Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Dynamic Autoworks Stage 2 N54 turbos trap 128.95 at 24 psi

Inflated by the 60 foot, definitely.

Sorry for the crap resolution but not my slip:

Click here to enlarge

Manual E82 135i.
    Click here to enlarge BOOSTADDICT $100 fantasy football league - Spots open, CLICK ME

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in my experience, with cars that are actually making power, a bad 60ft doesnt inflate a trap, its flipped, youll mph better if you get off the line well

lower powered cars to an extent, yes, they can have a higher trap with a worse 60ft

im just glad someone finally ran them, is this the smaller or larger of the two offerings?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by type-dRew Click here to enlarge
    in my experience, with cars that are actually making power, a bad 60ft doesnt inflate a trap, its flipped, youll mph better if you get off the line well

lower powered cars to an extent, yes, they can have a higher trap with a worse 60ft

im just glad someone finally ran them, is this the smaller or larger of the two offerings?
    This has been my experience as well. For cars in the low 100s - 110, a better 60ft seems to reduce trap, but once over 120 - 125, a better 60 seems to increase trap speed.

Impressive times no doubt!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2439 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

No, it isn't flipped.

A bad 60 foot like a 2.5 will inflate trap. It has to. You're essentially getting a rolling start by the time you hook.

Once you are launching well and your 60 foot is dropping, the more you drop, the better your mph. It then will increase.

There are two factors at play and there is a give and take for both.

If I understand correctly there is a Stage 3 making this the middle offering then.
    Click here to enlarge BOOSTADDICT $100 fantasy football league - Spots open, CLICK ME

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty crazy, guy goes 12.04@128.95... which is definitely a strong trap.

Meanwhile we get a RHD customer this morning messaging us about going 10.77@128.85 (AFAIK it is an AT car with some fairly basic mods)

Anyway as if we didn't already know, but to reiterate it is simply amazing what a good short time can do for the ET. The trap inflation argument is always up for debate, but it does seem they often tend to taper off a bit with stronger short times.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That car has trapped 133mph before, he had an engine light pop up on that 128mph run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The RHD rb car