Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Burying the hatchet with VTT

I've been away from the computer for a bit enjoying the olympics and was pleasantly surprised to see Tony reaching out with an e-mail in my inbox.

I'll skip the particulars but I think there is a possibility of mending fences.

Ultimately, the decision is based on what is best for the forum and its members. That means you guys.

Do I want all products available here? Yes. I do. I want you to have the ability to choose from a bevvy of tuning products with great support and advertising available.

I'm in this to have the best forum and site for you guys. I'm not in this to hug every vendor and sing kumbaya with them but I can certainly be respectful.

I can be a professional and so can the vendors here. There certainly have been ups and downs.

I'm not just making a unilateral decision but informing the community as it can be a delicate ecosystem and I prefer to inform you of what is going on as after all, the users make the forum.

I reached out to @Terry@BMS about this issue and resolving it so everyone is satisfied. Terry is doing business with VTT and some interesting things which I think you would all want to see, right?

Let's see what BimmerBoost users have to say and if we can be above a mob mentality and forgive. I'm not going to say I am without blame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think it’s beneficial to have all major vendors represented - VTT is certainly one of those. One small piece of advice for Tony (and I’ve been there too): There is a lot of passive-aggressive posts made that Tony bites on. He’d be a lot better off if he just ignored them. My $0.02.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I think it’s beneficial to have all major vendors represented
    I agree strongly with this.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    There is a lot of passive-aggressive posts made that Tony bites on. He’d be a lot better off if he just ignored them
    And this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hey man itís your rollercoaster, Iím just along for the ride lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ninjacoupe Click here to enlarge
    Hey man it’s your rollercoaster, I’m just along for the ride lol
    But you got on willingly and you should at least know where the ride is headed.

You never quite know what BimmerBoost will bring you each day, eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tony typically gets back "passive aggressive posts" at a rate of 1:20, so not too bad really. Lets all welcome back the bamboozler extraordinaire, alas the circus sideshow who is good for ratings.Click here to enlarge

Rob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But you got on willingly and you should at least know where the ride is headed.

You never quite know what BimmerBoost will bring you each day, eh?

I like roller coasters. I don’t think you have to worry about the community. I think we all look at the drama as entertaining for the most part. It’s the vendor to vendor hostility, bashing and disrespect that can sometimes destroy what would have been an otherwise pretty informative thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm all for it. Tony can go off the rails sometimes but makes good products and more importantly makes the forum more fun. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm all for it. Tony can go off the rails sometimes but makes good products and more importantly makes the forum more fun. Click here to enlarge
    I actually agree to some extent, it is kind of like when you said you miss shiv lol.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tony is OG and I like his ideas and innovations, plus he puts out good data.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd vote definitely letting him back, it's good to see all vendors sharing their work. The back and forth banter is usually pretty entertaining to me as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm not surprised to see this - VTT is no longer on the "other" forum. I think you're going to see this continue to happen for a while - back and forth between forums at every mood swing. I think VTT definitely has great stuff to offer, but Chris just needs to put a proxy on Tony's computer and edit the things that are rage-y and over the top. Granted, being over the top is how Tony is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2367 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by langsbr Click here to enlarge
    I think you're going to see this continue to happen for a while - back and forth between forums at every mood swing.
    Honestly, I don't think so.

I think everyone realizes at this point money is moving away from the N54 into the more modern BMW platforms as well as other makes.

Pure Turbos has it down with how they are offering upgrades for the M177/M178, M838T, and their N63/S63 V8.

Weistec is expanding from AMG into McLaren and BMW.

APR is going to work with Dinan.

BMS is moving into Infiniti and Ford.

VTT is going to move into the S55 and B58 sectors.

There is only one forum network that can accomodate all of these company portfolios under one roof and has them all on board professionally with over half a decade of a successful track record.

Any idiot can put up a forum. Only a handful of people can be profitable and make it through the long haul.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm not surprised to see this - VTT is no longer on the "other" forum.
    A coincidence? I think not. Not having access to any of the forums can't be good for business.

But as others have stated, hard to argue with some of their results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chadillac2000 Click here to enlarge
    A coincidence? I think not. Not having access to any of the forums can't be good for business.

But as others have stated, hard to argue with some of their results.
    If you're Tony it probably is better for business....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So months spent with the forum bashing him, chinese turbos, dyno manipulation, etc., and then he offers some money so he's back? Here we go again. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMS is moving into Infiniti and Ford.
    We have ~10 employees now and can certainly walk and chew gum at the same time by covering multiple platforms. Ando just leased a Civic turbo too lol.

It's true the N54 itself isn't as profitable as it once was to develop parts for but overall turbo BMW tuning is and will remain the majority of our tuning business.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, you haven't seen an increase in N54 based sales with the lowering of resale and introduction of new customers? Granted, it's hard to justify an $8K turbo kit on a $6K car, but there seems to be a large number of people doing upgraded turbos lately, be it ST or hybrids. Or is there simply more competition and less margin now as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm not surprised to see this - VTT is no longer on the "other" forum. I think you're going to see this continue to happen for a while - back and forth between forums at every mood swing. I think VTT definitely has great stuff to offer, but Chris just needs to put a proxy on Tony's computer and edit the things that are rage-y and over the top. Granted, being over the top is how Tony is.
    BINGO!!! This is the only reason that he's trying to come back. The admin on the other site really thought Tony left here because of Joe but now he see's for himself what a pain in the ass Tony is for a forum. I personally say F him. Its karmatic (if that's a word) that he now finds himself stuck without a forum home after all the BS and drama he posts on forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Reminds me of that scene from An Officer and a Gentleman lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)

Terry, you haven't seen an increase in N54 based sales with the lowering of resale and introduction of new customers? Granted, it's hard to justify an $8K turbo kit on a $6K car, but there seems to be a large number of people doing upgraded turbos lately, be it ST or hybrids. Or is there simply more competition and less margin now as well?
    We sell a ton of N54 stuff but the cars are super cheap, the customers are cheaper, and lots of companies now just copy parts and trying to undercut prices, etc. It's just become a death spiral to the bottom of the barrel. Great for selling cheap already developed parts, or software based products (like the JB4 or MHD flash maps), but not so great for new product development/investment unless it's something really unique that can't be copied.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Given infinately adjustable launch control, m3 GTS flash with drivelogic with m3 final drive ratios as well as antilag was announced on DCT today ...Iíd say the n54 DCT is about to have a bit of a Renaissance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd prefer to see him on here.

Speaking from China, I just wish I'd have found a way to make a living doing quality control on Chinese manufacturing for the US aftermarket...it would have been a good local gig for me :-). Just not enough money in it to make a full time living though. So back to Folsom I go now that the Chinese New Year festivities are about over for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 Bring VTT back....if you can get past his "unorthodox" style, he does bring insight and innovation to the platform....I saw they have a single turbo in the works now too....
    You can't deny the entertainment factor either....Sticky you gotta take one for the team!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nikitino25 Click here to enlarge
    +1 Bring VTT back....if you can get past his "unorthodox" style, he does bring insight and innovation to the platform....I saw they have a single turbo in the works now too....
    You can't deny the entertainment factor either....Sticky you gotta take one for the team!
    It's not about me. It's what you guys want and if the vendors are comfortable with it. I'd take on a million vendors that drove me nuts if it meant you had the products you wanted here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast