Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MAD Auto Developments 1m goes 12.095 @ 126.3mph with VTT GC's 2.0 on 93

Hi guys just wanted to share our latest achievement

Our best before was 11.8@121mph on 93 with a splash on e to make it e20 for knock control but can be run without it.

We managed to run 126mph on 93 running VTT gc's 2.0 with our custom plazmaman ic and plazmaman manifold

The only thing difference is the manifold and the YCW carbon fibre driveshaft from MFactory

Now we are running 12.095 @ 126.3 mph on 93 with major wheel spin and traction issues in full street trim.

With some slicks I think 130mph on 93 wont be an issue but that's not what we are after

I only done two runs and the second was even worse for wheel spin and still managed 125 mph so we left for the night

You can see 1st and 2nd is just useless.

I'm not interested in running e85 as I think we can achieve the same goals on 93 if full street trim just traction is an issue on Sports Cup 2's.

Our goal is to have a fast street car that can be driven anywhere without the need for e85.

We went to the drags not to achieve fast times but to see how the mph has improved and its quite a difference as we knew traction will be an issue.

We started of heat soaked with 120f iat's so it wasn't the most ideal run either.

Need a fan over ride to keep things cooler whilst staging up for 20 min.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bmw 1 series M 11.4@127mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome!
    Chris - VTT Forum Representative
    Chris@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty bad ass trap for straight 93. Congrats.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Rob, it does have a splash of e to make e15 for knock control, as its cheaper that running octane booster but it doesn't foul the plugs

I think I could possibly run 130mph if the track was prepped correctly as everybody was spinning of the line that night

As you can see in the log I had to lift off a few times in 2nd and was fighting for grip down low.

The car gets better grip on the street most of the time.
    Last edited by martymil; 05-20-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by martymil Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Rob, it does have a splash of e to make e15 for.knock control, as its cheaper that running octane booster but it doesn't foul the plugs

I think I could possibly run 130mph if the track was prepped correctly as everybody was spinning of the line that night

As you can see in the log I had to lift off a few times in 2nD and was fighting for grip down low.

The car gets better grip on the street most of the time. ut
    Running a bit of Ethanol is certainly a good idea and will help, thanks for clearing that up.

As for the Trap, it is likely to decrease a bit once you hook.

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think at least 128mph is possible if we could stop the wheel spin in second, dont really care for fast 60ft's as its to hard on the drive train.

Fast 60's will net you faster times but really don't care about it to much as trying to set the car up for roll racing to show the big v8's what our little motors can do.

Next step is to get some shricks stage 1 cams to see what we can manage and do with this low comp motor, I remember still that everybody was telling me that running 9.5 to 1 compression is silly LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much timing is it running? Isn't 27psi quite a bit for 93 octane?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This setup was built for reliability and durability and be driven on 93 octane fuel with 4 to 5 deg of timing.

Adding 10 litres of E85 to 93 to make e10/e15 with every fill
    for knock control purposes allows you to run 8 deg of timing but this is on a built motor with forged rods/pistons and slightly decompressed to 9.5 to 1.

If we had your American 98 here I wouldn't have to run any E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My tuner is a bit more conservative, and even on an e40 tune, I'm only typically running around 8 deg at most. On 93, I am around 5. Maybe the 93 in my area just isn't that good.

I asked my tuner for a 'High octane e30 tune'. I prefer the higher ethanol content to help keep the cylinders cooler, especially with 115+ idle IATs (stock motor). I run the Motiv Flex fuel, so he gave me a tune that has around 9 deg on E30. I added in some Klotz octane booster just for some extra knock prevention.

I can't hook at all and would be happy with a 2.0 60ft. I'm out here cutting 2.3s, lol. It's interesting to see how similarly performing our cars are - I ran 12.1 @ 125.7. We trapped the same in the 1/8th. I'm running 25psi and I think with some better traction, better driving, and maybe a wot box for NLS, it could hit 130 as it sits. I'm running MMP S3s (with oem manifolds, not the 1Ks).

You do have an LSD on me, which is on my mod list. My car is an 07 E90 with my fat butt in it, race weight of 3,775 lbs. What does your car weigh?

I did run a 126 trap, but only ran 12.4 on that pass (same 60ft though - maybe I shifted slow, or some timing pulls?)
    @Sticky, why is the system rotating my image? It's vertical on my computer.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car weighs 3440 in full street trim with full fuel and it's amazing how far the tuning has come on this platform.

I just went down to test out my tune to see how the engine is doing with the latest round of mods, keeping an eye out on post shift timing, fuel pressures and just overall health of the tune and adjust to suit if needed.

What amazed me is the high mph trap speed and it's all about just having a nice reliable fast street car and nothing else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As you can see from the log i'm fighting wheelspin for a min of 1.5s and allows lots of room for improvement if I wanted run a fast time, no where safer to get proper 3rd and 4th gear pulls than a race track and mph is a true indicator of any major improvements it which this has shown from the previous run as its a min of a 4mph over the last one.

This is with absolutely no changes to the tune at all and had the same 93 tune for the last 6 months and been slowly ironing out small issues with the car here and there and just getting my formula right for what I set out to do.

I don't care to be the fastest, I leave that to people that want that.

It amazes me what people will do to their cars and absolutely ruin them and their drivability just to gain that extra .01s.