Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Steamspeed Stage 3 N55 single scroll 3076r Turbo

Just a teaser for now but looks like Steamspeed stuff is working well for N55's:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Isn't vtt working on the exact same thing and has a working version for the pwg n55?

Well I guess the more competition the better, keeps process low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F87Source Click here to enlarge
    Isn't vtt working on the exact same thing and has a working version for the pwg n55?
    @Chris@VargasTurboTech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep!
    Chris - VTT Forum Representative
    Chris@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

What's the country of origin?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yep!
    I'd love to see an EWG version soon for m2 guys like me Click here to enlarge

Plus you guys have a nice ceramic coat, and are using a genuine CHRA, not sure if steam speed is but yeah overall good stuff is coming to the n55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a knock off of what we helped develop, it does not take long for that to happen. Unless they put in the months of testing like we did and made changes to the original design like we have, that set up isn't going to work well. I would also venture to guess they are not using Genuine Garrett CHRA's. Time will tell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Looks like a knock off of what we helped develop, it does not take long for that to happen. Unless they put in the months of testing like we did and made changes to the original design like we have, that set up isn't going to work well. I would also venture to guess they are not using Genuine Garrett CHRA's. Time will tell
    Expected pricing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the other turbos they offer say the country of origin is Taiwan, they look the the GCs so is it safe to assume that they are using zage CHRAs?

Just curious because they are local.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

So confirmed with Steams supplier that they are not selling them BB CHRA's. That is a journal bearing turbo. It doesn't matter either way unless they have fixed the issues we discovered in testing, its not going to work as is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't matter either way unless they have fixed the issues we discovered in testing, its not going to work as is.
    Read this back over and I'm trying to figure out, if it isn't going to work wtf don't they revise it instead of selling it as is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Good question, also your title is wrong, this is a single scroll turbo, not a twin scroll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also your title is wrong, this is a single scroll turbo, not a twin scroll.
    Thank you, edited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey, guys. It has been a while since we posted.

Yes, we are in the middle of testing and validation of all new N55 turbos, so we aren't a doing full announcement quite yet.

I would like to point out, that Tony doesn't work with us on any turbo products, so Tony doesn't have any direct knowledge as to our products, process, or manufacturing. Any thing he says in this post is just a guess on his part, and should be considered as FUD or misinformation. His goal here is to cast his competitors in a negative light so that his products seem better. Therefore, taken anything he says about our products with a huge grain of salt. That should go without saying, but I hope that people are not tricked by his misinformation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteamSpeed Click here to enlarge
    Hey, guys. It has been a while since we posted.

Yes, we are in the middle of testing and validation of all new N55 turbos, so we aren't a doing full announcement quite yet.

I would like to point out, that Tony doesn't work with us on any turbo products, so Tony doesn't have any direct knowledge as to our products, process, or manufacturing. Any thing he says in this post is just a guess on his part, and should be considered as FUD or misinformation. His goal here is to cast his competitors in a negative light so that his products seem better. Therefore, taken anything he says about our products with a huge grain of salt. That should go without saying, but I hope that people are not tricked by his misinformation.
    Careful now, very careful. If anyone is not aware 90% of the steam line up is simply rebranded Zage units if you do not believe me I can easily prove it. The N55 they are testing is nothing more than the JB version of the EXACT same turbo we have an exclusive one which is the BB version. Meaning we have DIRECT, and intimate knowledge of this product. This is our first time working with Zage again after the wheel debacle, and it honestly has not been much better. The N55 as it comes from them, has a problem, that they did literally nothing to solve it for us. We have worked on our own, and solved it. Every N55 unit we get from them is completely disassembled and undertakes a 3-hour procedure to make it usable. Also, they tried to sell us their own branded BB CHRA's we polietely said thanks, but no thanks. We ONLY use genuine Garrett CHRA's in the units we sell, and any BB unit we ever sell has genuine Garrett BB parts in it. We have found ANY aftermarket Garrett BB CHRA's, or Ball Bearing rebuild kits to be completely hit or miss. Sometimes they wont even balance out on the high speed, and you have to toss them in the trash. We tried a few brands and ALWAYS come back to Genuine Garrett.

So if whoever is posting for Steam really wants to challenge that I know nothing about the unit they are selling. He can go ahead, but I will disprove in very quickly, and easily. They do not have the BB version because we have the exclusive on them. Again something I can easily prove. This offering is the ONLY VTT offering that is not cast by us directly, which is why our logos are not cast into the housings. ANY I MEAN ANY turbo manufacturer that states they are manufacturing turbos, and do not have a logo DIRECTLY cast into the housings is lying. They are simply buying ready-made parts, and adding their name to them. This includes Laser, CNC logo, etc, etc. YOU DO NOT EVER go through the trouble of casting a product and not having your logo cast into them. In this day, and age of copy cat everything, this ensures the product you paid to have designed, and molds opened for, etc, is at least more difficult to rip off.

As for the turbo shown in this post. I can promise you they will not get it working if they install it as it came from Zage, and my guess is they are emailing Zage right after reading this to ask them what we are doing, well we purposely did not share it with Zage, we simply asked for a discount on the units, and we fix it ourselves.

Either way, good luck deflecting that we know nothing about the Zage unit you are testing/selling, and saying we know nothing about...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, we are 100% sure Tony at VTT does not work with us, and has no direct knowledge of our products, our manufacturing, etc., so any thing he claims about us or our product is just a guess.

Much of what Tony has said is false, and should be treated as misinformation. For instance, the turbo pictured is in fact twin scroll, not single, so sticky, the original title was correct, please fix it back. 😉 We will provide further detailed specs later on when we are ready to make an announcement.

It is also kind of funny that Tony is publicly admitting that some other company, Zage, and not VTT manufactures the GC "Game Changer" N55 turbos, and that "his" Zage-manufactured turbos have had serious quality issues, ie. high failure rates.

Also, there isnít anything special about adding branding in housings; it certainly doesnít enhance performance. When you are using someone elseís turbo tooling, and they are making turbos for you, as Tony already admitted is the case, generally you only have to change one of the molds to add a logo, so you might pay a tooling fee to the company that owns the housing design of $1-3k. Congratulations! You paid and extra few thousand dollars to have special branding on the housing design that is owned by another company.

We've designed and manufactured our own custom housings before, we've also built turbos using some off the shelf components.

Anyway, Tony seems to prefer to tear things down. We prefer to build things. In that spirit, we wonít spend any more energy on this thread, unless someone has legitimate questions, or otherwise needs our help.

This should be obvious, but one company bashing a competitor is not a good source of information. Look for our official announcements on the forum, FB, or our blog, or call us if you have questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, we are 100% sure Tony at VTT does not work with us, and has no direct knowledge of our products, our manufacturing, etc., so any thing he claims about us or our product is just a guess.

Much of what Tony has said is false, and should be treated as misinformation. For instance, the turbo pictured is in fact twin scroll, not single, so sticky, the original title was correct, please fix it back.  We will provide further detailed specs later on when we are ready to make an announcement.

It is also kind of funny that Tony is publicly admitting that some other company, Zage, and not VTT manufactures the GC "Game Changer" N55 turbos, and that "his" Zage-manufactured turbos have had serious quality issues, ie. high failure rates.

Also, there isn’t anything special about adding branding in housings; it certainly doesn’t enhance performance. When you are using someone else’s turbo tooling, and they are making turbos for you, as Tony already admitted is the case, generally you only have to change one of the molds to add a logo, so you might pay a tooling fee to the company that owns the housing design of $1-3k. Congratulations! You paid and extra few thousand dollars to have special branding on the housing design that is owned by another company.

We've designed and manufactured our own custom housings before, we've also built turbos using some off the shelf components.

Anyway, Tony seems to prefer to tear things down. We prefer to build things. In that spirit, we won’t spend any more energy on this thread, unless someone has legitimate questions, or otherwise needs our help.

