Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sendit_e90 new build - Standalone ECU, built 6HP21 trans, custom single turbo N54, 8.8 rear swap

So while the debate has died down over the stock turbo record set by @Sendit_e90 he is doing a new build and pushing forward.

There are some things here I'd like to highlight including the built 6HP21. Built how? By whom? With what parts? Is this a build similar to what has been done before but the weight loss is really the key for less stress while launching?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sendit_e90
    Stock turbos have been fun , but now it’s time to get serious, I will continue to push this platform to its limits. Check list for tx2k

- built 8.8 swap
    - built 6hp21
    - custom single turbo kit
    Few details on the ECU and nobody else has tried it from what I know. Direct injection delete to go with it I think: https://www.boostaddict.com/showthre...rect-injection

It's a dedicated drag build at this point IMO but I'm rooting for him to get some awesome numbers.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks I will continue to push this platform to the limits, built trans will be built by me, parts are ALTO upgraded clutch packs (same ones as PD trans) zip kit and new upgraded bushings, along with gaskets and seals, this built trans is only temporary for the tx2k event. After that I’m swapping in a th400.
    yes it is dedicated for the track , that’s its main purpose at this point while it will still be on the street, racing as well. Couple more things up my sleeve but not going to release that yet , only when the time is right. Thanks for the support

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So while the debate has died down over the stock turbo record set by @Sendit_e90 he is doing a new build and pushing forward.

There are some things here I'd like to highlight including the built 6HP21. Built how? By whom? With what parts? Is this a build similar to what has been done before but the weight loss is really the key for less stress while launching?

Few details on the ECU and nobody else has tried it from what I know. Direct injection delete to go with it I think: https://www.boostaddict.com/showthread.php?93311-MaxxECU-for-N54-Ditching-direct-injection

It's a dedicated drag build at this point IMO but I'm rooting for him to get some awesome numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ever since the article where I linked to a guy with a N52 turbo and the BPC Article with port the head swap on the N54, I really have believed that we will see HP records being beat. For years we heard from Tony that the direct injection was limited and only drilling out was going to fix it. Then it was the shotgun over driven pump then double barrel. All this complication( and innovation ) to do what could simply be done by a regular injection system like the N52 and others. The N52 build showed more horsepower at 8 psi than the N54 put out. It had a better breathing head to boot. Anyway, good for this guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sendit_e90 Click here to enlarge
    parts are ALTO upgraded clutch packs (same ones as PD trans) zip kit and new upgraded bushings,
    Not sure how I haven't read this or is hasn't been posted but who is ALTO?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///MPOSTER Click here to enlarge
    Ever since the article where I linked to a guy with a N52 turbo and the BPC Article with port the head swap on the N54, I really have believed that we will see HP records being beat. For years we heard from Tony that the direct injection was limited and only drilling out was going to fix it. Then it was the shotgun over driven pump then double barrel. All this complication( and innovation ) to do what could simply be done by a regular injection system like the N52 and others. The N52 build showed more horsepower at 8 psi than the N54 put out. It had a better breathing head to boot. Anyway, good for this guy.
    Yep and that n52 had a tiny 58mm turbo I believe made like 570whp on 20psi. Port injection is just more simple and reliable with less problems, of course Tony is gonna say all that cause he wants you to buy his products

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure how I haven't read this or is hasn't been posted but who is ALTO?
    Alto clutch manufacturer. They don’t sell them. But it’s the same clutches propulsive dynamics is using and calling it there’s lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sendit_e90 Click here to enlarge
    But it’s the same clutches propulsive dynamics is using and calling it there’s lol
    Really? Man, that guy sent me page after page about how he and his wife supposedly spent years developing the upgrade and materials. A legend in his own mind I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really? Man, that guy sent me page after page about how he and his wife supposedly spent years developing the upgrade and materials. A legend in his own mind I guess.
    I did my research on it. Look up ALTO G3 clutch packs and you’ll find the description very similar to Jason’s post when he first released them. ALTO is a huge clutch manufacturer. I doubt they copied Jason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good luck mate. I was shot down when I first mentioned DI delete... looks like people might see it the same way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Because you lose Efficiency when you delete the DI system. People forget our heads sucked donkey d**** unlike the n52 which flows almost as much as the s54 head. High VE heads don’t have to worry about that issue. It’s the reason why Tony lost so much power when he switch to PI only. Yes PI is easier to deal with but it’s going to take a lot more boost to make the same power it does on DI/PI.
    Click here to enlarge

