Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Carrera turbos upgrade status

So after almost 2 years....there are only few folks I'm aware of with turbos upgrade are Sticky, a member here who now has a GT3RS or at least he was trying to get and one other vendor which I forgot their name.

Question: is it not worth it, the upgrade? I'm surprised to see not a whole lot of development still...Time to trade in for the real Turbo?
    Stock 991.2 C2 Manny. Project build https://www.boostaddict.com/showthre...arrera-project
    DD e90: MHD+JB4 tuned by Trebila.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Question: is it not worth it, the upgrade? I'm surprised to see not a whole lot of development still...Time to trade in for the real Turbo?
    It completely transforms the car.

More power than a 911 Turbo for $3700 plus tuning in an OEM housing. What's not to like?

If you regretted not getting a GTS or going up to the Turbo you will completely laugh that off.

I think it is more that cars are in warranty still and the regular Porsche guys aren't like the 911 Turbo guys when it comes to modding.

When more data comes from my car I think it will open eyes. Most guys just don't realize how potent it is or what an awesome platform they are sitting on.

I mean, why haven't you done it? I'm guessing because you are worried about your warranty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was anticipating more results and it seems very quiet. Pure was supposed to release theirs but haven't seen anything. Makes me wonder if theres limitation lying ahead.

Getting old and trying to determine if I just go ahead and get the next car R8/gt3/TT/TTS or mod the C and be done. The hard thing is evertime I drive her, I ask myself why would I want anything else lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm just buying a set of Tial M660 turbos from Sticky along with the Tail intercoolers, intake pipes and plenum.

My 991.2 Carrera T currently makes 550PS with a full Kline system in inconel (incl headers and 200 cell cats) and custom tune by 9e (UK) The car will be retuned once all the new hardware is fitted, report to follow!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nn7man Click here to enlarge
    I'm just buying a set of Tial M660 turbos from Sticky along with the Tail intercoolers, intake pipes and plenum.

My 991.2 Carrera T currently makes 550PS with a full Kline system in inconel (incl headers and 200 cell cats) and custom tune by 9e (UK) The car will be retuned once all the new hardware is fitted, report to follow!
    Thanks. Yours is manual or PDK?
    Stock 991.2 C2 Manny. Project build https://www.boostaddict.com/showthre...arrera-project
    DD e90: MHD+JB4 tuned by Trebila.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. Yours is manual or PDK?
    Manual, will drop an uprated clutch in if there's too much slip once it's tuned

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool! Looking forward to your result.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Quattr0 Iím still here and still have my 991.2. Here is my honest assessment of the car and the situation. I love the car and the power upgrades. It really is quick and gets a lot of attention. Here is a list of my upgrades and there cost:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    if you really love you car and here is the kicker, (never plan to sell it) then i say go for it! Here is my issue and you see what i have in the car and currently it has 800 miles on it. I have had the car for sale for 5 months and lots of people comment on the car, they love it and want to ask all kinds of questions but the car wonít sell. People donít know how to categorize the car and value it. The market now is even more narrow then just selling your car. Most people in the market only want the car stock. I have invested including the cost of the car 170k roughly and cant sell it for 116k which is my bottom dollar. Modded Porsche cars as long as you keep them are awesome but the market does not like them. I had a buyer recently and all though he was really into it because its uniqueness he decided to back away because one thing. Warranty yup. So he went and bought a new GTS and spent 50k more for that even though mine will run circles around that car. Porsche dealerships will not touch the car because they canít CPO it. Iím still trying to sell it but i may just have to end up keeping it. Not trying to sway you one way or the other just giving you my perspective as i have gone through it. It is really cool but i never though while i was going through this the cost down the road.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow man...appreciated it. You should make a video lol

I made 2 offers on a low mileage TT but noone budges yet so I might end up keeping the car. I do know the limitations on ours but then I'm not looking for huge power so it could/should work out. Have you taken it to the track yet?