Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: DCT FTW

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    DCT FTW

    News just to hand
    @Jayamona@motiv has managed to find and alter some of the tables in the N54 DME and essentially N54 DCTs will soon have launch control with user selectable launch RPMs. Other platforms on MHD as well (yes you poor deprived N55ers) It will be out before the north American summer i hope with other “goodies”.

    Next One particularly savvy tuner @PureEvilN54 has divulged how to set the ignition tables in the DME to provide anti lag (this has been seen here before its just that hes shared it with others

    Another great development is that we now know that we can flash M3 GTS software to N54 DCTs. You need the GWS unit and some flashing and coding
    This means we can change shift severity on the fly because drivelogic works(you need the button) You lose launch control but you gain another thing and that is if you use the M3 ZB file you can also use any M3 final drive ratio.

    DCTs will soon be the fastest n54s...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Points
    1,404.1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    About time. This is what the N54 has been missing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't @PureEvilN54 already doing this?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    48
    Rep Points
    108.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't @PureEvilN54 already doing this?

    this is a bit different. This version is a DME adjustable LC. Mine is a drag flash solution that can work any LC and is built into the main flash. It’s raw and is considered a drag only flash since drivibility would be affected. I believe they are working to take the anti lag out of the main tables so we can build boost on LC without affecting drivability.

    If they can do it, it would be a better solution for the platform in the long term than what I was offering as the flash wouldn’t have to be changed for drag racing/launching etc


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Points
    1,881.0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't @PureEvilN54 already doing this?
    No one could adjust the launch RPM without flashing the TCU previously. Only options were 5500rpm stock, and 3600rpm with the N55 135 DCT TCU flash.

    I rewrote the handler on the DME to be able to set it to whatever the user wants, no TCU flash required. Proper timing, fuel, and boost set point control for launch mode will be next, without having to hack it into the main tables.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Jake. Next question is when. How’s the encryption coming ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    This is 4k:


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    No one could adjust the launch RPM without flashing the TCU previously. Only options were 5500rpm stock, and 3600rpm with the N55 135 DCT TCU flash.

    I rewrote the handler on the DME to be able to set it to whatever the user wants, no TCU flash required. Proper timing, fuel, and boost set point control for launch mode will be next, without having to hack it into the main tables.
    Excellent!

    Now we should finally see the 1/4 mile times come down.

    This was the answer all along. Not auto swaps or upgrades that don't even work.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PureEvilN54 Click here to enlarge
    this is a bit different. This version is a DME adjustable LC. Mine is a drag flash solution that can work any LC and is built into the main flash. It’s raw and is considered a drag only flash since drivibility would be affected. I believe they are working to take the anti lag out of the main tables so we can build boost on LC without affecting drivability.

    If they can do it, it would be a better solution for the platform in the long term than what I was offering as the flash wouldn’t have to be changed for drag racing/launching etc
    You put your response inside the quote tags so just quoting it to make it clear.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Adjustable LC. Very cool. A big want on the dcts. Just hope I don't break something using it too often.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    So adjustable LC (via cruise control stalk m3 style) has just worked on a 335is without any further work
    Game On!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    So adjustable LC (via cruise control stalk m3 style) has just worked on a 335is without any further work
    Game On!
    On the fly control would be amazing.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Points
    1,881.0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    On the fly control would be amazing.
    Using the M3 GWS it still only gives a limited adjustment range, something like 500rpm

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    Using the M3 GWS it still only gives a limited adjustment range, something like 500rpm
    The standard M3 window is larger so wouldn't that make more sense to use?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Points
    1,881.0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The standard M3 window is larger so wouldn't that make more sense to use?
    Not sure, but it won't be needed. No M3 allows 1-8160rpm adjustability Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132,516
    Rep Points
    38,566.0
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    Not sure, but it won't be needed. No M3 allows 1-8160rpm adjustability Click here to enlarge
    That's true.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    Using the M3 GWS it still only gives a limited adjustment range, something like 500rpm
    Oh ok.

    Forgive my ignorance as I've only read this thread.

    With your option do I just set an LC value when I flash the car?

    Do I need to make hardware changes to the car?

    thanks
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Points
    1,881.0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    With your option do I just set an LC value when I flash the car?

    Do I need to make hardware changes to the car?
    You are correct. It will be set in a new table on the flash side, no hardware changes required.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    You are correct. It will be set in a new table on the flash side, no hardware changes required.
    That is very cool.

    I've been reading Dyezaks physical mod from a 335is transmission to an M car one. It's nice but quite a bit of work and coding so a flash solution is awesome. I'd only rarely use LC. On the drag strip and that's about it.

    I reflashed my TCU to the 135is one with 3500-3600 rpm LC and when I used it the car just bogged. Too much traction that day. On other days the car has launched and then the tyres have just spun up. I was going nowhere fast. So on the day it bogged, upping that to 4000 rpm would have been useful.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The advantage of the m3 shifter and launch is that you totally disable DSC. You can also run a shorter diff.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    The advantage of the m3 shifter and launch is that you totally disable DSC. You can also run a shorter diff.
    With the amount of torque the GC turbos generate and how quickly they make it on meth the thought of dsc fully off is not necessarily completely positive, for me Click here to enlarge
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Points
    1,881.0
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    The advantage of the m3 shifter and launch is that you totally disable DSC. You can also run a shorter diff.
    I can remove the DSC requirement as well. As for the FD change, yea the M3 TCU software lets you run the 3.15. I may be able to work around that in the DME as well, unsure though.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    That’d be awesome Jake. Exciting times for sure. I’m more of a circuit guy so the thing that interests me the most is the 90ms shifts from the GTS DCT calibration. I’m slowly building up a cache of m3 stuff to get it the way I want. Adjusting shift severity on the fly is awesome. Not many people will want that but for me....

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aus335iGuy Click here to enlarge
    That’d be awesome Jake. Exciting times for sure. I’m more of a circuit guy so the thing that interests me the most is the 90ms shifts from the GTS DCT calibration. I’m slowly building up a cache of m3 stuff to get it the way I want. Adjusting shift severity on the fly is awesome. Not many people will want that but for me....
    Roughly what is the shift time on our dct?
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    282.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    I dont think anyone really knows what it is on a 335. From what people have said about the m3 GTS shift feel its “like a gorilla kicking you in the back” compared to normal. Fast car and a massage eh? What a combo !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •