2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

6-speed manual custom anti-lag and launch control

No idea how this works but 6-speed guys might want to pay attention:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Says they won't release any details or release it to the public...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is epic and I want all of it. This + a proper shift bog fix/NLS should net some nasty 1/4 mile times...

Nice work Tony.
    2008 BMW 135i 6MT - Doc Race Single Turbo 6266
    752whp/691wtq @ 30psi, weighs 3260lbs

Complete build: my1series.com
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/jakespence135
    Instagram updates: instagram.com/jakespence
    N54 t-shirts, etc: bimmerstreet.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    it's not Tony working on it. It's that 'tuner' guy from Colorado.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iminhell1 Click here to enlarge
    Who is he?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry Joe, I have to respond to something so ridiculous. Where these people get this info I will never know. First off I 100% built this system myself from scratch with no help from any tuner. I bounced a couple questions off a few people in the industry, and had Justin check a few logs, besides that its been me blowing everyones ear drums out at the shop until I got it dialed. Seriously where do people come up with this stuff, I have never even worked with a tuner in Colorado...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not in the loop on this but I presume he's using a WOT BOX to vary power to the coils along with the JB4's anti-lag technique (timing going negative based on IAT input) in combination. I've been wanting to program that in to the JB4 for testing but not gotten to it yet. Waiting for our primary MT race car to get back first. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sorry Joe, I have to respond to something so ridiculous. Where these people get this info I will never know. First off I 100% built this system myself from scratch with no help from any tuner. I bounced a couple questions off a few people in the industry, and had Justin check a few logs, besides that its been me blowing everyones ear drums out at the shop until I got it dialed. Seriously where do people come up with this stuff, I have never even worked with a tuner in Colorado...
    Feel free to respond if correcting info or telling us what it is.

Why the secrecy though? You posted it so you clearly want to show you have it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dean Fuhriman I am working on launch control of 6MT on flash only ...
    I am still working on some problems ...

Posted in a FB group a day ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That doesn't mention Tony or VTT at all. You know what they say about assumptions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KevinC39 Click here to enlarge
    That doesn't mention Tony or VTT at all. You know what they say about assumptions.

I know.
    Also, when has Tony ever done his own tuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know.
    Also, when has Tony ever done his own tuning?
    Tony does quite a bit of tuning on his own. Has for many years. We do often work with a variety of very skilled tuners but supposing that Tony does no tuning couldn’t be further from the truth. If you knew Tony and how impatient he is, as well as how often he wants to try new things this would be obvious to you. Click here to enlarge
    Chris - VTT Forum Representative
    Chris@Vargasturbo.com
    www.Vargasturbo.com
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Tony does quite a bit of tuning on his own. Has for many years. We do often work with a variety of very skilled tuners but supposing that Tony does no tuning couldn’t be further from the truth. If you knew Tony and how impatient he is, as well as how often he wants to try new things this would be obvious to you. Click here to enlarge
    Is this going to be released or is this just for personal testing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is this going to be released or is this just for personal testing?
    This isn't something we would market, or look to make money on. This is what I look at as time spent on a competitive advantage. As you well know this is a competitive platform, and any edge found is one kept close to the chest at least for me. If this were as easy as a WOT-box, and some anti-lag logic its pretty safe to say everyone would be able to do it, and be doing it I found it was quite a bit more involved than that to get it working in a way that is actually usable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Any plans to release this to your customers? I know a hella lot of people that could care less how you did it but would let you install it on their cars for $$$

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135iTX Click here to enlarge
    I know a hella lot of people that could care less how you did it
    Certain people would rip this off in seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Certain people would rip this off in seconds.
    To be clear I'm referring to 'the other guys' in Tony's comment. I assume he's also right about them over blowing what's involved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    at least share with your customers Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well if it's more than the WOT box and our BEF anti-lag tables, then the only other competent I can think of is also integrating in PI control to dump fuel during the anti-lag.

We've got the JB4 connected to all three.. Coil power, anti-lag logic, and port injection control.. Would be easy to try! Payam, bring your 335 in tomorrow. lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Well if it's more than the WOT box and our BEF anti-lag tables, then the only other competent I can think of is also integrating in PI control to dump fuel during the anti-lag.

We've got the JB4 connected to all three.. Coil power, anti-lag logic, and port injection control.. Would be easy to try! Payam, bring your 335 in tomorrow. lol
    Yea, that's the only thing I can think of as well is to add more fuel. I'll bring the car tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So it turns out STEP+AntiLag = Awesome. Not sure if Tony figured out something beyond this but you guys are going to like this change.

PS. I tried dumping a little PI on top of it but it didn't really improve things further.

Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That just made like 12 pounds of boost lol. Oh crap, this is going to be fun.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    So it turns out STEP+AntiLag = Awesome. Not sure if Tony figured out something beyond this but you guys are going to like this change.

PS. I tried dumping a little PI on top of it but it didn't really improve things further.
    So is this the same thing or your take on it?

This will be offered to JB4 guys, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No idea what Tony is cooking.. But, this seems to work well. I was testing this at my house and the HOA rolled up and started $#@!ing. Thought I was shooting in the yard at first lol. So had to pack it up for the day. Will work on it more next week. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry just listening to your backfires I can tell you don't have it. Once its right, its completely smooth, its not jumping around, and popping like that.

Click here to enlarge

So again the non-tuner does what tuners say isn't possible, and all of sudden the tuners are all over it. Gotta love it, reminds of those other guys telling me I would never make more than 650WHP DI only without injector tables..Click here to enlarge Keep trying, you may get it.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N54 1/2 Mile U.S. Record: 173.68MPH
    N55 World Record: 11.7ET / 122.7MPH (MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 699WHP / 714WTQ
    N54 Twin Turbo World Record: 847WHP/ 761WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Website - Email
    #VTTDOMINATION #VTT #VARGASTURBO #VTTFAMILY #VTTINNOVATION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast