Close

Thread: My 2012 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My 2012 M3

So I traded in my 2013 M3 on my 911 18 months ago and Iíve missed it ever since. My 911 is about a good as it gets for a driving experience, however itís just different. So i went on the hunt and found a very nice 2012 E92 DCT with 30,000 miles on it. Itís space gray with fox red interior. It has every option on it except upgraded sound. The only thing I really cared about was ZCP/CF roof/DCT. My first M3 was a manual, but I like the PDK so much I decided to go DCT. The car was in Maryland (Front plate state which sucks) so I flew up there and drove it back to Tampa. I took an extra day and hit all the cool roads on the way back, The Rattler, Tail of the Dragon, etc. I thought the mountain roads through VA and Tenn getting there were better as you can haul ass and no police.

The original owner put on a Challenge Sport X-pipe and I had a brand new Dinan rear in my garage I never installed on my old car so that went on right away. It sounds killer. Then I bought an AA Stg 2 SC kit (I went with the stage 2 because itís 3k more for stg 3 and the only difference is the pulley, meth kit,and tune. They are working on an E85 tune, so when thatís done I will upgrade the pulley and run E85 and go for that 650-700 wheel number) I also bought the BE bearings/bolts and vibra tech engine mounts which are being installed today. We are going to put 2-300 miles on it, change the oil and then Iím taking it to the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event on Sunday. I bought one of those Dragyís so Iím very interested in getting the numbers. Here a some pics.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice! I think I would enjoy this car if I had it. Maybe I will start looking around for a 4 door to do the same thing for the wifey ( really for me).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///MPOSTER Click here to enlarge
    Very nice! I think I would enjoy this car if I had it. Maybe I will start looking around for a 4 door to do the same thing for the wifey ( really for me).
    Thanks man! Yeah they are fun. The blower on the S65 is a blast. I wish I would have installed one when I had my first car.
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice!!! I guess you would leave the 911 as is then? I would.....

What did you miss? The engine note? The speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Very nice!!! I guess you would leave the 911 as is then? I would.....

What did you miss? The engine note? The speed?
    Thanks man! Yeah its just the whole driving experience, the sound, that linear pull, looking out and seeing that bump in the hood, its just fun. Especially with a good sounding loud ass exhaust on it. The SC takes it to a whole other level, especially my AA kit with those BOV's screaming. Not a car I would take a date out in, but awesome for what it is. It just takes me back to the cars I drove as a teenager in the 80's. The only downside is i forgot how high you sit in it. When I jumped in it to drive it back to Florida I felt like I was sitting in a booster seat.

Not sure on the 911, if COBB would come out with a flash I would get it in a second. After that I would have to really think about it. I don't want to get to the point of no return yet. Not sure if I want to upgrade to a GTS and I really want to see what the 992 brings to the table. Of course that could all change when I see what Stickys car does with those turbos........
    2017 Porsche 911
    2017 Evoque
    2012 E92 M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finding back what makes you a happy driver...respect!

Yeah, all eyes on @Sticky now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2396 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First of all, congrats on the car. The AA kit is awesome and there is nothing quite like a blown S65 V8. The E92 M3 will go down as one of the greats if not the greatest M3 of all time.

The question here is, which do you prefer? The M3 or the 911?

I look forward to answering this one myself soon.