Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New N54 WGDC Boost control logic from RFPTuning for large twin upgrades

Never heard of these guys and I have no idea what any of this means but if they can reduce lag for upgraded twins more power to them:

Click here to enlarge

Flash only apparently, no JB4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol JB4 already has WGDC 100% boost spool up logic, has since it's release. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol JB4 already has WGDC 100% boost spool up logic, has since it's release. Click here to enlarge
    So this is a whole lot of nothing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The chart is a bunch of nothing. But have not read the marketing copy on what they are claiming to provide.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    But have not read the marketing copy on what they are claiming to provide.
    Me either because they didn't provide anything other than the chart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey Terry. Sorry for a long reply (I've been really F* Up yesterday after club). Yes JB4 uses some of the similar logic and tables more like cell by cell fill in. This is Commanded WGDC without use of other 5 tables for FLASH ONLY (aka MHD) situations. I am always down to tune JB4 but not anyone has it and flash only options must be used. I am not going to show table because I put some time into it but basically when car enters spool, it shuts wastegates completely (like jb4 does) instead of pulse which creates inconsistency in some cases. Due to temperature, EGTs, IATs etc WGDC calculation could be a bit off which creates different result with spool and not always what we want it to be. By setting RPM x Boost Setpoint we are commanding WGDC not to a calculation but to a set point and using P factor to bring it closer to target and D to smooth it out. So now instead of using 5+ tables to create consistency we can use just one. I honestly don't know why people haven't used this earlier but this is going to be very fun project and creating new tables for different set ups is going to be beneficial to the community
    1998 540i 6M Mtech V8 (sold)
    2007 335i 6AT Msport (wrecked) DCI, Cobb, Exhaust
    2009 335xi FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BEF, Walbro 255, Alpina B3 TCU flash, Exhaust, M3 Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The RPM x Boost setpoint table was discovered by jyamona and has been public already for about 2 years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes I am aware of that but it hasn't been widely used even though it is a lot more practical imo. Considering that with regular control you have variety of tables control WGDC here you have a set value which can be adjust (Similar to EVOs) and PID for smoothing factor. I really hope people use this table more. I will run some tests and show the results once time permits.
    2009 335xi FBO, JB4 G5 ISO, BEF, Walbro 255, Alpina B3 TCU flash, Exhaust, M3 Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Huh? Basically anyone with large twins and singles uses this already? It’s been public knowledge for well over a year now and was discovered by jyamona. Loads of folks absolutely use this already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Haven't seen many people bro. Really haven't

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DeanerBeamer Click here to enlarge
    Yes I am aware of that but it hasn't been widely used even though it is a lot more practical imo.
    Would you be able to say who is using it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More as who is not using it Click here to enlarge I talked to few people and they said they find it perfect for some set ups (such as big turbskies) but talking to others they are not interested. Someone has to try out new things, might as well be me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock logic is better for rattle and wear because if WG position is determined to be closed, it throws heaps of extra WGDC at it to hold it closed hard, even during times when you can't always do that with just a base table and PID. I have upgraded twins and I'm happy with stock logic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is not "RPF Tuning"s control logic at all, it's MHD's/ Jakes. Every single turbo or hybrid turbo car uses this if they're tuner knows what theyre doing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by noorj Click here to enlarge
    This is not "RPF Tuning"s control logic at all, it's MHD's/ Jakes. Every single turbo or hybrid turbo car uses this if they're tuner knows what theyre doing
    Yes unfortunately Sticky has titled the thread incorrectly.

It's BMW/Continental/Bosch's and comes on the DME but Jake discovered it and the switch to enable it.

I disagree regarding hybrid turbos. There are still advantages to stock logic when using stock-style vacuum wastegates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bradsm87 Click here to enlarge
    I posted what RFPTuning posted...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I posted what RFPTuning posted...
    Did they say "New N54 WGDC Boost control logic from RFPTuning" because that's the bit that's incorrect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did they say "New N54 WGDC Boost control logic from RFPTuning" because that's the bit that's incorrect.
    Yes:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RFPTuning
    New WGDC Boost control logic in Testing for faster spool on big twins.
    *In Testing
    Hence why I posted this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes:

Hence why I posted this thread.
    I can see how it could have been interpreted that way but what they meant was just that they're testing the different WGDC control method discovered by Jake Y some time ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can see how it could have been interpreted that way but what they meant was just that they're testing the different WGDC control method discovered by Jake Y some time ago.
    So all of this and it's not new logic...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So all of this and it's not new logic...
    Yep

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It's BMW/Continental/Bosch's and comes on the DME but Jake discovered it and the switch to enable it.

I disagree regarding hybrid turbos. There are still advantages to stock logic when using stock-style vacuum wastegates.
    What advantages? I've tuned a few MMP and PS2 cars and the amount the maf req is scaled with a N20 tmap makes the resolution really poor if you're tuning for more than one boost level. Using the boost setpoint is just cleaner and more consistent especially to get dialed in for multiple different boost pressures (boost by gear)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by noorj Click here to enlarge
    What advantages? I've tuned a few MMP and PS2 cars and the amount the maf req is scaled with a N20 tmap makes the resolution really poor if you're tuning for more than one boost level. Using the boost setpoint is just cleaner and more consistent especially to get dialed in for multiple different boost pressures (boost by gear)
    I completely re-scaled all the table cells when I upgraded turbos to give even spacing right from the bottom to the top and left to right rather than close spacing down low and big jumps at high boost setpoint like a lot of tuners do. I find the resolution good. I admit that this stock logic method is more time consuming and might not suit professional tuners. I self-tune my car and am happy to spend many hours tuning it.

Stock logic holds the WG HARD closed during situations where it would otherwise be closed but rattling. It is base + adder then PID is done then it's converted to WG position and back to WGDC. Sounds overly complicated and silly but the advantage is that let's say in a certain MAF and setpoint situation, 50% WGDC is closed but rattling, the stock position logic will recognise that it's closed anyway and throw max WGDC at it to stop the rattle and wear.