Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vektor Performance air and oil separator for Porsche 991.2

Ran into this and thought it was interesting. I really don't know what to make of it but based on what Vektor Performance writes isn't this a must have mod?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vektor Performance
    Vektor Performance Air/Oil Separator is designed to remove oil droplets from crankcase venting before it is routed back into the turbo inlet. The factory setup allows oil vapors to form deposits in the turbo inlet, compressor housing, intercooler and everything else downstream in the intake tract. Oil Vapors in the charge air reduced potential octane rating, an oily film reduces intercooler efficiency, and accumulation can cause other issues. The Vektor Performance Air/Oil Separator takes a significant step toward reducing/eliminating the negative effects of oil vapors in the intake tract. As power and performance increases, increased blow-by will compound this issue as well, making the Vektor Air/Oil Separator even more critical to maintaining optimum performance.
    For Sale - OEM Porsche 991.2 PSE exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ran into this and thought it was interesting. I really don't know what to make of it but based on what Vektor Performance writes isn't this a must have mod?

hum Click here to enlarge Not sure what to think on this one. Cannot imagine this would’ve been something that Porsche would not have thought of. I don’t have the engineering knowledge to know if something like this is a waste or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by T.O. Click here to enlarge
    hum Click here to enlarge Not sure what to think on this one. Cannot imagine this would’ve been something that Porsche would not have thought of. I don’t have the engineering knowledge to know if something like this is a waste or not?
    I'm wondering if it is similar like an oil catch can that they use frequently on other turbo platforms?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is catch can a low class world? Why everyone tries to fancy up this thing lol

Yeah it's a must have atl east for when you are working on intake side of your car and don't want to drip oil bits from intake pipes on to the ground from everytime you loose a connection. And why they don't have it from manufacture has to do with emission things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just sounds like a catch can to me..
    2017 991.2 C2 | Fabspeed X-Pipe | Fabspeed Cat Bypass | Techart Type II Spoiler | H&R VTF Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    Is catch can a low class world? Why everyone tries to fancy up this thing lol
    The 911 guys aren't used to it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Air Oil Separator (AOS) is a term from the Subaru world. Google WRX AOS and it'll pop up Perrin, Grimmspeed, Crawford, etc.