Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by T.O. Click here to enlarge
    PC Racing Sway bars, drop links and boots will be here tomorrow. I decided to go with custom color on the brembo’s ( orange shown above ) and sticking with type 3 rotors 380mm front and rear which I’m ordering next week. My current tentative plan is to send the car down to Houston to have everything installed the second week of March. I was told they would need the car for about a week. They’re going to perform the four corner balance and alignment, they also will flush and replace my brake fluid with Castrol SRF Brake Fluid. Steve indicated that the SRF brake fluid is good stuff.
    I like what you're doing. Based on your feedback I'm probably going to copy you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well here's the honest truth. They build racing Porsche cars and also rebuild classic 911s there. However, there are 2 sections: rebuild classic and maintenance/repair. Steve is the manager of the latter one.

From my past experience, Steve will go beyond to make sure you're comfortable with what you purchase including spending additional hours at no charge even they should have quoted more. Our cars is newer model and I believe except for the Turbo S i saw the other day while I was there, we're probably half a dozen .2 that he has worked on (I could be wrong here just based on what I've seen at the shop so far). They have done plenty older 911s of course.

Luis also has modified a few .2 cars, especially the Turbo/S ones. I saw him at Cars and Coffee now and then trying to get the words out and showed up in customers cars (I assume the customers let them). I don't think you could go wrong with either but I don't have any experience w Luis except he sounds like a great guy over the phone and very communicative.

Good luck! I might follow your footsteps on the TPC stuff instead of GT3 parts. I'm getting anxious lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Well here's the honest truth. They build racing Porsche cars and also rebuild classic 911s there. However, there are 2 sections: rebuild classic and maintenance/repair. Steve is the manager of the latter one.

From my past experience, Steve will go beyond to make sure you're comfortable with what you purchase including spending additional hours at no charge even they should have quoted more. Our cars is newer model and I believe except for the Turbo S i saw the other day while I was there, we're probably half a dozen .2 that he has worked on (I could be wrong here just based on what I've seen at the shop so far). They have done plenty older 911s of course.

Luis also has modified a few .2 cars, especially the Turbo/S ones. I saw him at Cars and Coffee now and then trying to get the words out and showed up in customers cars (I assume the customers let them). I don't think you could go wrong with either but I don't have any experience w Luis except he sounds like a great guy over the phone and very communicative.

Good luck! I might follow your footsteps on the TPC stuff instead of GT3 parts. I'm getting anxious lol
    Thanks for the input, I think Steve will be a good guy to go through from our communication at this point. I hate being like this but I admit I'm super picky about my stuff and how it is taken care of. My car does not have a single mark on it and it looks better then the day I brought it home after getting of the truck. So I am nervous about turning it over and not knowing what's happening with it for a week but I have no choice if I want to get this stuff put on. I wish I could come down but I just can't stay for a week.
    I will definitely let you know when It is scheduled to be there and maybe if you have time you could go check on it if you wanted and if you have any spare time.
    also I would definitely recommend talking to the guys at TPC, they are a wealth of knowledge and explain things very well, they are not just trying to sell you parts ! Have them explain their sway bars to you versus GT3's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the input, I think Steve will be a good guy to go through from our communication at this point. I hate being like this but I admit I'm super picky about my stuff and how it is taken care of. My car does not have a single mark on it and it looks better then the day I brought it home after getting of the truck. So I am nervous about turning it over and not knowing what's happening with it for a week but I have no choice if I want to get this stuff put on.
    No worries. I would be worried with who will handle your shipping more than Steve. I left my car there for days before, no issue.

Yeah, I will give TPC a call. I will wait until yours will be done for sure. Thanks again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    TPC parts have arrived and the packaging was done very well. During my conversations with them I wanted to be certain that the right position holes were used on the sway bars that would be the correct set up for my car. You will see in the pictures they premarked the holes for the installers.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! This is moving along quickly.

Looks like you have a nice garage there...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nice! This is moving along quickly.

Looks like you have a nice garage there...
    thanks man, the garage was a fun project and took me about 4 days. The floor is called Swiss Trax flooring and they are a great company to woork with, you just give them yourdimensions and pick your colors and they put everything together for you. floor took me literally an hour to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So here is the real question? When people like us go and put 30k worth of extras into a car like this basically making their own GT3, if a guy down the road wanted to sell the car at some point how the heck can you recoup any of this money? You could never trade the car in the dealer would laugh and tell you they base the trade in off the model of the car you have and they could car less about the extras. Which of course I knew that going into all of this but I’ve never gotten this deep into modding car.
    I have no intentions of getting rid of it at all but I was just wondering what you guys do or what others have done that you have heard of? All this money kinda makes me sick honestly but it’s fun addiction HAHAHA !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no intentions of getting rid of it at all but I was just wondering what you guys do or what others have done that you have heard of? All this money kinda makes me sick honestly but it’s fun addiction HAHAHA !
    I don't consider it an investment. I just make sure to hold onto stock parts when the time comes to move into somethin else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest I love my car more than 991.1 GT3 except for steering feel/handling. Drove it few times. I plan to keep this car for good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest I love my car more than 991.1 GT3 except for steering feel/handling. Drove it few times. I plan to keep this car for good.
    Just need more boost....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. Not too much tho if we cant keep it stick to the road.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. Not too much tho if we cant keep it stick to the road.
    You don't have to turn the wick up all the way for daily driving... nice to know you have plenty of room if you want to though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's even better...Expect some result end of next week?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TPC parts have arrived and the packaging was done very well. During my conversations with them I wanted to be certain that the right position holes were used on the sway bars that would be the correct set up for my car. You will see in the pictures they premarked the holes for the installers.
    Would love to take it for a quick drive if you would let me to see how the diff will be.....Good stuff!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would love to take it for a quick drive if you would let me to see how the diff will be.....Good stuff!!!
    How do those TPC parts compare to the GT3 OEM parts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How do those TPC parts compare to the GT3 OEM parts?
    According to TPC they are wider for a better virticle mounting of the drop links. They are not stamped like the GT3’s and have 5 adjustment points vs. 3 on the GT3’s I also believe they are lighter. I’m definitely excited about your turbo upgrade and that’s something I definitely be looking forward to this next year after recouping a little bit from this event. I definitely plan to go ahead and get our IPD Plenum and Cobb tune when they come out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly brother no offense but I donít know you. Iíd be totally fine with that though if Steve let you go for a ride with him after he completes it in his testing to make sure everything is OK. I wish I was going to be there Iíd be more than happy to sit in the passenger seat and go with you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm struggling to understand something. If the ohlins support pasm why get a module disabling it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm struggling to understand something. If the ohlins support pasm why get a module disabling it?
    I bought the Road & Track series and was told I would have to get this module. Honestly I didn’t know Ohlin’s even made a set that support PASM , I heard about the JRZ’s that do but they are double the cost close to 7k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly brother no offense but I don’t know you. I’d be totally fine with that though if Steve let you go for a ride with him after he completes it in his testing to make sure everything is OK. I wish I was going to be there I’d be more than happy to sit in the passenger seat and go with you!
    Oh i thought you would pick it up....no worries.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I bought the Road & Track series and was told I would have to get this module. Honestly I didn’t know Ohlin’s even made a set that support PASM , I heard about the JRZ’s that do but they are double the cost close to 7k.
    The JRZ's sound awesome but... 7k? That's more than double everyone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Had a few boxes arrive todayClick here to enlarge Pretty excited to say the least. My Brembo BBK has arrived! The packaging is absolutely fantastic and even the boxes are impressive. Iím working on putting the glass coating on the calipers now and then I will box everything back up and it will be ready to ship with the car to have everything installed! The pictures donít even do it justices does not pick up the depth and brighter color and they appear.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is there anything better than new car parts arriving?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    Is there anything better than new car parts arriving?
    Click here to enlarge No, I wish you could see the actual color, they look so dull in these photos.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast