Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What XHP TCU transmission tuning software really is

Trevor posted an update regarding the BB app and I just want to bring something to everyone's attention. He wouldn't make this thread and I don't expect him to as any heat can be directed directly at me.

I just want transparency and honesty and what we have received thus far is not that.

Guys, you're being milked for transmission tuning which is just free factory software ported to mobile. That's fine. But it's not some giant breakthrough or whatever.

This is all it is:

I have looked at how one of the transmission tuning applications are able to modify the files and authenticate them to the TCU. I have found that EDIABAS object files - a community free tool is being utilized to flash the transmissions on BMW's. After reviewing that and seeing ways that other actual tuning platforms are flashing their transmissions I have found a way that doesn't limit the tuning capabilities of the transmissions as it does by utilizing a BMW Standard tool like Ediabas files. This won't be an all in one inclusive application to cure all, just as a few others have stated, but it will assist people in tuning their vehicles for the hardware upgrades that they make. I will post more updates as I am able to further work on the application in the coming weeks.
    The bottom line is the BB app will let you do what XHP does and more. Without bending your over for it.

This is also why some people behind the scenes are worried. Not my problem. Time marches on and you deserve to know what you're flashing your car with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dude regardless of what other people are doing dont lower yourself to throwing mud. Im excited to see what BBflash will do for my DCT especially and I bet that once its out it will be “THE TOOL” to have.
    ill be throwing some dollars at Trev when i can as well. The guy deserves it. Props to you as well. I dont allways agree with things you say but this is a good thing that youre doing here.

Consider porting it to mobile is my suggestion. It’s a product that the market is crying out for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just sharing the facts. No mud, no BS.

Everyone should know what they're doing to their car and what they're using.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So this is coming out soon then?

lol
    just kidding. I know it's never coming out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iminhell1 Click here to enlarge
    So this is coming out soon then?

lol
    just kidding. I know it's never coming out.
    Whether it comes out or not it really has nothing to do with what XHP actually is which is the topic.

Not sure why you take a negative stance on something you'll likely want to use anyway...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So if XHP is just a simple port of BMW standard tools to mobile...
    Why isn't everybody flashing custm TCU tunes with a PC instead of complaining how bad the Alpona shift points suck?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by impuls Click here to enlarge
    Why isn't everybody flashing custm TCU tunes with a PC i
    Some people are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe some people could share some more pointers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe some people could share some more pointers?
    Unfortunately those guys tend to clam up and one guy with the PC program XHP is based on won't share it specifically so people keep paying for XHP.

All I can say is wait patiently for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So, $120 is bending pending people over for a mobile way of Flashing your Vehicles TCM however many times you want? all while giving you a way to flash your own custom TCM tune files?

I'm sorry I'm not seeing an issue here.
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    So, $120 is bending pending people over for a mobile way of Flashing your Vehicles TCM however many times you want? all while giving you a way to flash your own custom TCM tune files?

I'm sorry I'm not seeing an issue here.
    If you feel it is priced reasonably that's absolutely fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So if XHP is just a simple port of BMW standard tools to mobile...
    Why isn't everybody flashing custm TCU tunes with a PC instead of complaining how bad the Alpona shift points suck?
    It's due to the logging side of the trans stuff. You have to log with edibas (I think thats correct). and most of us aren't good at that.

But here is a fairly informative thread on the trans tuning side --> http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...immerBoost-com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why do you believe that you have to log with Ediabas? Martial doesn't utilize Ediabas for logging... Do a rather easy Google search for BMW ZF transmission tuning... Just select the oldest link to another forum and you will see the multitude of pages from its origins to completion. Some people, with the experience, are able to modify tables within the factory binary file and upload them via WINKFP. Honestly, this isn't something new, it's been done for the past several years... Most people wouldn't go this route mainly due to the fact that if you mess up a flash with WINKFP or the other 'tools' then you could render your car useless... The software with the DATEN files are available on multiple reputable websites if you search for them.

As for the earlier comment regarding the app, @iminhell1 - you, kind sir, can go straight to your username... I will try to ensure that the app will not run from any of your utilized IP Addresses... I haven't seen or had you offer to assist with any portion of the application at all....

Anyways, when reviewing the other site with pages in regards to 'tuning' the transmission you can notice that everything is ran off of a modified version of WINKFP that authorizes the files by way of factory keys...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trevorlee02 Click here to enlarge
    Why do you believe that you have to log with Ediabas? Martial doesn't utilize Ediabas for logging... Do a rather easy Google search for BMW ZF transmission tuning... Just select the oldest link to another forum and you will see the multitude of pages from its origins to completion. Some people, with the experience, are able to modify tables within the factory binary file and upload them via WINKFP. Honestly, this isn't something new, it's been done for the past several years... Most people wouldn't go this route mainly due to the fact that if you mess up a flash with WINKFP or the other 'tools' then you could render your car useless... The software with the DATEN files are available on multiple reputable websites if you search for them.

As for the earlier comment regarding the app, @iminhell1 - you, kind sir, can go straight to your username... I will try to ensure that the app will not run from any of your utilized IP Addresses... I haven't seen or had you offer to assist with any portion of the application at all....

Anyways, when reviewing the other site with pages in regards to 'tuning' the transmission you can notice that everything is ran off of a modified version of WINKFP that authorizes the files by way of factory keys...
    Probably not a good idea to talk down on a project a guy has been working on through various hardships for the good of the community.

He's gone through a hurricane, health issues, a death in the family, blown turbos, etc., and he's still coding in his spare time while supporting his family.

Guys, it's not a team of paid coders in China or India slaving away. Relax. You'll be very happy... unless your IP is banned lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some people, with the experience, are able to modify tables within the factory binary file and upload them via WINKFP. Honestly, this isn't something new, it's been done for the past several years...
    That's it. All it is.

This simple folks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great to see the truth to TCU tuning come to light! From looking in-depth into the transmission BINs, we have barely scratched the surface to what's possible. 2018 is the year of the stock AT! projects like BBoost is what we need!

trevorlee02, I tried to PM you but I don't have any rep yet on this forum lol. Shoot me a message when you get a chance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PM'd and your rep'd now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PM'd and your rep'd now...
    He needs 5 points. If someone can rep him until I get back to the PC I'll triple whatever was given.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    He needs 5 points. If someone can rep him until I get back to the PC I'll triple whatever was given.
    Thanks for the help Sticky! I actually only needed 2 rep to PM him. Mission accomplished! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kervio Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the help Sticky! I actually only needed 2 rep to PM him. Mission accomplished! Click here to enlarge
    Whoops 5 to post links. I blame the cognac.

Enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my case, with an E60 535i SAT, I had no options to upgrade my TCU tuning, prior to XHP.

To my understanding, the ability to flash a TCU with the Alpina flash and a few other TCU tunes existed in the past ... but not for the E60. E60 535i had the red-headed stepchild ZF trans, 6HP21, which along with being mechanically superior to the 6HP19 in the E90, had a different TCU.

I installed XHP Stage 3 around 2 days ago, put about 60 miles on it already, and very pleased with it so far.

I don't think the price is bad, considering the time and headaches this saves for the average owner from trying to tune their own TCU : finding/downloading WINFKP, learning how to use it, finding the tables, doing the forums research, contacting experts, trying different combinations, etc. - all while not hitting a wrong key in WINFKP and bricking the TCU.
    2009 535i Sport
    548 whp/ 489 wtq

Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
    Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LessIsMore Click here to enlarge
    In my case, with an E60 535i SAT, I had no options to upgrade my TCU tuning, prior to XHP.

To my understanding, the ability to flash a TCU with the Alpina flash and a few other TCU tunes existed in the past ... but not for the E60. E60 535i had the red-headed stepchild ZF trans, 6HP21, which along with being mechanically superior to the 6HP19 in the E90, had a different TCU.

I installed XHP Stage 3 around 2 days ago, put about 60 miles on it already, and very pleased with it so far.

You can flash the sports trans flash which is a considerable improvement over stock.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You can flash the sports trans flash which is a considerable improvement over stock.
    For most that is true, but my car was a sport pkg with SAT, so already had it.

Stage 3 XHP is a big improvement of the Sport flash.
    2009 535i Sport
    548 whp/ 489 wtq

Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
    Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Xhp is not just a ported Ediabas tool. It has the ability to allow flashing a non RSA signed file into the TCU. You can't do that with any official BMW tool.

It's a great tool for the price. I've spend a huge amount of time learning how to flash the GKE 211 and GKE 191 without any of those tools. If Xhp supported my gearbox, I would have used that without going through the aggravation.

For the record, my 2007 Z4 with the GKE 211 was traded in two days ago. I'm now learning how to deal with the 7 speed DSG in my E89.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2330 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rahl Click here to enlarge
    You can't do that with any official BMW tool.
    You're right. You have to modify that BMW tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast