Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Red face Forged Internals And Boost

I'm looking into buying an E46 M3 in the next few weeks and plan to go to turbo. I'm looking for the best forged internals, numbers, turbos, anything you can give advice on for the build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are your goals and budget and what is the car to be used for?

Stock internals even can take some boost the motor is solid. My friend just finished building a fully forged S54 with a 6766 turbo for pretty big power.
    Cadillac CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My goals are 600whp or more if possible. My budget is somewhat non existent, time is key in my builds. I try to put a grand to 1500 a month into it. The car will be driven nearly every day. I want it to be reliable and ready to be abused.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Damian Adams Click here to enlarge
    My goals are 600whp or more if possible. My budget is somewhat non existent, time is key in my builds. I try to put a grand to 1500 a month into it. The car will be driven nearly every day. I want it to be reliable and ready to be abused.
    Sooo, you have no budget as in zero $$$ to put towards this project, or your budget is unlimited? If it's the former, then plan on about a year to a year and a half for a forged internal and turbo'd/tuned S54 on a $1k-$1.5k/mo budget. GL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    S54 TURBO Engine parts
    Brand new cylinder block
    Brand new cylinder head
    Under bore sleeves 85mm – 87mm for a brand new S54 Block
    CP Alum con-rods or steel rods and L19 rod bolts
    CP pistons 10.0:1 cr
    CP Oversize wrist pins HD
    CP Thick piston Rings
    2200cc - 2400cc Fuel injectors
    VAC rod and main coated bearings
    ” L19 head studs if you can and custom MLS head gasket.
    Treated OE crank or Stroker Crank 3.4L/3.5L
    Schrick turbo cams. Schrick coated Cam rocker arms 292/284 duration and 14.5mm lift with VANOS.
    Stage 3 porting head
    Super tech or SS and inconel valves 1mm oversize
    Super tech or Dual valves springs SPRK-2521/2BM-T1S-LC
    all super tech valve train.
    Duel inlet comp. oil pump. The best pumps you have for wet sump.
    Bore throttle bodies and tapped for 4 stage NX nitrous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robsimon799 Click here to enlarge
    S54 TURBO Engine parts
    Brand new cylinder block
    Brand new cylinder head
    CP Thick piston Rings
    Schrick turbo cams. Schrick coated Cam rocker arms 292/284 duration and 14.5mm lift with VANOS.
    Stage 3 porting head

built for turbo and nitrous and 100% meth for main injectors and fuel system its for over 1000RWHP car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    S54 TURBO Engine parts
    Brand new cylinder block
    Brand new cylinder head
    CP Thick piston Rings
    Stage 3 porting head
    Say more about this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    CP is making Alum. con-rods for anything that has 4 wheel and roof windshield !
    they where starting with testing them with V8's and its 850$ USD for a set of 6 for the S54 engine.
    little cheaper then the steel CP rods that are around 2600$ for a set of 6 for the e46 m3 s54 engine.
    but the guy at CP told me the alum rods stretch a bit when used. so to watch what you do in the engine build.
    all though both can take over 1500rwhp + the alum rods will fail sooner and on time then the steel rods will last lift time if your good to them. oil change on time and correct supporting parts and changing your wear parts before they fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stosh1 Click here to enlarge
    Say more about this...
    Aluminum rods are easier on your bearings at big power. They technically have a fatigue life so like robsimon said they won't last forever but people that use them say this isn't really an issue even when driving on the street. They are so strong that the street miles might as well be infinite fatigue life like steel.
    Cadillac CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    Aluminum rods are easier on your bearings at big power. They technically have a fatigue life so like robsimon said they won't last forever but people that use them say this isn't really an issue even when driving on the street. They are so strong that the street miles might as well be infinite fatigue life like steel.
    Lol, thx man, yeah...I know all about aluminum con rods...was asking for more specific info around these new CP rods. Like, more specifically, where are they manufactured? Which aluminum material? What type of rod bolts? Availability? Etc..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    CP is making Alum. con-rods for anything that has 4 wheel and roof windshield !
    they where starting with testing them with V8's and its 850$ USD for a set of 6 for the S54 engine.
    little cheaper then the steel CP rods that are around 2600$ for a set of 6 for the e46 m3 s54 engine.
    but the guy at CP told me the alum rods stretch a bit when used. so to watch what you do in the engine build.
    all though both can take over 1500rwhp + the alum rods will fail sooner and on time then the steel rods will last lift time if your good to them. oil change on time and correct supporting parts and changing your wear parts before they fail.
    I spoke w/a fellow named 'Jerry' over at CP and according to him, that's simply not the case at all...says they're just making them for domestics like Chevy's, Ford's, etc. He also went on to say that they're intended strictly for drag racing and not street use!? Nothing planned for BMW's. What's/who's your source providing this info? Gotta phone number, or direct contact, or anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I spoke w/a fellow named 'Jerry' over at CP and according to him, that's simply not the case at all...says they're just making them for domestics like Chevy's, Ford's, etc. He also went on to say that they're intended strictly for drag racing and not street use!? Nothing planned for BMW's. What's/who's your source providing this info? Gotta phone number, or direct contact, or anything?
    BME will make aluminum rods for a BMW im sure

