Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Unhappy N54 ST JB4 underboost and overboost, losing my mind

Hi. A month ago I installed a hybrid t3 top mount kit with a garrett gtx35r turbo on my n54 335i. (1.06 T3 SC) (Tial MVS 14.5 psi spring) I'm running a jb4 st 13.6 firmware + JB4_I8A0S_ST bef (as I'm in Canada and sadly no e85 stations). Currently I'm underboosting in the low rpm and overboosting once I hit 5k rpm, then misfires as well (map 1 - 17psi wg). I checked my mac solenoid and it seems to be hooked up correctly, no tears in vacuum lines anymore as I've fixed one line so far, wastegate has a 14.5 psi spring. I've been stressing out because I've had a 100 problems with the car since the ST install which I finally figured out but this is the last one, and it won't let me enjoy this car. I've installed stage 2 lpfp as well and ngk 2 step colder plugs at 0.22 yesterday. So whenever the car overboosts I misfire in cylinder 1 and 6 or other ones, and it's random sometimes.<br>Here's a log file and datazap link. I'm not sure if my wastegate is jammed maybe or something, but before I had to rebuild the turbo it was opening fully at 4500rpm and I could hear my wastegate. I was planning on removing the downpipe and disassembling my wastegate next to see maybe its stuck a little or something. Please guide me on what to do next.
    "https://datazap.me/u/gtrzilla/n54-gtx35r-t3-106-14psi-wg-spring?log=0&amp;data=1-4-8-13-18-33&amp;zoom=52-57"
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fixed the issue with the Mac solenoid, the overboosting issue, turns out I had my Mac backwards, but I’m still underboosting in low rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    check new log, is my hpfp ok?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Map1 is WG spring. Seems OK, next up map2. Set duty bias all to 50 on that map and FF say to 20 as a starting point.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do I do that in "User Adjustable Settings"? I thought that was only for map 6 as it shows there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GTRZilla Click here to enlarge
    Do I do that in "User Adjustable Settings"? I thought that was only for map 6 as it shows there
    No, it works for all maps.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, will do a log tomorrow. Raining non stop today. What about the slow acceleration with low boost between idle - around 2500 rpm, will that always be slow with single turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, will do a log tomorrow. Raining non stop today. What about the slow acceleration with low boost between idle - around 2500 rpm, will that always be slow with single turbo?
    Depends on the turbo size and what flash map you're using. You should be able to get boost by 2k rpm easy.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GTX35R 1.06 T3 single scroll, it’s just a pump gas flash on 91 Canadian octane, feels really sluggish till like 3k then boost hits hard. I was told a 1.06 T3 should act 0.82 T4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    new log in map 2 with the settings above. Slight overboost. Every time I hit rev limiter it starts misfiring, cylinder 6. I have new ngk 2 step colder plugs at 0.22, new delphi coils, index 12 injectors. Another time it 29DC - Cylinder Injection Cut Out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    new log in map 2 with the settings above. Slight overboost. Every time I hit rev limiter it starts misfiring, cylinder 6. I have new ngk 2 step colder plugs at 0.22, new delphi coils, index 12 injectors. Another time it 29DC - Cylinder Injection Cut Out.
    Are you manual trans?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah
    I assume you're on stock clutch? You're getting phantom misfire in cyl 6. You will need a clutch with SMFW for higher boost.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I was expecting that. I bought a spec single mass flywheel of off somebody but the clutch is next. What about the 29DC Cylinder Injection Cut Out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I was expecting that. I bought a spec single mass flywheel of off somebody but the clutch is next. What about the 29DC Cylinder Injection Cut Out?
    It will throw whatever code it can. The clutch will fix it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so it’s overboosting as well because of the clutch, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so it’s overboosting as well because of the clutch, correct?
    No, that will have to do with some duty bias and FF settings.

Email me and I'll be able to assist you better.

Payam@burgertuning.com
    Burger Motorsports