Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

N54 Performance?

Forgive my ignorance, but where is all the performance #s for these N54's?

I dont see a sticky thread, i dont see 60-130's, i dont see 1/4 miles.

All i see is dyno's.

There must be 200 upgraded and ST N54s, and no one is racing these cars?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are plenty who race their n54's. The reality is it's not the greatest drag platform. For those who do it's a bit of an uphill battle. But if you search you will find plenty of slips. All the vendors have posted theirs here and there. I don't know the rules for linking to other forums but others have stickys for 10 second club and what not. Also there are lots that road race, auto cross, roll race etc.
    2008 BMW 535i SPORT | FBO+ | VTT GC LITES | JB4 | DPT BEF | BMS METH KIT | PROMETH DP KIT | PR COILS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's because we don't use a sticky thread.

After dynographs.com finishes its testing you will see it followed by trapspeeds.com and 60-130.com.

We will have a professional database that updates in real time for all cars that is going to make dragtimes look like the ancient website it is.

As for the N54, they tend to race more on the dyno than on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so basically n54s are dyno queens. makes sense

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dudley Click here to enlarge
    so basically n54s are dyno queens. makes sense
    Fake news. The cars just can't ET in the 1/4 very well. On the road, they suprise a $#@! ton of "higher HP' cars - both with stock turbos and with hybrids or singles. With stock turbos, they make much more low end and midrange torque than other cars with the same or more HP. So a 400whp NA LS car vs a 400WHP N54 gets "gapped" easily. Same goes with the hybrids in the 550 - 700whp range. Singles on this platform have a much better power curve than what I've seen from 2JZs with singles, so...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah, they are right. N54 powered cars can't win a race. End thread, good bye doof.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im not asking for opinions. im asking where is the data. everyone says how badass they are. wheres the mph's? 1/4 and 1/2? the 60-130's.. all i keep seeing is dyno this dyno that.. seems as soon as they get off the dyno they become parking lot princess's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im not asking for opinions. im asking where is the data. everyone says how badass they are. wheres the mph's? 1/4 and 1/2? the 60-130's.. all i keep seeing is dyno this dyno that.. seems as soon as they get off the dyno they become parking lot princess's
    Really only VTT seemed to run the 1/2 mile: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...-2-mile-record

There's a few others. I think @jt0407 ran the Texas mile or maybe it was just some roll ons at TX2K17 along with @Milan: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...ighlight=texas

It pretty much is a dyno queen. Guys think some upcoming trans swaps will change that. Maybe that will happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Really only VTT seemed to run the 1/2 mile: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...-2-mile-record

There's a few others. I think @jt0407 ran the Texas mile or maybe it was just some roll ons at TX2K17 along with @Milan: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...ighlight=texas

It pretty much is a dyno queen. Guys think some upcoming trans swaps will change that. Maybe that will happen.
    Exactly, i see more shop cars running than private owners. I see a ton of info from the 500hp days, people were back and forth new posts new PBs, new info. but since people broke into 6 7- 8- 900hp range, seems they all claim they are hitting the strips, ( air and drag) and a some do, but then dont have good days (mph way less than dyno claims should have been), and then nothing else from them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    These cars aren't dyno queens, just like they aren't 1/4 mile cars.

The N54 is a street machine. A real driver's car that is attainable. Not something that is built to be trailered to the strip and back to the shop. As someone who likes to drive my car, it's fantastic. Very torquey, plenty of power whenever I need it around town or on the highway. Anyone who rolls up on me has always been left surprised. From stock turbos to upgraded twins and now my single turbo, it's been a great performing car in everyday conditions.
    🔧 Check out my 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
    📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
    🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
    🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
    🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by suspenceful Click here to enlarge
    These cars aren't dyno queens, just like they aren't 1/4 mile cars.

The N54 is a street machine. A real driver's car that is attainable. Not something that is built to be trailered to the strip and back to the shop. As someone who likes to drive my car, it's fantastic. Very torquey, plenty of power whenever I need it around town or on the highway. Anyone who rolls up on me has always been left surprised. From stock turbos to upgraded twins and now my single turbo, it's been a great performing car in everyday conditions.
    I keep hearing the internet tell me that.. but never any proof.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, i see more shop cars running than private owners. I see a ton of info from the 500hp days, people were back and forth new posts new PBs, new info. but since people broke into 6 7- 8- 900hp range, seems they all claim they are hitting the strips, ( air and drag) and a some do, but then dont have good days (mph way less than dyno claims should have been), and then nothing else from them
    Guys do hit the strip but the times are never what they expect so slips don't get posted. It's been over 5 years of N54's huddling around that low 11 second at 130 mark.

yeah singles make a ton of power but few guys talk about how many issues their setups have. Some are honest. Some are also dialed in very well but these are the dedicated handful which we see here.

There are some strong roll on examples but it hurts that most big power n54's are mated to the manual. The M3 puts up better numbers per horse predominantly due to the trans. The gearing helps too.

We will see some guys set records this year but at what point do the guys who want that high level of performance simply move to a newer platform? The RS3 is kicking the $#@! out of any N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    yea, its just crazy. if you want an enjoybale mid 10 / 130mph bmw, get the m3 and supercharge on pump gas. if you want 140mph bmw, m3 and e85 apparently. and they are doing it wit muh much less hp, almost no issues, and hundreds of hp less.

and its not even the slips, its the race videos im looking for. I just went to some above commenting peoples pages, and hey speak as if they are destroying cars left and right, but the video's is of them racing intake tune exhaust cars, and LOSING. so I dont see how they can say anything with a straight face.

its just dishearteneing. I came here to look into S65 vs N54 gains over the past years to help decide which to buy, and the M3 has well surpassed it in the results field, unless you're racing dyno's of course. But the real world

Anyone that wants to refute this, post some links to Insta or youtube showing me strong N54's, actually being strong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You want proof that he drives his car around on the street and has fun with it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KevinC39 Click here to enlarge
    Ha. I though the same thing. Such an odd response to that post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol, do you want me to be recording my everyday drives and run-ins with people? Maybe a Facebook Live stream? Click here to enlarge

Since you claimed to have gone to my "page" and found nothing (which you obviously lied about because I have a whole section of racing videos) here is my car at a 1/2 mile event. Stock turbos vs. tons of cars. 250k+ views.

Or any of these videos from track/street:

You're just trying to stir the pot...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KevinC39 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who rolls up on me has always been left surprised. .
    proof, because his youtube shows a lot of losses to nearly stock cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol, do you want me to be recording my everyday drives and run-ins with people? Maybe a Facebook Live stream? Click here to enlarge

Since you claimed to have gone to my "page" and found nothing (which you obviously lied about because I have a whole section of racing videos) here is my car at a 1/2 mile event. Stock turbos vs. tons of cars. 250k+ views.

Or any of these videos from track/street:

You're just trying to stir the pot...
    how crazy you lost to some of the slowest cars out there while im asking for performance from the cars pushing past stock turbo power.. i know i know, stiring the pot asking for realistic justifications to all that HP the dynos show

you could have just summed it up.

I lost to an R6,3 mustangs, a viper, another 335, a pontiac, a Z4,a neon

but hey, i can beat golf's, cavaliers, a volvo and a bunch of other stock ricers.. and only if they are or nearly stock. once they put the same $$ i have into my car, they beat me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I posted all the time when I did events. But I'm stock turbo, still turned 149mph in the 1/2mile nfz AZ.

2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Inline Walbro|VRSF 7"|Inlets|
    1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
    2001|Chevrolet Camaro| T56 LS1| Bolt-ons| -Sold
    -I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 7plagues Click here to enlarge
    I posted all the time when I did events. But I'm stock turbo, still turned 149mph in the 1/2mile nfz AZ.
    Thank you, im looking for the big power n54s however. I guess they only exist on dyno's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how crazy you lost to some of the slowest cars out there while im asking for performance from the cars pushing past stock turbo power.. i know i know, stiring the pot asking for realistic justifications to all that HP the dynos show

you could have just summed it up.

I lost to an R6,3 mustangs, a viper, another 335, a pontiac, a Z4,a neon

but hey, i can beat golf's, cavaliers, a volvo and a bunch of other stock ricers.. and only if they are or nearly stock. once they put the same $$ i have into my car, they beat me
    Lol, my only loss was to the R6 and heavily modded 335i... maybe the single turbo Z4. Built motor, big turbo Neon got gapped (vid was from inside his car). Beat the ACR Viper and two modded GT500s. Also edged out a twin turbo G8. The Volvo is LS swapped with heads, cam, etc and weighs 2800lbs. None of these cars are slow by any means, and I was only at 450whp/500wtq with bolt-ons.

I'll be sure to get some updated videos this year, just for you bby. If you find yourself near Wisconsin, I'd love to line up against whatever you have Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lol, my only loss was to the R6 and heavily modded 335i... maybe the single turbo Z4. Built motor, big turbo Neon got gapped (vid was from inside his car). Beat the ACR Viper and two modded GT500s. Also edged out a twin turbo G8. The Volvo is LS swapped with heads, cam, etc and weighs 2800lbs. None of these cars are slow by any means, and I was only at 450whp/500wtq with bolt-ons.

I'll be sure to get some updated videos this year, just for you bby. If you find yourself near Wisconsin, I'd love to line up against whatever you have Click here to enlarge

You
    A: lost to cars that trap under 130mph
    B: still on stock turbo's

so in essence, nobody cares. if i asked how fast FBO stock turbo N54s are, id go back to 2009-2014 and watch videos. Im not. Im saying where are the big power cars at. Thanks for trying. go race some stock cars again to "surprise" them with how close you come to ALMOST beating them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1 car, from 2016, and sold weeks after.. gee, almost proves my point

nope, neither of those cars are as claimed. if you dont even chirp tires with 800 whp and 235 tires.. somebody is lying.. thanks again. Im guessing its the guy that says 800hp with pump+meth on a 6266, and the built motor gtr that couldnt beat him lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry and Tony have some fast N54’s.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast