Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Where to get DOCRACE kit installed on East Coast?

Hey guys,

I live in an apartment, so no garage. Interesting in finding a competent shop on the east coast to handle a DOCRACE ST install into my 2009 135i. Anyone got any recommendations? I'm located in Virginia specifically.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Heard good things about RRT they have done some motive installs. They do good work but not a value option

RRT
    23700 Overland Dr,
    Sterling, VA 20166

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any other suggestions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Performance Innovations in Hampton VA has done a few Doc race installs on N54's before including some upgraded twins as well. Highly recommend!

https://www.performanceinnovations.co/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @highbrowed you find a shop?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was just at performance innovations today, had to get the AC compressor done in my car and didnt feel like DIY'ing it lol. One of the Tech's their cody was talking to me about how he did the last docrace kit install and removed stock turbos without even touching the subframe all in under 10 hrs. pretty impressive if you ask me lol. once again, highly recommend them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Under 10 hours is god level for a single install. I'd almost be worried!
    ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah 10 hours you have to be moving...I don't think I could do it under 16 and I just finished doing one. Then again, I'm not a mechanic and I don't work on BMWs every day. I mean two 8 hour days is fair imo from start to finish. You want to do a water pump usually when you are in there etc.
    N54 ACF 6466 Meth MOTIV / E70 #1 JBD / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    yeah 10 hours you have to be moving...I don't think I could do it under 16 and I just finished doing one. Then again, I'm not a mechanic and I don't work on BMWs every day. I mean two 8 hour days is fair imo from start to finish. You want to do a water pump usually when you are in there etc.
    i believe my local dealer told me it took 12-14 but their method is pulling the trans instead of the subframe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Optigrab Click here to enlarge
    i believe my local dealer told me it took 12-14 but their method is pulling the trans instead of the subframe
    That is interesting...I don't see how that helps much? Or am I missing/forgetting something?

I would never do any turbo swap be it single or stock frames without dropping the subframe. It's quick enough to do and gives a lot more space I found.
    N54 ACF 6466 Meth MOTIV / E70 #1 JBD / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pulling the transmission would not net you any more room to swap turbos. From what I've seen, most dealers drop the engine, transmission and subframe all together.

Click here to enlarge
    ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can drop the subframe in literally 20 minutes. I'm not sure why people never do that when it makes it 1000% easier for turbo installs. PS I've done like 15 of these turbo kits and there's no way anyone can do it in 10 hours. Maybe if you had 3 people working on it at 3 different angles, I still don't see it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I can drop the subframe in literally 20 minutes. I'm not sure why people never do that when it makes it 1000% easier for turbo installs. PS I've done like 15 of these turbo kits and there's no way anyone can do it in 10 hours. Maybe if you had 3 people working on it at 3 different angles, I still don't see it.
    +1

I've done over 10 conversions at this point and they all take some time to get perfect and running out of the box with peace of mind. 10 hours would be a dream, especially when I can do stock twin turbo within 6 hours start to finish. I work at a BMW aftermarket shop and we do turbo swaps very often. Never finished a single conversion within 10 hours to date. Maybe if I rushed through it..
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going to try RRT or perhaps GT Peace.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highbrowed Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going to try RRT or perhaps GT Peace.
    report back would love to hear how it goes and ballpark price

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2390 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Optigrab Click here to enlarge
    report back would love to hear how it goes and ballpark price
    Exactly what I was going to say. THIS^ please.