Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Injector stuck closed this time (beats the heck out of stuck open) and I'm hoping to get in on the recall?

Trying to get my local dealership to look hard at SIB 130120 and consider giving me some index 12s. Otherwise I'll need to buy some.

Years ago I had two separate occasions of one sticking open and getting that bank replaced on CPO. It was long before index 12s were available, though. At that time I was also experimenting with E85 mixes just like now. Is it coincidence or does E85 accelerate the stickiness of the injectors? I don't hear people complaining about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    only works for cars manufactured between 04/01/2007 - 11/30/2008

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine was made January of 08. Got a call from the dealership this morning after a couple of days of silence. They want to take a look at it. We'll see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Mine was made January of 08. Got a call from the dealership this morning after a couple of days of silence. They want to take a look at it. We'll see what happens.
    Good luck, seems a very select few have got lucky and got them changed out even without VIN registering anything. Everyone else has been told(even from BMW NA i guess) that this is just a revision to the old SIB and no new cars are being recalled or fixed.

I think I'm gonna call my local dealer this weekend and see if I can get anything done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And what did the dealer say as I understand it there was no recall @Carl Morris?
    991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Embarrassing story. Short answer is I don't know.

At the time I was at the dealership they were looking at the SIB and admitting it looked like it would apply but saying they couldn't actually do it for free until my VIN showed up in their open recalls. They were happy to do it then and refund me later.

However, I didn't have it done. The reason was that I was being hypersensitive to missing and when I cleaned the plugs I didn't get the coil wire seated back on right. So from my perspective, I had a miss, I cleaned the plugs, it didn't go away and threw the code saying I had a bad injector. Hence my reason for being sure it was stuck closed. But it wasn't. I haven't had any missing issues since. I'll double check AGAIN next time before I go to the dealer :-). I've had stuck injectors twice before so I jumped to conclusions...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it coincidence or does E85 accelerate the stickiness of the injectors? I don't hear people complaining about it.

I believe it does cause issues. I run full E85 and I have start up issues in the winter. Sometimes I purposely get really low, run 93 with low boost, it starts behaving nicely for a while. But once I fill up with E85 again, it starts with the “misfires” at startup. I have not gotten any check engine lights or codes. It usually clears up after a short warmup period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E85 seems to need a lot more cold start enrichment than gasoline. Does your tune take that into account?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn’t check that on MHD. In the winter it sucks but adding one gallon of 93 helps. I have the backend E85 flash with JB4.