Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Introduction and my 2008 SL65 AMG

Hi everyone my names Matt and I picked up my 2008 SL65 AMG back in June of 2017. She was a one owner car and the original owner was very anal retentive she was serviced exclusively at Mercedes Benz of Anaheim. This is my first Mercedes Benz but by no means my first sports car. I sold my 1989 R32 Nissan Skyline to pick her up and could not be more pleased with the decision.

After enjoying her for the past 8 months I decided to see what a tune would do. I love in Denver, Colorado so Kleemann seemed like the perfect choice since they are local to me. A quick run down to the Springs this morning and after a 2 hour visit I couldnít be more pleased with the results!

Dyno Results

I look forward to learning a lot from all of the knowledgeable people here and hopefully being able to become an active member of the community.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi Matt, welcome.

First of all, beautiful car. I have considerable experience with the R230 and it is just a fantastic SL.

The SL65 in particular is a gigantic bargain in the automotive world. I'm surprised more people don't recognize it.

What type of Dyno was that used in your video?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I know just what you mean I could not believe how reasonably priced, in comparison to original MSRP my car was especially considering the overall condition of the car. The capabilities of the SL65 continue to blow me away every time i get behind the wheel, that and you just feel classy as all get out anytime your in or around it! Lol.

I knew i should have written down the make of the Dyno because it was one I had not heard of before I do remember that it was manufactured in Denmark where Kleemann is HQ’d out of. In the past all of my cars that I have had tuned were AWD so this my first time actually having a car on a two wheel Dyno.

matt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1badtt Click here to enlarge
    I knew i should have written down the make of the Dyno because it was one I had not heard of before I do remember that it was manufactured in Denmark where Kleemann is HQ’d out of. In the past all of my cars that I have had tuned were AWD so this my first time actually having a car on a two wheel Dyno.
    If you can find out, I'd appreciate it. I have no idea how to read it in context with other dynos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is an actual pic of the full Dyno sheet. I just talked with my buddy that was there with me and his memory is apparently better than mine. Lol The Dyno used was manufact by Dynomet.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1badtt Click here to enlarge
    Lol The Dyno used was manufact by Dynomet.
    Thanks for posting the sheet.

I'm surprised Kleeman isn't using something like a Dynojet or Mustang in the USA but hey gains are gains regardless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I’m not sure why either, Cory at Kleemann told me that the results seen on the Dynomet are very similar to Dynojet based on previous customers that have ran their cars on both. I have a buddy in Denver that has a Dynojet at his shop CarZ Performance (place that did all the tuning on my Skyline) so I may swing by his shop when they have some downtime and see if I can get a comparison run or two in. I will say that based on the old reliable seat of the pants Dyno that I am very pleased with the results. So much more power across the whole Power and! Smiles per hour are way up too! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2377 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I forgot to put this in the M275 section.