Close

Thread: vektor headers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

vektor headers

I know there are a few threads that have talked about this at one point or another, BUT has anyone actually gotten a set and have experience them first hand???

So far everything we've heard about these are from the manufacture and the one MotoIQ article, which is nothing but praises, which kind of makes it feel a little suspect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YVR666 Click here to enlarge
    I know there are a few threads that have talked about this at one point or another, BUT has anyone actually gotten a set and have experience them first hand???

So far everything we've heard about these are from the manufacture and the one MotoIQ article, which is nothing but praises, which kind of makes it feel a little suspect.
    I'm in the same position as you.

I have two sets of headers and am trying to convince @VektorPerformance to work with me so I can do an independent comparison on my turbo upgraded car.

The MotoIQ article is good, but self-serving. It doesn't compare against anyone else and is designed to flatter the headers. That's fine. It's not a real independent test though.

I'm ready as soon as Vektor is...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Also, if you want to see me test these and independent results e-mail chris@vektorperformance.com to give them a nudge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha oh trust me, i already been going back and forth with them, and it seems like they would not budge on the price.

I did find a guy who have their headers on instagram tho, the dude is seems pretty legit in terms of modding his car...

the last pics in this shows his dyno, with tune and other bolt on parts as control, but swapping only headers.

and to quote his response from another post "I have noticed an increased exhaust tone and the turbo is spooling faster, the engine is awakening up faster… but I will be lying if I tell you I noticed the power increase. I know the dyno felt it, but in the real life the gains were too small. I going to do a turbo upgrade, gts turbos, so probably the gains with the vektor header will be more noticeable."

planning to pick these up and install them sometimes next month, will update on how it goes. My car its stock GTS, was planning to get cats and was thinking about exhausts, but might be an interesting experiment to throw these guys on first and put them to the test! Have no access to dyno of any sorts tho, will be a butt dyno and experience review at best!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the last pics in this shows his dyno, with tune and other bolt on parts as control, but swapping only headers.
    Yeah that dyno was posted before and we can't figure out why he shows gains down low and up until the top end where it levels out.

I think we just attributed to a dyno with a lack of proper airflow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    planning to pick these up and install them sometimes next month, will update on how it goes. My car its stock GTS, was planning to get cats and was thinking about exhausts, but might be an interesting experiment to throw these guys on first and put them to the test! Have no access to dyno of any sorts tho, will be a butt dyno and experience review at best!
    Well that's better than nothing!

I plan to test these out on the dyno, 60-130, and on the drastrip with my turbo upgraded car.

Comparing vs. Kline and Fabspeed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice do you already have those two headers? Whats the timeline like for your test?

Also are you PTS on another forum? :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also are you PTS on another forum? :-)
    PTS? No.

nice do you already have those two headers? Whats the timeline like for your test?
    Kline I have and Fabspeed should be shipping. Timeline is ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    cool man, well i just ordered a pair of the coated vektor headers. depending on how much work it's involved to throw them on i might not get to it until october. will report back. Please share any results with fabspeed and kline as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool man, well i just ordered a pair of the coated vektor headers. depending on how much work it's involved to throw them on i might not get to it until october. will report back. Please share any results with fabspeed and kline as well
    Well you got the set I was trying to get! I'll have to wait until they get another coated set in to negotiate.

I'm not going to compare just Kline and Fabspeed as that would be a waste of time plus setting up all the resources.

I'll just wait to see when Vektor says they have more in stock.

They are super easy to put on by the way.