This should be obvious, but one company bashing a competitor is not a good source of information. Look for our official announcements on the forum, FB, or our blog, or call us if you have questions.
    All VTT does is cast shade and spread FUD on competitors products. See new N54 HPFP product thread or anything that could take away a single sale. Don't feel like you are singled out, this is all they do on the forums. It is is not casting shade and FUD it is insulting anyone who disagrees with them or posts an opinion that is not 100% in line with them.

They are hands down the least professional company I have ever ran across. They could not do worse PR for themselves if they tried.

At least you don't refuse to refund money on product not delivered for 6+ months Click here to enlarge

Everything @SteamSpeed has released so far seems to be of decent quality, there is no reason to believe this is any different.

Edit: I think Sticky's forum rules are that for a vendor thread you can remove Tony's BS posts if you ask him. Maybe you have to actually make the thread vs. him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Edit: I think Sticky's forum rules are that for a vendor thread you can remove Tony's BS posts if you ask him. Maybe you have to actually make the thread vs. him?
    Only for supporting vendors. Guest vendors can't make threads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so sticky, the original title was correct, please fix it back.
    Whoops... edited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. Just willing to lie through your teeth aren't you? Whoever is posting for steamspeed. Since you have brought us here, we will engage. That you are lying, and saying that is a twin scroll housing is insane. Go ahead post up the photos. Sure it's a twin entry, then it goes to single scroll directly after. So you are lying in hopes others cannot tell? Whats the point

As for our GC's failing? Really, this is also very interesting. Since wait for it. We have not shipped any except to a few testers because of the issue. Also guess what, not a single test unit has failed. They simply experienced the problem we alluded to in the previous post, and we worked with them to come up with a fix.

So you are lying about where you got this turbo, lying about it being a twin scroll, and lying about our units failing when we haven't even shipped any to customers? Man oh man. I'll send the email from zage to me that they indeed sold you the Jb turbo since I can't post it here.

How many more lies are going to come off your keyboard for me to disprove is simply up to you...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, asked me to post these since he does not have priveledges. I really have no dog in this fight and I feel Tony is tipping his hand a little bit, but the photos clearly show SS is not being truthful about a few things, including where they are getting the units (acting like they do not know who Zage is), whether they are Twin Scroll or not, and the failures of the N55 units we have on the site. It's clear we have had no customer failures since well you can see Zage confirms they have not sold any except the few test units they sent Tony. How can there be many failures if no units are in the hands of 3rd parties?

You can also see it's clear in the emails that a real problem with the units exists and Zage was waiting for us to fix it, which we now have. The SS unit of course would not have the fix, as you see Zage says they sent them the first unit to test.

Chris

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Chris - VTT Forum Representative
    Chris@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. Just willing to lie through your teeth aren't you? Whoever is posting for steamspeed. Since you have brought us here, we will engage. That you are lying, and saying that is a twin scroll housing is insane. Go ahead post up the photos. Sure it's a twin entry, then it goes to single scroll directly after. So you are lying in hopes others cannot tell? Whats the point
    This is your area of expertise but it bewilders me that someone would lie about it being twin scroll when those in the industry can easily tell?

Why even do something so blatantly stupid that can be easily called out?
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Tony, asked me to post these since he does not have priveledges. I really have no dog in this fight and I feel Tony is tipping his hand a little bit, but the photos clearly show SS is not being truthful about a few things, including where they are getting the units (acting like they do not know who Zage is), whether they are Twin Scroll or not, and the failures of the N55 units we have on the site. It's clear we have had no customer failures since well you can see Zage confirms they have not sold any except the few test units they sent Tony. How can there be many failures if no units are in the hands of 3rd parties?
    I just want the truth about this setup posted. If Tony has info (which you posted) it is more than welcome.

You see BS, kindly call it out.

I'm not even sure what to say about this.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2451 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, I think this settles it:

Click here to enlarge

I just don't understand why Steam Speed would lie. Just when you think someone might bring something else to the table or some other quality option they ruin their credibility.