Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

NGK RUTHENIUM HX PSPE

Not getting any traction with the N54 crowd... Apparently because of the lack of understanding about spark plug heat ranges. This plug is heat range 8 same as an N55 but uses a 6 point hex instead of 12 point. You might need an N54 spark plug socket to use it in an N55.

I had the Autolite APP 5682's , about a year old. I took 2 data logs in the morning with the old plugs and 2 in the evening with the new plugs. (NGK 91784 aka LKAR8BHX) The orange and green lines are the new plugs and the blue and red lines are Autolite Double platinums. I didn't accelerate from the same rpm each time so below 4000 rpm you cannot really compare but once the boost stabilized you can see the new plugs made a huge difference. It was 3 cooler but I used SAE correction for temperature.

It was not missing or having timing corrections on the old plugs.

Approximate gap 0.021" not dragging on a 0.020" feeler gauge and a 0.022" would not fit.

This is a custom (Wedge/Ken) E50 tune 22-23 psi stock turbos. FBO except for outlets, no cats. I need to set my shift points up to see where the HP drops off and reset them to what these plugs are doing for HP and TQ at higher rpm's.

These are Nissan GT-R plugs 2 heat ranges colder than N54 stockers.

Not sure anyone has tried this particular plug.(that I have seen) I would love to see someone else dyno or virtual dyno before and after with these plugs. Cheaper than Iridium and better power.

PSPE (projected square platinum electrode) provides the best ignitability and service life for high-heat engines. This NGK-patented design is recommended for turbo and supercharged engines.

Ruthenium HX Spark Plugs | NGK Spark Plugs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There definitely needs to be more discussion on plugs and heat ranges.

However, I think you're expecting a lot on a weekend. Guys are reading the thread but you won't see more discussion until the week really starts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The NGK 91784 LKAR8BHX Ruthenium HX PSPE Plugs "Projected Square Platinum Electrode" look like a solid upgrade and are cheaper compared to buying the NGK 97506 Plugs which gap should be set at .020". I have a set of NGK 95770's Plugs at 0.022" and now in need of replacements.

Have a 10 335i FBO Inlets/Outlets 20psi E50 Custom Tune w PR Coils still have mid cats.

Will a 12point socket fit right over these?
    Also set gap to .021"?
    Will these be the same heat range as the 97506's on a N54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N54rsenal Click here to enlarge
    Have a 10 335i FBO Inlets/Outlets 20psi E50 Custom Tune w PR Coils still have mid cats.

Will a 12point socket fit right over these?
    Also set gap to .021"?
    Will these be the same heat range as the 97506's on a N54?
    Bump for answer.

@alex@ABRhouston
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    They work I used a 12point 14mm magnetic sparkplug socket from burgertuning and set gap to .020" but my car still has cylinder 6 misfire after new PR Coils and these NGK 91784 plugs. Looking at my logs it shows my HPFP dips between the mid and upper rpms also in part throttle its dropping. I even swapped injector 6 with 1 and installed new seals, no change in misfire/superknocking location wtf lol. Did a compression test all cylinders are 175-180psi.

Possibly my HPFP can't handle E50 or its failing or my injectors aren't flowing well.