Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Psssst... The fastest car in the world in the 1/2 mile IS direct injected... But hey 1/2 mile traps don't matter, right?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...rd-at-256-mph/
    The fastest car in the mile isn't: https://www.boostaddict.com/content....-turbo-Ford-GT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deen@streetkingimports Click here to enlarge
    Well that escalated quickly LOL. So McLaren doesn't believe DI is a performance enhancer, but does BMW believe that? Are companies that are moving over to DI only worried about gas consumption improvement only? This car dynod at 700 port injection only on a dynocom, which usually reads high from what I know and I think this was at 30 PSI
    Tony knows something McLaren doesn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2403 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I ran into no hurdles, PI is plain and simply less efficient.
    Really? It's much more efficient at higher RPM where direct injection fuel pressure rises geometrically to match it.

How many high power direct injected vehicles eventually resort to port injection? How many would you say happens with the reverse? Zero?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well no offense but you have an investment in DI with your shotgun kits, so I could see why you push DI. But the way you tested the PI only doesn't sound like you tapped any of the potential, you just turned it off and dismissed the results vs trying to tune that t for success.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He sequential fires his PI, not batch fire like everyone else on this platform

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135iTX Click here to enlarge
    Well no offense but you have an investment in DI with your shotgun kits, so I could see why you push DI. But the way you tested the PI only doesn't sound like you tapped any of the potential, you just turned it off and dismissed the results vs trying to tune that t for success.
    if you say so. I tested it back to back. It lost a $#@! load of power, so yeah I don’t need to see anymore. You want to run PI only, and take 45psi to make what we make on 28 psi, by all means, go for it. No one is stopping you. My testing has nothing to do with the shotgun. The shotgun is for people looking to make reasonable power DI only. It's not for all-out builds. I run a single barrel on my car and sequential PI on top. It's much more efficient than PI only.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-09-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N54 1/2 Mile U.S. Record: 173.68MPH
    N55 World Record: 11.7ET / 122.7MPH (MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 699WHP / 714WTQ
    N54 Twin Turbo World Record: 908WHP/ 761WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Website - Email
    #VTTDOMINATION #VTT #VARGASTURBO #VTTFAMILY #VTTINNOVATION

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    These cars are worth nickles and dimes now, no need to even argue, everyone seems to argue to keep their piece of the pie from the this platform that the majority is owned by kids lol. For this particular engine, deleting direct injection has its drawbacks, not that direct injection isn't a superior design, but I agree why push 45psi to make the same kind of power you'd get with 28 psi. Can we talk about how almost every built engine has issues? We don't even have one company that everyone can just go too for assembly? Tony what happened with your collaboration with rebello?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sure they matter. Just not in fastest claims:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really haven't seen any negative rebello posts, even burger motorsports is running one of their engines now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12