Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2416 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

MaxxECU for N54 - Ditching direct injection?

Haven't heard of this standalone ECU and apparently @Sendit_e90 is going to be the first to run it.

No idea on the specs, costs, etc. All I picked up is that apparently he's going to ditch the direct injection system entirely with this.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Another person who can't figure out how to get DI running properly for higher power levels so they just remove it. Sounds about right. He claimed 9's on stock 6MT did not even come close, so decided "stock turbo" records were easier to achieve. Hey man aim low, and you will never miss your mark... Something to be said for that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Another person who can't figure out how to get DI running properly for higher power levels so they just remove it. Sounds about right. He claimed 9's on stock 6MT did not even come close, so decided "stock turbo" records were easier to achieve. Hey man aim low, and you will never miss your mark... Something to be said for that
    His 10.6 Stock frames play your 10.8 GCs...... Aim high. Yep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    His 10.6 Stock frames play your 10.8 GCs...... Aim high. Yep.
    When you factor in the 1000 pounds less weight that makes a 10.8 full weight run look more impressive...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last I saw, he hit 10.194 @ 138 on the stock turbos with some spray earlier this month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its not that we can’t figure it out. No that’s not the issue at all , my car actually has a prototype hpfp upgrade on it right now that I’m testing. That will supply enough fuel on DI only for 900whp. My car is going to new limits that the stock DME and DI system just can’t support, also getting away from the problematic system all together is what I’m really after. A standalone and PI only will be consistent and a solid setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don’t mind Tony he’s just jealous. The fact you’re beating him to 9s on stock twins is causing him some discomfort. Well done BTW! I think PI only is the way to go if you want consistent running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    Don’t mind Tony he’s just jealous. The fact you’re beating him to 9s on stock twins is causing him some discomfort. Well done BTW! I think PI only is the way to go if you want consistent running.
    Exactly at least there are some left in this community that get what I’m doing. The DME is just too problematic for me . Idk how many times I see shop cars or people in general making good power go to events and it’s always a let down.and it all boils down to the bmw hardware that supports the motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've spent time arguing with people about this myself. The objective is to go as fast as you can, reliably. You can do that with PI right now or you can wait till someone completely redesigns the whole fuel, ignition and control systems applying band aid after band aid. The other alternative is standalone DI which is still way too early and expensive.

PI only - Simple, Cheap effective,reliable and FAST.

Everything a stock N54 is not!