Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

I dont need to pull my battery or anything just to install a new TMAP sensor, right?

Im going to upgrade to an N20 3.5bar TMAP sensor. I could have sworn I saw posts indicating sensor installs are real finicky and I need to pull all power before disconnecting or do something unsual lest the computer/tune wont read correctly.

I cant find the threads now though.

Is there anything more to installing the sensor then just unplug old and add new?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

No, but if you feel scared just pull the negative on the battery lol. Could be just as fast as making this thread Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No, but if you feel scared just pull the negative on the battery lol. Could be just as fast as making this thread Click here to enlarge
    gotcha - i ordered it from your site btw

battery disconnect is more of a pain for me due to a subwoofer directly on top of it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by theobjectivist Click here to enlarge
    gotcha - i ordered it from your site btw

battery disconnect is more of a pain for me due to a subwoofer directly on top of it
    Ahh, that makes sense. You're fine!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Make sure to turn off your car 1st, as with most mods.
    N54 ACF 6466 Meth MOTIV / E70 #1 JBD / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I’ve always pulled my motor out when replacing my MAP sensor.
    Which is why my motor has not been in my car in over a year. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ lol cheeky buggers

found the thread i mentioned - its called “MHD w/ N20 3.5bar help” if you search the other forums

The tuner in the thread says the ECU must be asleep and your MHD tune must be flashed to the new sensor before removing the old. Easiest way to put to sleep is pulling battery, I guess

Uncertain if any of that’s needed but my car has given me such fits Im trying to handle even the simplest task with whatever people experienced