Left hand on the steering wheel right hand on that RTD Shifter
    -2Chainz

07 6spd TI ag E92

Mods
    Boostbox, e85, RTD shifter, and a 6766
    #BuiltByHaborFreight

Instagram Oss_Cah5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
    Because you lose Efficiency when you delete the DI system. People forget our heads sucked donkey d**** unlike the n52 which flows almost as much as the s54 head. High VE heads don’t have to worry about that issue. It’s the reason why Tony lost so much power when he switch to PI only. Yes PI is easier to deal with but it’s going to take a lot more boost to make the same power it does on DI/PI.
    That’s all 100% true BUT A PI only n54 will likely walk a DI n54 every single race just because it can finish without misfires. it will need more boost yes, but no one else will care except the guy who lost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I tend to disagree with this whole loosing power from switching to PI only. Of course tony is gonna say that about PI , he’s selling DI products lol look at ghassan car PI only and made 762whp on 28psi only 4-5* timing on a 6466, he switched turbos and just did 828whp on stock motor at 30psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is theirs. Jason had Alto custom make these these clutches for the HP21, thats why they dont sell them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wait you mean a vendor pushing their products might make them look in a different light than what they really are?!?!?

Can't wait to see this car shatter more records. What is best is it is not a vendor imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's get something straight why would you only run 4-5 degrees of timing then switch turbos to make more power doesn't make sense to me. Those numbers are on a dynocom which read higher. Keep in mind Temps are also very low at the moment. I also, don't understand why you'd go through the trouble of doing all that work on that car just to keep a stock engine unless he indeed is clueless about engine building as what I've gathered from few people that used him. Just my 2 cents

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Wait you mean a vendor pushing their products might make them look in a different light than what they really are?!?!?

Can't wait to see this car shatter more records. What is best is it is not a vendor imo.
    It wont have any vendor parts even on it ,besides a prototype hpfp I’m testing before I switch to port injection only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deen@streetkingimports Click here to enlarge
    Let's get something straight why would you only run 4-5 degrees of timing then switch turbos to make more power doesn't make sense to me. Those numbers are on a dynocom which read higher. Keep in mind Temps are also very low at the moment. I also, don't understand why you'd go through the trouble of doing all that work on that car just to keep a stock engine unless he indeed is clueless about engine building as what I've gathered from few people that used him. Just my 2 cents
    That 6466 was on the car when he bought it. The car belonged to a good friend of mine. He switched turbos because the 6466 won’t keep up for this new motor he’s building, your assuming things when you haven’t been following the build. He’s pushing the stock motor to its limit just for fun. Then swapping in the built one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Kudos to @Sendit_e90 and ghassan for not only going by what they read on the interwebs. We need more of this type of thinking, it advances the platform.
    2008 E90 335i 6MT soon to be drag car
    Doc Race 6466

Instagram: @waffles_bmw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Because you lose Efficiency when you delete the DI system.
    Support for this? If you're keeping the compression ratio the same and running race gas anyway, where are you losing efficiency?

The main advantage is higher compression on pump fuel before detonation and being able to run leaner all of which contribute to better fuel mileage, not power potential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The main advantage is higher compression on pump fuel before detonation and being able to run leaner all of which contribute to better fuel mileage
    I mean, that's what efficiency is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KevinC39 Click here to enlarge
    I mean, that's what efficiency is.
    Fuel efficiency...