Close

Thread: ADV SENSORS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ADV SENSORS

Has anyone gotten these to work when trims and afr's get stuck with brand new sensors or just going back to stock/ntk?
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO
    07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom fmic, vrsf cp, tial bov, custom external pcv,, custom crakcase vent, adv O2's, Phoenix intake manifold, bms meth kit, Motiv twin disk, custom shifter, BMP bucketless 450/525, 6an return, stoptech rotors & pads, ST coil-overs, small brake kit, Megan upper/lower rear camber/toe arms, Megan strut brace, Diff lockdown, Mfactory axles, circuit works exhaust, jb4 g5, mhd
    02 honda s2k inline pro built pte6262

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes mine work fine.

Did you splice your harness?

The trick is to use the correct connector, which avoids resistance variations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes, Its spliced. What connectors did you use?
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO
    07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom fmic, vrsf cp, tial bov, custom external pcv,, custom crakcase vent, adv O2's, Phoenix intake manifold, bms meth kit, Motiv twin disk, custom shifter, BMP bucketless 450/525, 6an return, stoptech rotors & pads, ST coil-overs, small brake kit, Megan upper/lower rear camber/toe arms, Megan strut brace, Diff lockdown, Mfactory axles, circuit works exhaust, jb4 g5, mhd

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depends on what ADVs your using.

Mine were from Speedtech and they come, unmodified.

I just used the housing that matched.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

Worked for about 1 week for me, then same symptoms.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to not molest the O2 wires (solder ups the resistance). This has litterally always been the case for 02s forever, esspecially wide band.

If you guys can find uncut ADVs, or have the ones speedtech sells, I'm happy to get you the right housings and pins Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you getting 2c2d and 2c2e codes Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    https://www.amazon.com/CNKF-Connecto.../dp/B01G9V4EQ4

If I were in your boat I would try just using the LSU 4.9 housings like factory, and try to pin them in an area before any splicing or solder. Then use a set of oem/old 02's as a jumper.

Make sure you have a good ground for the 02s on the manifold.

And have removed the correct pin from the OEM harness.

I used the speedtech ADV's and never cut them, but maybe this make yours work?

Seems like it wouldnt hurt with the whole resistance thing. Just my .02c, hope it helps Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///Monst3r Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone gotten these to work when trims and afr's get stuck with brand new sensors or just going back to stock/ntk?

did you get them working? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JDUTHIE Click here to enlarge
    did you get them working? Click here to enlarge
    Yes and no. I ended up connecting it directly to the harness. The trims and afr's stay good until about 20psi then so the same thing again. I'm almost convinced the only way to even have a reliable track car is to go standalone be it DI/PI or PI only. This is my fourth n54 car and I've worked on countless n54 powered cars and have friends with 14k built engines and still can't get clean consistent power. Click here to enlarge
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm almost convinced the only way to even have a reliable track car is to go standalone be it DI/PI or PI only.
    Motec M141. There's even a base map for it, that's half the battle right there. Strongly considering it for next year. May have to regardless if I have electrical gremlins this year.
    E90 335i 6MT soon to be drag car

📸 Follow me on Instagram: Click here🙏
    🚧 Check out my build thread: Click here 🚧

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bummer, mine work fine :/ but then again they are different that the Motiv ones..

either way totally agree about port injection.

I have seen Jake mention DME integrated PI control being a thing soon, wouldn't that be a nice way?
    Last edited by JDUTHIE; 06-19-2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: thick autism

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJ_1989 Click here to enlarge
    Motec M141. There's even a base map for it, that's half the battle right there. Strongly considering it for next year. May have to regardless if I have electrical gremlins this year.
    Going to look into it. Ive been leaning on going to syvecs but still haven't seen the n54 do anything spectacular. shrugg.. It seems its the perfect platform to make "good power" with little mods and money but not competitive against other big power cars.
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JDUTHIE Click here to enlarge
    Bummer, mine work fine :/ but then again they are different that the Motiv ones..

either way totally agree about port injection.

I have seen Jake mention DME integrated PI control being a thing soon, wouldn't that be a nice way?
    I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this. Looks like I'm back to fueling issues again. LPFP/HPFP are both tanking with brand new 450 and 525 on hobbs switch and less than 500miles on HPFP. I'm getting random tank leakage codes but no leaks. This is after having second passenger fuel sender crack and then the line in tank exploding and possible ekp issues. car ended up going dry twice because the fuel needle is all over the place. none of the hoses are blocking/wrapped around it either. I keep getting random christmas tree in the dash with no cause. Thats only about half the issues.
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems its the perfect platform to make "good power" with little mods and money but not competitive against other big power cars.
    In my opinion....it's coming. There's a handful of guys getting more involved in the drag racing side within the past year. It's just uncharted territory for this platform so it's a learning curve.
    E90 335i 6MT soon to be drag car

📸 Follow me on Instagram: Click here🙏
    🚧 Check out my build thread: Click here 🚧