Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2416 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The N55 has the ugliest torque curve of any BMW motor - MHD tuned E82 135i 370 whp, 458 wtq

And that is saying something.

Not MHD's fault obviously they are getting nice gains but the stock PWG turbo sucks and it is no wonder B58's smoke M2's and other N55's:

Tiny graph but you get the idea:

Click here to enlarge

370WHP/458FTLB(620NM) from this 135i N55 running our MHD Stage 2+ E30 OTS map. For the small stock pwg turbo a very nice result.
    Peak horsepower at 4500 rpm? And then it just falls and falls until redline? The first thing someone should do is ditch the factory turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ugliest curve I have ever seen is the Mustang ecoboost. N55 is second LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing a turbo upgrade won’t fix on the N55, and EBM...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on a turbo upgrade fixing that profile. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The ugliest curve I have ever seen is the Mustang ecoboost. N55 is second LOL
    I couldn't agree with you more Payam on EcoBoost. It was a dyno day and the owner was pissed after all the mods he added to it. I tried my hardest not to laugh in his face. But to agree with Sticky, yeah that's pretty bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well that's interesting as i watched a B58 vs N55 dyno last night. In their video they seemed to show the N55 making better top end power than the B58 but probably it wasn't the PWG version? i think the N55 in that video was making peak power around 5500. I think also that BMW shifted the peak torque a little higher on the B58 than the N55 to avoid situations where the car spins the tyres when moving off.

You can see BMW are selling these cars to be great at having low down power (which suits the majority of driving situations) and not for top end performance. It's a shame they have to be that bad top end though.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Domino_86 Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't agree with you more Payam on EcoBoost. It was a dyno day and the owner was pissed after all the mods he added to it. I tried my hardest not to laugh in his face. But to agree with Sticky, yeah that's pretty bad.
    With a turbo upgrade the 2.0 Ecoboost has one of the best power curves you will see in my opinion, but they do sound like $#@!. Here is one with our upgrade on it, TQ straight up, holding well, power holding decently to redline. AUC is pretty much insane...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    With a turbo upgrade the 2.0 Ecoboost has one of the best power curves you will see in my opinion, but they do sound like $#@!. Here is one with our upgrade on it, TQ straight up, holding well, power holding decently to redline. AUC is pretty much insane...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    That curve looks better than this!

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The torque numbers were about as close as what I saw on the dyno day. But the ecoboost's you guys were testing I assume are highly modded. This one wasn't and barely cracked 300 whp. So the graph was all torque. Can't knock them too hard. They perform really well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2416 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder why the Mustang is so bad? The Focus RS is much better although it isn't pretty or anything:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I wonder why the Mustang is so bad? The Focus RS is much better although it isn't pretty or anything:

https://www.BoostAddict.com/images/i...img_4031-1.jpg
    Same motor, slightly bigger turbo. The EB 2.0 is all about a bigger turbo, and solid tune. Then its ones of the better curves

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    That curve looks better than this!

Click here to enlarge
    That is horrific.