http://www.bmeltd.com/rods.htm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    BME will make aluminum rods for a BMW im sure

http://www.bmeltd.com/rods.htm
    A good tuner friend of mine was actually looking into it for me as he knows them, and I believe that they would...just not gonna be cheap. He swears that BME's would hold up on the street as will-IDK!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i talked to one of the rod guys a CP. and they told me the are starting with the V8's and will make a rod for BMW's m3"s for 850$

You asked and we deliver…CP-Carrillo now offers Aluminum Rods.Click here to enlargeWhy CP-Carrillo Aluminum rods? (Or, more importantly, what’s in it for You)
    The first thing we need to ask ourselves is “What Exactly Makes a CP-Carrillo Aluminum Rod?” To answer this question, we need to remember that the “CP-Carrillo” name not only designates a certain type of connecting rod but also a certain process and how we actually get there. So, to get started, let’s break down our process into three important categories: Manufacturing, Engineering and Development.

ManufacturingEach Aluminum connecting rod is manufactured from a forging, enabling proper grain flow and removal of any surface inclusions or conversions that usually accompanies the forging process. Each lot of forgings is independently inspected and certified. By insuring proper grain flow, the strength and durability of each CP-Carrillo Aluminum rod becomes more consistent and reliable from the first point of manufacturing all the way to the extreme uses in the racing world.

EngineeringCP-Carrillo has been building its image for many years and takes great pride in every rod that ships out the door. Because of this, each rod is thoroughly designed using a 3D software package, R&D programs and FEA Modeling.
    Many aspects go into designing a successful Aluminum connecting rod. In this case, it’s all the little things that add up and allow CP-Carrillo to stand alone:

• Greater cross sectional strength
    • Superior bolts
    • High quality materials (7000 series and Scandium Enhanced Aluminum)
    • Arc Serration- not concentric to the bolt hole, allowing oil to escape during assembly and operation
    • Lighter design
    • Custom options (Pin End burnishing, ASF treatment to name a few)

Going back to our manufacturing process, this is why it is important that we are able to hold extreme tolerances and finish with an all inclusive quality control process, which is the best in the industry. CP-Carrillo ISO 9001:2008 certificated in recognition of its standardized best practice production techniques.

DevelopmentAs time goes on, the industry changes direction as well as your needs. We continue to develop new and exciting ways to meet your growing expectations. With our race team involvement and special projects, we are able to explore new ideas which directly affect the way your current and future connecting rods are designed. We continue to evolve our processes so we can continue to offer you the most advanced connecting rod on the market.

So, What’s In It For You?Besides the obvious visible features, when holding a CP-Carrillo Aluminum rod in your hand, you look at generations of artisan experience and expertise that have most likely been developed with the help of some of your racing heroes. As you begin or continue with your racing experiences, you can feel comfortable that CP-Carrillo will be with you every step of the way.
    For more information and availability, please contact 949-567-9000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i talked to one of the rod guys a CP. and they told me the are starting with the V8's and will make a rod for BMW's m3"s for 850$

You asked and we deliver…CP-Carrillo now offers Aluminum Rods.https://www.BoostAddict.com/images/i...minumrod-1.jpgWhy CP-Carrillo Aluminum rods? (Or, more importantly, what’s in it for You)
    The first thing we need to ask ourselves is “What Exactly Makes a CP-Carrillo Aluminum Rod?” To answer this question, we need to remember that the “CP-Carrillo” name not only designates a certain type of connecting rod but also a certain process and how we actually get there. So, to get started, let’s break down our process into three important categories: Manufacturing, Engineering and Development.

ManufacturingEach Aluminum connecting rod is manufactured from a forging, enabling proper grain flow and removal of any surface inclusions or conversions that usually accompanies the forging process. Each lot of forgings is independently inspected and certified. By insuring proper grain flow, the strength and durability of each CP-Carrillo Aluminum rod becomes more consistent and reliable from the first point of manufacturing all the way to the extreme uses in the racing world.

EngineeringCP-Carrillo has been building its image for many years and takes great pride in every rod that ships out the door. Because of this, each rod is thoroughly designed using a 3D software package, R&D programs and FEA Modeling.
    Many aspects go into designing a successful Aluminum connecting rod. In this case, it’s all the little things that add up and allow CP-Carrillo to stand alone:

• Greater cross sectional strength
    • Superior bolts
    • High quality materials (7000 series and Scandium Enhanced Aluminum)
    • Arc Serration- not concentric to the bolt hole, allowing oil to escape during assembly and operation
    • Lighter design
    • Custom options (Pin End burnishing, ASF treatment to name a few)

Going back to our manufacturing process, this is why it is important that we are able to hold extreme tolerances and finish with an all inclusive quality control process, which is the best in the industry. CP-Carrillo ISO 9001:2008 certificated in recognition of its standardized best practice production techniques.

DevelopmentAs time goes on, the industry changes direction as well as your needs. We continue to develop new and exciting ways to meet your growing expectations. With our race team involvement and special projects, we are able to explore new ideas which directly affect the way your current and future connecting rods are designed. We continue to evolve our processes so we can continue to offer you the most advanced connecting rod on the market.

So, What’s In It For You?Besides the obvious visible features, when holding a CP-Carrillo Aluminum rod in your hand, you look at generations of artisan experience and expertise that have most likely been developed with the help of some of your racing heroes. As you begin or continue with your racing experiences, you can feel comfortable that CP-Carrillo will be with you every step of the way.
    For more information and availability, please contact 949-567-9000
    Do you have a contact name?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have a contact name?

it was binning of summer when i called them i can't remember his name at all so no sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1902 Mc Gaw
    Irvine, CA 92614 USAP: 949-567-9000
    F: 949-567-9010www.cp-carrillo.com

[IMG]file:///page1image3312[/IMG] [COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]ALUMINUM CONNECTING ROD SPEC SHEET[/COLOR]

To be filled out by CP-Carrillo

[IMG]file:///page1image6824[/IMG] Customer:

[IMG]file:///page1image8040[/IMG]
    ERN:

[IMG]file:///page1image11728[/IMG] Phone:

[IMG]file:///page1image12976[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image13424[/IMG]
    FA:

Date:

[IMG]file:///page1image17088[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image17536[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image18280[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image18704[/IMG] Sales Rep:

[IMG]file:///page1image19672[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image20096[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image20544[/IMG]
    Reference Part No.:

New Part No.:

[IMG]file:///page1image24384[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image24704[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image25176[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image25816[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image27176[/IMG] [COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]ENGINE DATA[/COLOR]

Application:

[IMG]file:///page1image30352[/IMG]
    No. of Cylinders:

[IMG]file:///page1image33152[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image33632[/IMG]
    Fuel Type:(e.g. Alcohol, Race gas, etc.)

NOS

NO

[IMG]file:///page1image38472[/IMG] YES

[IMG]file:///page1image39832[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image40256[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image40728[/IMG] How much HP?

[IMG]file:///page1image41736[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image43288[/IMG] [COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]FORGED ALUMINUM CONNECTING ROD DATA[/COLOR]

Target weight:

[IMG]file:///page1image46496[/IMG] Total:

[IMG]file:///page1image47744[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image48504[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image48928[/IMG] gr.

[IMG]file:///page1image49856[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image50280[/IMG]
    Recip.

[IMG]file:///page1image51464[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image52048[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image52632[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image53056[/IMG] gr.

[IMG]file:///page1image53984[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image54408[/IMG]
    A CC Length

E Small End Thickness

B Big End Bore

[IMG]file:///page1image59512[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image60416[/IMG] F Cap Swing

[IMG]file:///page1image62008[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image62432[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image62912[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image63336[/IMG]
    C Small End Bore

G - Cam Clearance Swing

D Big End Thickness

[IMG]file:///page1image68048[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image68952[/IMG] H Big End Width

[IMG]file:///page1image70448[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///page1image70920[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image71344[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image71824[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image72248[/IMG]
    Pocketed Rod

YES

[IMG]file:///page1image74680[/IMG]
    NO

[IMG]file:///page1image76008[/IMG]
    Cap Clearance Relief

YES

[IMG]file:///page1image77880[/IMG]
    NO

[IMG]file:///page1image79208[/IMG]
    Pin Fit

[IMG]file:///page1image81064[/IMG] YES

[IMG]file:///page1image82312[/IMG]
    Dimension:

[IMG]file:///page1image83376[/IMG]
    Taper Degree

[IMG]file:///page1image85896[/IMG] 3 Deg. 4.8 deg. NONE

[IMG]file:///page1image87256[/IMG] SP-72-04

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ehhhh, I can't see anything. ^^^^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry guys post #17 didn’t turn out the way I wanted it too

but anyways for cp’s Ailum rods they have a custom rod form and I think they will get the s54/n54/4g63t/s85/s65/s52/jz2/and so on.
    i had to ask about custom rods for the e46 m3 s54 and he told me they can do it