitely never happening on my car so I reverted it back to stock) and tube warping issues, that being said iirc it was a first revision model and Terry said a few new tubes have come out since then. So I'm not sure if there are still issues.

Never had the metal intake but I really like it, especially because you guys use the blue filter which matches well with the m2's color scheme. But from what I read on f87 post fitment was really poor, with the metal tube being too thin and hitting the oil lines. There were also alot of CEL reports and rough idling issues on that intake too, but I believe these reported issues were when the intake first launched and before it was taken down from your site for a few months. Not sure if you guys made any revisions before having them for sale again.

On a side note if you guys did revise the metal intake for better fitment I'd love to test fit it on my m2 for you guys if you're willing. I've got alot of time for feed back since this whole virus debacle pretty much has me working at home pretty much giving me alot of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I used to have your plastic F series one for my m235i and I had alot of rough idling issues to the point of the car stalling out (the solution was jb4 "mafless" which was definitely never happening on my car so I reverted it back to stock) and tube warping issues, that being said iirc it was a first revision model and Terry said a few new tubes have come out since then. So I'm not sure if there are still issues.

Never had the metal intake but I really like it, especially because you guys use the blue filter which matches well with the m2's color scheme. But from what I read on f87 post fitment was really poor, with the metal tube being too thin and hitting the oil lines. There were also alot of CEL reports and rough idling issues on that intake too, but I believe these reported issues were when the intake first launched and before it was taken down from your site for a few months. Not sure if you guys made any revisions before having them for sale again.

On a side note if you guys did revise the metal intake for better fitment I'd love to test fit it on my m2 for you guys if you're willing. I've got alot of time for feed back since this whole virus debacle pretty much has me working at home pretty much giving me alot of time.
    This batch is a total new revision, Email me and lets work something out Click here to enlarge

Payam@burgertuning.com
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This batch is a total new revision, Email me and lets work something out Click here to enlarge

Payam@burgertuning.com
    Sure, sending you an email right now.