Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MHD STAGE 2+ vs RFP OTS Stage 2

Due to multiple requests on my OTS maps vs MHD maps made by Ken I decided to make a post comparing the two.
    First up is MHD Stage 2+ E50 map. As you can the power delivery is wavy. Peak power is reached and then it begins to rapidly drop off. Next is RFP OTS Stage 2. Map progression is very smooth, delivery and overall steadiness of power is much better. Instead of dropping off the HP, it stays flat towards the redline. TQ numbers are also higher at peak. The transition between TQ and HP is seamless. RFP OTS is within margin of error at peak but overall delivery and steadiness is beyond perfect. Boost is 17-17.5 psi on RFP OTS map and its made for E40.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Conclusion: Instead of simply saying how great RFP maps are I also prove the above. Try them for yourself, they are free for download and completely unlocked for personal modifications and use.
    Future maps version 4.2 will have more timing advance and more boost within the safety limits of modifications for each stage to completely blow OTS by other tuners out of the water. Enjoy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is anybody actually running any of these tunes here? I read on Facebook they were over aggressive, and causing problems for people. But, that’s Facebook.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Are the knock sensor settings OEM on all your tunes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I do not touch knock sensors at all. They are all stock sensitivity. I haven't had anyone with problems on my tunes. V1 version had overboost in 3500-4500 area by like 2 psi however that is fixed now and boost comes in very smooth and progressive also I hold it longer.

Dean@RFP
    1998 540i 6M Mtech V8 (sold)
    2007 335i 6AT Msport (wrecked) DCI, Cobb, Exhaust
    2009 335xi FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BEF, Walbro 255, Alpina B3 TCU flash, Exhaust, M3 Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also something to consider, if you question how legit these are, they are free to download and use - all you have to do is open them in TunerPro and see the values for yourself. That might simplify all the questions
    1998 540i 6M Mtech V8 (sold)
    2007 335i 6AT Msport (wrecked) DCI, Cobb, Exhaust
    2009 335xi FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BEF, Walbro 255, Alpina B3 TCU flash, Exhaust, M3 Wheels