Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

VTT N54 Crank bolt captures available now!

Want a little extra security your N54 crank bolt wont back out leaving you with 24 bent valves? Here is an easy, and cost effective way to do that. The VTT N54 crank bolt capture. It slips over the head of the crank bolt, fully encapsulates it, and locks it to the crank hub, meaning it cannot back out no matter what.

The VTT-CBC is 100% Billet Aircraft Grade Aluminum, Anodized black to protect it from the elements, and give it a stealth look.

While this is not a full fix for all crank hub spinning issues, we have found most of our issues have stemmed from the bolt itself backing out, and this is a great way to keep that from happening. Extremely light weight at only 1.3 Oz's it adds virtually no weight to the crank which is important for balance, and vibration.

These are in stock, and on the VTT Website for immediate sale. Price is $99 for hub capture, and all 12.9 hardware needed for install. We suggest using blue loc-tite on your crank hub bolts.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-29-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've never heard of anyone having crank hub issues aside from you guys ��

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deen@streetkingimports Click here to enlarge
    It's not as hot of a topic in the N54 world but it's a big deal in the S55 world and I'm guessing Tony applied his solution there to the N54 as it was a logical decision.

Any difference in these capture between the two Tony?
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deen@streetkingimports Click here to enlarge
    Would take a quick search on google or N54 to see that is not the case. There is many reported cases of the N54 bolts backing out. One guy does a full DIY here, and made the first capture. I got his permission before making these. Not a lot of people realize its reasonably common, most people also do not realize the bolt backing out is usually the issue, not the hub spinning. The bolt backs out, and the result is a spun hub.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not as hot of a topic in the N54 world but it's a big deal in the S55 world and I'm guessing Tony applied his solution there to the N54 as it was a logical decision.

Any difference in these capture between the two Tony?
    Captures are exactly same concept, but took two completely different designs. S55 had to be completely different height, inner Diameter for bolt head, 8 bolts instead of 6, etc, etc. Quite a bit of work went into making these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I did ask about this a while back and the consensus was the crank hub issues vtt was having, is self-inflicted, never bothered with it as I'm not at the power level for this to actually happen to me nor does it seem to be a common issue for the n54, nonetheless not here to bash or discredit your work just passing along the information I have

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did ask about this a while back and the consensus was the crank hub issues vtt was having, is self-inflicted, never bothered with it as I'm not at the power level for this to actually happen to me nor does it seem to be a common issue for the n54, nonetheless not here to bash or discredit your work just passing along the information I have
    I did not take it as a bash, just not a very well known issue if you do not search for it, but once you do, you will find a ton of cases. Most people do not know what causes it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I remember some N54s having issues of it backing out days after doing the walnut blast . They used the crank bolt to turn the engine instead of a gun trigger to the starter solenoid, or rocking the vehicle. It is not common but does happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Needed this. Thanx Tony! Order sent
    Last edited by Ericbh77; 06-29-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ericbh77 Click here to enlarge
    Needed this. Thanx Tony! Order sent
    Order received. Thank you sir, this will go out today!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///MPOSTER Click here to enlarge
    I remember some N54s having issues of it backing out days after doing the walnut blast . They used the crank bolt to turn the engine instead of a gun trigger to the starter solenoid, or rocking the vehicle. It is not common but does happen.
    I used the crankbolt to turn but the trick is to do it clockwise so you wont loosen the bolt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will need one!! Most likely gonna send my motor to you anyways so this will be a must.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will def. be picking this up.

And thank you for not price gouging a relatively straightforward piece (not being cynical - honestly)
    [I]E88 N54 w stuff
    MB w205 c450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psychosinmylobby Click here to enlarge
    I used the crankbolt to turn but the trick is to do it clockwise so you wont loosen the bolt.
    If the bolt is still tightened to it factory specs, which is 75 ft lbs then a full 360 degrees of stretch, you could turn it counter clockwise for a week, and never loosen it with just engine resistance. If the bolts loosens from that, it was loose to begin with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Love the idea... Wish we had thought of it first. Click here to enlarge Definitely buying one for our 135i built motor.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Love the idea... Wish we had thought of it first. Click here to enlarge Definitely buying one for our 135i built motor.
    You don't need to buy one, I will install it for you before it goes back in. No charge sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any pictures of it actually installed? Tempted to buy one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shushikiary Click here to enlarge
    Do you have any pictures of it actually installed? Tempted to buy one.
    It would look exactly like the rendering you see. Here is an S55 prototype installed. This was actually installed at the local dealership, by dealer techs under warranty. We have a close relationship with them, and they wanted to try on on a customers car with a spun hub...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any reason you guys chose to use bullet head allen bolts instead of the factory style bolts? Just aesthetics?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Any reason you guys chose to use bullet head allen bolts instead of the factory style bolts? Just aesthetics?
    Sourcing those bolts in the correct length is a pain in the ass, as this adds a .250" of spacer, you want to add at least that much in bolt thread length. 12.9 Allens are as strong as anything you can get. The button heads also have more surface area than the factory bolts. We most likely will be shipping all the captures with slightly different bolts. I have those shown on my car, and the dealership used those on the S55, but those are 5mm hex. I wanted to go with full 6mm hex for more engagement when TQ'ing. So we got 12.9 6mm hex bolts in the correct length with small OD Stainless washers with more surface area than the stock bolts for better load equalization.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sourcing those bolts in the correct length is a pain in the ass, as this adds a .250" of spacer, you want to add at least that much in bolt thread length. 12.9 Allens are as strong as anything you can get. The button heads also have more surface area than the factory bolts. We most likely will be shipping all the captures with slightly different bolts. I have those shown on my car, and the dealership used those on the S55, but those are 5mm hex. I wanted to go with full 6mm hex for more engagement when TQ'ing. So we got 12.9 6mm hex bolts in the correct length with small OD Stainless washers with more surface area than the stock bolts for better load equalization.
    Word. Tried to rep but must spread around more...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I will need one!! Most likely gonna send my motor to you anyways so this will be a must.
    Whose building these for you? I'd like some info about the shop that seems to build this n54 alot more reliable than the competition with no data but all claims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thread edited, for misreading
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-29-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Um what? Who are you? All claims but now data? Last time I checked 847WHP on stock location twins, the fastest N54 in the 1/2 mile, not too mention the ONLY built motor doing anything. Show us another built motor putting down any power, or fast times. I will wait, welcome to the hater club my friend. Bye bye

Wait before I ban hammer you, maybe I read that wrong, are you saying the competition is all claims, and no data, or that our motor is? Either way, you seem pretty negative my friend
    I was not remotely referring to you... I was referring to the companies that offer built engines without any data, your engine seems to be the only one doing work. So can you shed some light on the shop?
    Last edited by Deen@streetkingimports; 06-29-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Apologies

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast