Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chrisneil Click here to enlarge
    That ok? Does that suit your forum?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fredcase Click here to enlarge
    So, multiple people, across multiple forums all took time to start accounts just to leave feedback without being asked by doug?

Something smells fishy af.

Because something is fishy AF.
    N54 ACF 6466 Meth MOTIV / E70 #1 JBD / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There may be an incentive for doing so. Didnt VTT do that before too? A refund based on dyno results, etc?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don’t think he offered any incentive as far as discount of the turbo but did say something as to reimbursement of the dyno info.

As for VTT I think everyone said that his incentive for discount upfront was “illegal” or “frowned upon” as the buyers are biased . Anyway, even his bounty rewards for videos or dynos seemed like over kill. Why not just throw some t-shirts or gear their way if the product is legit good and the review is good. It would probably be better to have the business owner find you and do something you weren’t expecting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Because something is fishy AF.
    It's a big conspiracy, I'm really a underground Frankenturbo employee trying disguise myself as Chris Neil, lol hahaha , relax man , just a review. No one forcing anyone to read $#@!
    Last edited by Chrisneil; 01-20-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Misspellings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm really a underground Frankenturbo employee
    You almost had me there but Frankenturbo doesn't have any employees.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a big conspiracy, I'm really a underground Frankenturbo employee trying disguise myself as Chris Neil, lol hahaha , relax man , just a review. No one forcing anyone to read $#@!
    I know this is going to sound like a jerk, but I’m honestly curious - you’re clearly savvy when it comes to forums, what caused you to ignore the 10:1 ratio of bad Frankenturbo reviews/impressions to good ones and still go with his solution given the glut of other good options? I get when people aren’t on forums and don’t see the reviews, but there has to be another reason for you given I’m sure you’ve read them before.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I know this is going to sound like a jerk, but I’m honestly curious - you’re clearly savvy when it comes to forums, what caused you to ignore the 10:1 ratio of bad Frankenturbo reviews/impressions to good ones and still go with his solution given the glut of other good options? I get when people aren’t on forums and don’t see the reviews, but there has to be another reason for you given I’m sure you’ve read them before.

-Rich
    I don't post often but I've been a part of the 335i community for the last 4 years and a somewhat active user of this forum over the last year or two (even played a little fantasy football). I'll be one of Doug's upcoming beta testers and I'm genuinely curious to see how the product performs under all conditions. I could care less whether the product is built in China, Canada, or Iran as long as the vendor/OEM that backs the product has good communication and they are open about any issues. My initial experience has been positive and I'm hopeful that things will continue in this manner.

Doug has introduced a product to the market in "alpha" phase which has its benefits and disadvantages. All OEM's will experience problems which drive optimized solutions throughout the R&D of a product until it is released to production. I haven't seen Frankenturbo announce an official production release and any failures are all part of the R&D game (in any industry!).

I intend to install, get results, gather data, and share my experience whether negative or positive to give all platform users useful information. My decision to purchase "untested/beta" turbos was based upon Doug's direct responses to me and other users who have had direct contact with him. Until you have tried a product without the negative influence of others, can you really judge it?

I look forward to posting data is ~2 months or less and perhaps even offering a video series of my experience.

If you have any questions regarding my upcoming build or want to know more, please feel free to PM me or ask away.

-Greg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Acegp1 Click here to enlarge
    I don't post often but I've been a part of the 335i community for the last 4 years and a somewhat active user of this forum over the last year or two (even played a little fantasy football). I'll be one of Doug's upcoming beta testers and I'm genuinely curious to see how the product performs under all conditions. I could care less whether the product is built in China, Canada, or Iran as long as the vendor/OEM that backs the product has good communication and they are open about any issues. My initial experience has been positive and I'm hopeful that things will continue in this manner.

Doug has introduced a product to the market in "alpha" phase which has its benefits and disadvantages. All OEM's will experience problems which drive optimized solutions throughout the R&D of a product until it is released to production. I haven't seen Frankenturbo announce an official production release and any failures are all part of the R&D game (in any industry!).

I intend to install, get results, gather data, and share my experience whether negative or positive to give all platform users useful information. My decision to purchase "untested/beta" turbos was based upon Doug's direct responses to me and other users who have had direct contact with him. Until you have tried a product without the negative influence of others, can you really judge it?

I look forward to posting data is ~2 months or less and perhaps even offering a video series of my experience.

If you have any questions regarding my upcoming build or want to know more, please feel free to PM me or ask away.

-Greg
    I appreciate the response and you’re clearly an intelligent person, but you didn’t answer my question. You can get everything you already mentioned from a company like Pure. Great responsewith a quality, PROVEN, product. So are you going down this path because FT is in your backyard, significantly lower price, you think they’ll put out another 100whp, they have an innovative solution to simplify install, something else? That’s what I’m trying to understand. Why are you taking the plunge to be a beta tester?

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate the response and youíre clearly an intelligent person, but you didnít answer my question. You can get everything you already mentioned from a company like Pure. Great responsewith a quality, PROVEN, product. So are you going down this path because FT is in your backyard, significantly lower price, you think theyíll put out another 100whp, they have an innovative solution to simplify install, something else? Thatís what Iím trying to understand. Why are you taking the plunge to be a beta tester?

-Rich
    Rich you have a great point and the question you are asking IS the million dollar question (why do consumers buy?).

I've followed VTT, Pure, Hexon, RB and others but what drew me to FT was the value and response. The value is yet to be proven but the communication has been great. I'm sure other vendors have both but I like to help on the R&D front (it's my day to day job) and I think if this product proves successful it will continue to drive the platform.

I've seen the bad reviews, YouTube videos, and forum posts but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Bad press gets more coverage than good press and I'm doing my best to weed it all out.

At the end of the day, the raw data will matter most, I just want to be on the winning side of things (but who knows?)

-Greg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Acegp1 Click here to enlarge
    Rich you have a great point and the question you are asking IS the million dollar question (why do consumers buy?).

I've followed VTT, Pure, Hexon, RB and others but what drew me to FT was the value and response. The value is yet to be proven but the communication has been great. I'm sure other vendors have both but I like to help on the R&D front (it's my day to day job) and I think if this product proves successful it will continue to drive the platform.

I've seen the bad reviews, YouTube videos, and forum posts but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Bad press gets more coverage than good press and I'm doing my best to weed it all out.

At the end of the day, the raw data will matter most, I just want to be on the winning side of things (but who knows?)

-Greg
    Click here to enlarge Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing your results.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, can't wait to see.
    2011 335is DCT, looking for new car friends in Italy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the value aspect? A couple hundred bucks over already proven upgrades from proven companies with 100's of thousands of miles on them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is the value aspect? A couple hundred bucks over already proven upgrades from proven companies with 100's of thousands of miles on them?

Hehe. I just wasted a good two hours composing a point by point answer to your question, only to find myself barred from posting supporting documentation. So I guess all I can do is turn around the question towards you: What's the value in this user forum? To stop me and my business? That isn't going to happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo Click here to enlarge
    Hehe. I just wasted a good two hours composing a point by point answer to your question, only to find myself barred from posting supporting documentation.
    Barred? You aren't barred. Open up an account like a professional business and post as much as you want to about your product.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo Click here to enlarge
    What's the value in this user forum? To stop me and my business? That isn't going to happen.
    Doug, do you really think I wake up and ask myself how can I stop Frankenturbo today?

Last I checked the thread on your tester is open and your tester is posting freely.

If you don't want to follow the rules, well, that's on you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doug had data to show us and we didn't get to see it? Not cool bimmerboost, not cool at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostE92d Click here to enlarge
    Doug had data to show us and we didn't get to see it? Not cool bimmerboost, not cool at all.
    I can make you bunch of worthless pie charts if it makes you feel better.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel better already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not let the man post and defend his product?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because he's not paying to. :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TEC Click here to enlarge
    Why not let the man post and defend his product?
    I don't see anybody stopping him from posting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So... the FrankenTurbo journal bearings:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I can make you bunch of worthless pie charts if it makes you feel better.

https://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/...eChart14-1.jpg
    That reminds me of one of the most sarcy bastards I've ever come across online.

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Felix11 Click here to enlarge
    That reminds me of one of the most sarcy bastards I've ever come across online.

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html
    Always liked his style. Some great laugh out loud stuff on that site.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast