Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Another 991.2 project car !

Hello from Tulsa, Oklahoma
    So about 10 moths ago my ordered 2017 Carrera base came in,
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    with mods on my mind I decided to not order PSE as a had planned for a complete Fabspeed exhaust. I went with PDK, sport Chrono, entry and drive, glass roof and a few other goodies. I actually like the quad tips better the the 2 center pipes, if they where together like the GT3 and not gapped that would be sweet.
    So after ordering the car I began on the research path like a lot of other folks on what I wanted to do with this car. I ordered my Fabspeed exhaust:
    headers
    high flow 200 cell cats
    x-pipe
    black chrome quad tips
    three weeks later:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    while I was waiting on the exhaust to arrive I went and had the silver letters removed on the back of the car and replaced with black lettering I ordered from Suncoast and also changed out the yellow side markers with the clear LED markers.
    I then began a three day process of paint decontamination and full paint correction. It should be noted that when I receive the car from the dealer I specifically asked them not to peel the plastic as I wanted to do everything at home. Not interested in an 18-year-old kid taking it to the back with his rag he just picked up off the sandy floor and wiping the car down.
    Im kind of a detail nut and really follow ( Matt from Obsessed Garage) on Youtube. So once that was complete I took the car to White Glove auto and had the car wrapped in Expel ultimate and all the glass coated with Opti Coat Pro Plus then windows tinted. After picking the car up I took it over to the local speed shop and had all the exhaust put on and BMC F1 air filter installed. Wow I was really impressed with the sound and absolutely no drone in the car at all.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    I know the is terrible to say but as of today I only have put 325 miles on the car and I feel like I have been waiting to really enjoy it until I can complete all the mods that I want to do 🙄
    next on the list I wanted GT3 mirrors with carbon fiber housings so I ordered them from Suncoast, when they arrived they have to be completely assembled so there was about 20 boxes with parts. I took the lower housing to be painted gloss black and once I picked them up the fun task began, removal of the standard mirrors and build the new ones to go on. This was tedious and took about 3hrs from start to finish. Once he figured out you get the first side on the second one is much easier. Here are some photoís of that project:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    i also decided I wanted bigger shifter paddles so I went to Vivid Racing and choose carbon fiber paddles.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    So that brings us up to about 3 months ago when I said, I really want to do some stuff to this car so I. Thought a big change would be wheels and tires. Made some calls and chose to go with HRE. I then got in touch with David at Wheels Botique and decided to go with HRE P101ís in brushed dark clear with the carbon fiber center caps. David asked how aggressive I wanted to go with the offset and asked if I intend to lower the car. Well that got me to thinking what do I do here, so then more research began called some real reputable shops around and of course read on some other forums. It went back and forth between KW V3ís and the Ohlinís R/T.
    okay so I know this is a highly contested issue on here regarding suspension, and I really donít have a budget to do trial and error. I talked with both companies and based on gathered knowledge Ohlinís was going to be the better fit for me as they are a little more compliant on the street and not such stiff spring rates. Those were ordered with the module to disable the pasm. Okay I know Iím about to here from some of the masses how this was a mistake but I just felt I didnít want to just buy springs, I wanted a complete kit.
    here they are:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    back to the wheels and tires, so I told David wanted to Lower the car so he had a mild off set put on the wheels and then I decided I wanted some better tires then the P zeroís so I was pretty set after more discussing with David that I was going to do Michelin PS4S.
    at the last moment as the wheels arrived at Wheels Botique I changed to Michelin sport cup 2ís (this is not a daily driver) and has never seen rain and wonít if I can help it.
    The wheels and tires are supposed to be here on Wednesday and I will post up some picís when they do. Now Iím saying to my self is it ok to lower on just Coilovers or do I need to change a few more things like sway bars and adjustable end links. I contacted a gentleman at Tarett Engenering gave him what my plans were and he said honestly that I would be fine to just do the Coilovers and he aalso said I chose a fantastic kit as that is what he would have remamended. He then said if I wanted to take it to that next level I could go with upgraded GT3 sway bars and adjustable drop links. What do you all think? Not to many companies out there making this stuff and not a lot of options because the car is still pretty new to the market but I hear good things about Tarett so I will likely go with them this week. Am I missing any thing else that I need to be looking at in the suspension area?
    I plan to get all these things installed early this spring and Iím currently looking for a good shop to get it done. I found what I believe is a good place down in Houston Texas and probably would need to trailer the car down there to get it all done. It is a place called Autodynamica and there web site looks good with good equipment skilled installers, anybody have any experience with them? I intend to call them tomorrow.
    I hate driving around the country just not many real good options for good shops around here.
    Probably like everyone else Iím waiting on COBB to release their tune. I spoke to them last week and they are making ground and hoping sometime in the near future to have something out and are working on it daily.
    Next fall the big project will be the Brembo brake kit with 380 mm rotors and 6 piston calipers, yikes thatís going to be as bad as the wheels almost. 4,500 front and about 4,000 rear. After this I think the car will be where I want it! Iím sure some of you are thinking why didnít you just buy a GT3 well I tried but mere mortals canít seem to get them so I set out to see how close I could get to it with a lot less money Click here to enlarge Any way thanks for reading and Iíll keep you all posted!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry guys I have no idea why some of the pic’s turned sideways, they were not dropped in the box that way. I don’t know if it has something to do with my iPad or not and I don’t know how to turn them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome project!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got off the phone with TPC Racing and after a good conversation with them I chose to go with their front & rear sway bar and drop link kit as it has more Adjustability to the kit. The sway bars have five holes of adjustability rather than the GT3’s 3 positions of adjustability also lighter weight. Their drop links are the same as Tarett plus I got the rubber boots. Hopefully with having the 4 corner balance and proper alignment done this should be a good base for a decent set up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Man, you're moving fast.....

I'm planning to do GT3 control arms and sway bars next year. I'm in Houston. Would love to meet up with you when you will be here.

Luis is a very nice guy but I feel like they always want bigger customers (Turbo S, etc.) I could be wrong here.

The shop I use is DriverSource. Hourly rate is a tad cheaper. Steve is very good guy. The reason I'm saying that because no matter how big or small jobs I inquire, he treats me the same, respect and very communicative.

I don't think you could go wrong with either shop.

Congrats on the car and look forward to seeing more projects. I'm slowly working on mine.
    Stock 991.2 C2 Manny. Project build https://www.boostaddict.com/showthre...arrera-project
    DD e90: MHD+JB4 tuned by Trebila.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by T.O. Click here to enlarge
    Sorry guys I have no idea why some of the pic’s turned sideways, they were not dropped in the box that way.
    That's a feature that Sticky is very proud of lol

Just kidding. To avoid sidways, upload pics that were taken in landscape mode, not portrait/holding the phone/tablet up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    That's a feature that Sticky is very proud of lol

Just kidding. To avoid sidways, upload pics that were taken in landscape mode, not portrait/holding the phone/tablet up.
    Gotcha thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, you're moving fast.....

I'm planning to do GT3 control arms and sway bars next year. I'm in Houston. Would love to meet up with you when you will be here.

Luis is a very nice guy but I feel like they always want bigger customers (Turbo S, etc.) I could be wrong here.

The shop I use is DriverSource. Hourly rate is a tad cheaper. Steve is very good guy. The reason I'm saying that because no matter how big or small jobs I inquire, he treats me the same, respect and very communicative.

I don't think you could go wrong with either shop.

Congrats on the car and look forward to seeing more projects. I'm slowly working on mine.
    Yes Luis is the one I spoke to this morning and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. I went over everything with him and what I was looking to do and he said he absolutely would like to have the job and explained exactly how he would do everything! Seem like a comfortable conversation and somebody I could work with, I thought his quote was a little high and I’m hopeful he will work with me slightly on that as I contacted to other shops same caliber and it was about $400 cheaper. I know it was just an over the phone quote and I’m sure he’ll work with me. My plan is the beginning of March, now I just need to figure out how to get it down there. Going to try to find somewhere where I can rent an enclosed trailer and just hall down there and stay for the three days!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wheels have arrived Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hello from Tulsa, Oklahoma
    So about 10 moths ago my ordered 2017 Carrera base came in,
    Awesome! Welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry guys I have no idea why some of the pic’s turned sideways, they were not dropped in the box that way. I don’t know if it has something to do with my iPad or not and I don’t know how to turn them.
    It's this stupid forum software that has trouble understanding portrait and landscape from mobile uploads. I'll get it fixed one day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I plan to get all these things installed early this spring and I’m currently looking for a good shop to get it done.
    How can you just leave all those goodies waiting? Get it on the car!

I know you are waiting for Cobb (we all were) but tunes are out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wheels have arrived
    Man those are beautiful. What size?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got off the phone with TPC Racing and after a good conversation with them I chose to go with their front & rear sway bar and drop link kit as it has more Adjustability to the kit. The sway bars have five holes of adjustability rather than the GT3’s 3 positions of adjustability also lighter weight. Their drop links are the same as Tarett plus I got the rubber boots. Hopefully with having the 4 corner balance and proper alignment done this should be a good base for a decent set up.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much does this swaybar setup cost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How can you just leave all those goodies waiting? Get it on the car!

I know it’s going to suck waiting till the beginning of March, I have to put together a little more funds and have the car sent down there to get everything installed. Hopefully in the next couple weeks square bars and drop links will be here.

I know you are waiting for Cobb (we all were) but tunes are out!
    I don’t want to have to pull the ECU so I’m OK with waiting. They thought it would be spring to early summer anyway!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sticky, it’s going to be about 1400 and that will include sway bars and front drop links. TPC told me the rear drop links are not necessary so there’s no need to spend 1700 for the full kit !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    20’s I wanted 21’s but when I called back to change the order it was too late. I’m Still excited with what I got!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    20’s I wanted 21’s but when I called back to change the order it was too late. I’m Still excited with what I got!
    I debated 20's vs. 21's for quite some time and decided 21's were just too big if I put a premium on performance. Which I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I do agree with you 100% on that! Performances the main objective, looks is a close second.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much lighter than stock wheels do you know?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

HRE rears 22.4 lb on a 20Ē
    HRE fronts 20.4 lb on a 20Ē

Factory Carrera S wheel 20Ē front 24 lb
    rear 28 lb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! If Sticky will get HRE wheels, now that it's 8 lbs lighter, I'm pretty sure he would need couple bricks or something in the frunk lol (He complained in the past that the steering feels weird as no engine upfront).

Can't wait to hear your feedback on sway bars and drop links. Thanks!!! I drove the '15 GT3 and wish that I could have that steering feel! So precised the whole fscking car!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2363 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! If Sticky will get HRE wheels, now that it's 8 lbs lighter, I'm pretty sure he would need couple bricks or something in the frunk lol (He complained in the past that the steering feels weird as no engine upfront).
    I'm going with something different than HRE's this time.

I've gotten used to the handling feel Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thank you to T.O. for bringing me to this website. Looking forward to helping others as well Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast