Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Harrop is going to supercharge the 991 GT3

At the 2019 PRi, Harrop a well known OEM grade factory has shown its prototype supercharger for the Porsche 991 GT3 4.0.

Click here to enlarge

Based around an eaton 6th gen TVS1900 supercharger, the assembly shows massive integrated water coolers.

No more information is available yet but we can expect a nice bump in power and a far better low en middle end grunt for the 9000 rpm powerplant without hurting the glorious sound and driving characteristics of the GT3 engine like twin turbos would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow! That is awesome!
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jiaim Click here to enlarge
    At the 2019 PRi, Harrop a well known OEM grade factory has shown its prototype supercharger for the Porsche 991 GT3 4.0.
    Finally someone is doing it!

I can't wait to see the numbers. Will make for an absolutely epic, epic ride.

Hope it carries over to the 992 GT3 as well.

I've spent a lot of time thinking of supercharging a GT3.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So that's how it looks, very interesting. Was wondering how it would look with a flat engine, awesome!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    So that's how it looks, very interesting. Was wondering how it would look with a flat engine, awesome!
    Wile the TVS1900 is going to make the GT3 a hell of a lot more fun I'd love to see someone do a big centri on a GT3 and make some monster top end power:

Click here to enlarge
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A new view of the setup, we can see that they couldn't go bigger than the tvs1900. Do anyone was at pri and got some infos ?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Harrop Engineering develops Porsche 991 GT3 4.0 supercharger kit based around TVS1900 blower

Finally! A supercharger kit for the Porsche 911 GT3. Harrop Engineering designed this GT3 supercharger kit for the Porsche 991 generation 4.0 liter GT3 motor. Keep in mind the 991.1 GT3 features a 3.8 liter motor and we do not have confirmation on if this kit is for the entire 991 GT3 generation or just the 4.0 liter motors.

Click here to enlarge

Regardless, it is great to see the GT3 get boost in the form of a supercharger which will move the entire torque curve up. As this is a positive displacement blower, you get instant boost at any rpm.

Will this make as much power as Gintani's GT3 turbo kit? No. But this will be easier to install, tune for, and likely cheaper. Not to mention it will compliment the GT3's powerband.

A TVS1900 is the largest blower Harrop could fit and the packaging in the back of a Porsche GT3 is tight. We will have to see what kind of power it makes but on pump gas it should be in the 6XX wheel range.

It will also be interesting to see if there is carryover to the 992 GT3.

Great work from Harrop Engineering and PorscheBoost will bring your more details as soon as we have them.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's the compressor map:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are the blower dimensions:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This has my attention. Looking forward to updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 1900 is the best TVSR blower ( IMO ) . It has the highest efficiencies, especially at higher P/Rs. But that's not a great deal of help here since the GT3 NA motor cant take too much boost.

The blower has a soft limit of 21000 rpm. and the engine at 9. The drive ratio will 2.3 to 1 MAX. this will make the supercharger stronger uptop and not as much in the mid range. It will have no lag, but boost will rise with RPM as it gets more efficient around. This will be a great match to the GT3 motor, and drive ability.

Still will take turbos over SC any day of the century.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 3DMetal Click here to enlarge
    The blower has a soft limit of 21000 rpm. and the engine at 9. The drive ratio will 2.3 to 1 MAX. this will make the supercharger stronger uptop and not as much in the mid range.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 3DMetal Click here to enlarge
    But that's not a great deal of help here since the GT3 NA motor cant take too much boost.
    Are the rods or internals any weaker than the Turbo? Sure, people will mention the compression but I'd love to see what this could do cranked up on E85.

Going to be very fun to drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome! I obviously have a TVS1900 and in OEM form people regularly spin them to 27k rpm which is insane.
    On a small motor like this there would be no point to spin it this high as the pressure ratio would mean its just generating heat but they are extremely durable and can make big power.

This engine is so efficient I wouldn't be surprised to see 700-800whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    This is awesome! I obviously have a TVS1900 and in OEM form people regularly spin them to 27k rpm which is insane.
    On a small motor like this there would be no point to spin it this high as the pressure ratio would mean its just generating heat but they are extremely durable and can make big power.

This engine is so efficient I wouldn't be surprised to see 700-800whp.
    This is essentially the LSA blower so you're right but I'm wondering is there a difference between the TVS1900 or TVS1900R? Maybe they are the same thing?

I think at the least we can expect 30% before spinning the blower out of its efficiency range or porting it or whatever.

Depending on correction factor and which GT3 a 4.0 liter 991 GT3 gives you a conservative ~450 whp or so. That means ~640 rwhp on pump is within reason.

Really spinning this thing up on E85 should get you to clear 700 rwhp which would make the GT3 a ton of fun.

If the 992 GT3 goes to 550 horsepower and 9500 rpm... oh baby imagine a bit of boost there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the hurdle with 992 would be the conversion from 6 throttle bodies to one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the hurdle with 992 would be the conversion from 6 throttle bodies to one.
    They did it on the S65 V8 blowing into the throttle bodies. I see no problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep the side castings will have to be redone though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is essentially the LSA blower so you're right but I'm wondering is there a difference between the TVS1900 or TVS1900R? Maybe they are the same thing?

I think at the least we can expect 30% before spinning the blower out of its efficiency range or porting it or whatever.

Depending on correction factor and which GT3 a 4.0 liter 991 GT3 gives you a conservative ~450 whp or so. That means ~640 rwhp on pump is within reason.

Really spinning this thing up on E85 should get you to clear 700 rwhp which would make the GT3 a ton of fun.

If the 992 GT3 goes to 550 horsepower and 9500 rpm... oh baby imagine a bit of boost there.
    Ahh I missed that it is the R rotors. The R rotor pack does better at higher pressure ratios so that is even better for a small displacement motor.

The standard TVS1900 is making over 1000whp on 7L (427cu in) which is more than double what it would make naturally aspirated, so 30% increase is for sure conservative. I would guess people will go with a large upper pulley just to save the engine and no one will be maxing this blower out.

Looking at the design of this blower/case/intercooler bricks/intake runners it looks WAY better than the factory LSA blower design. Each one of those bricks cooling only 3 cylinders is bigger than the 1 intercooler brick in the LSA that is cooling the entire intake charge and the runners look to flow much much better.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    Ahh I missed that it is the R rotors. The R rotor pack does better at higher pressure ratios so that is even better for a small displacement motor.

The standard TVS1900 is making over 1000whp on 6.2L which is more than double what it would make naturally aspirated, so 30% increase is for sure conservative. I would guess people will go with a large upper pulley just to save the engine and no one will be maxing this blower out.

Looking at the design of this blower/case/intercooler bricks/intake runners it looks WAY better than the factory LSA blower design. Each one of those bricks cooling only 3 cylinders is bigger than the 1 intercooler brick in the LSA that is cooling the entire intake charge and the runners look to flow much much better.
    The R rotor pack is 160 degrees? is the standard TVS1900 the same?

Anyway, we know the LSA guys squeezed every last horse out of that blower so the GT3 will have some potential with this supercharger.

I'll probably stick to the next gen 911 Turbo but man does this make a GT3 tempting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The R rotor pack is 160 degrees? is the standard TVS1900 the same?

Anyway, we know the LSA guys squeezed every last horse out of that blower so the GT3 will have some potential with this supercharger.

I'll probably stick to the next gen 911 Turbo but man does this make a GT3 tempting.
    Actually I was mistaken, I just took someone's word for it that the "R" was different but looking on Eaton's website they just call all of their larger rotor packs "Rxxxx" vs the smaller V rotor packs.

So the TVS R1900 are the same rotors as in the LSA with 160 degrees of twist. The new "R2650" is 170 degrees of twist so I just assumed the R meant more twist and better at higher PR.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    micro appearance of the thing @ 23'15'': <a href="https://youtu.be/sOQeFnrYQGw?t=1397" target="_blank">

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    gif

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gif
    Well done.