Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    204
    Rep Points
    651.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Parallel Walbro 450's

    I'm looking for a setup that will get me to the 600-700 whp range on e85. My thought is to run a in tank Walbro 450 to an in line Walbro 450. I would think that this setup would give me enough flow with some headroom to spare.

    Can anyone back up my thoughts or set me on the right path.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    388
    Rep Points
    801.7
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Isn't that in series, not parallel? General rule of thumb is pumps in parallel adds flow and pumps in series adds head pressure. For E85 what you need is more flow not more pressure. Fuel-it stage 3 is essentially a dual Walbro 450 in parallel

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    226
    Rep Points
    825.0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TEC Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking for a setup that will get me to the 600-700 whp range on e85. My thought is to run a in tank Walbro 450 to an in line Walbro 450. I would think that this setup would give me enough flow with some headroom to spare.

    Can anyone back up my thoughts or set me on the right path.

    Thanks!
    Happy to help: http://www.fuel-it.biz/e-series-135i...-lpfp-upgrade/

    Feel free to PM me with any questions!

    Have a nice weekend Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    e92 335xi 2.0
    Pure 2 Turbos
    Fueling by Fuel-It
    TFT Inlet System

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    would be cool to know if this could be DIY'd...
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,196
    Rep Points
    30.0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    would be cool to know if this could be DIY'd...
    Just look at a fuel-it kit and do the same thing on your own. None of it is difficult to make or have made. You'll just spend more time and money redoing, to the same level, what you can already buy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    204
    Rep Points
    651.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    Just look at a fuel-it kit and do the same thing on your own. None of it is difficult to make or have made. You'll just spend more time and money redoing, to the same level, what you can already buy.
    Well Im intending to find out. I have something in the works that another member and I are working on. Will report back if it works out with a possible DIY.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Flexing in the mirror
    Posts
    911
    Rep Points
    2,166.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    would be cool to know if this could be DIY'd...
    Yup sure can. I built my Wally bucket and can easily add a second inline. Used PTFE hose and pinch clamps not that 2013 gates hose+worms non sense.

    You'd need an adapter to add a 455 inline tho. No one makes them anymore. An easier set up is 455 + 250 (255 maybe) because the inlet snout is long enough to clamp the line to it.

    If really wanting to do it let us know and I'll break down the stuff needed to be ordered from McMasters. Can't recall how much it was prob ~$50
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

    Click here to enlarge


    Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cool guys. Look forward to seeing some results
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    Yup sure can. I built my Wally bucket and can easily add a second inline. Used PTFE hose and pinch clamps not that 2013 gates hose+worms non sense.

    You'd need an adapter to add a 455 inline tho. No one makes them anymore. An easier set up is 455 + 250 (255 maybe) because the inlet snout is long enough to clamp the line to it.

    If really wanting to do it let us know and I'll break down the stuff needed to be ordered from McMasters. Can't recall how much it was prob ~$50
    I'm the one who use to make the adapters if need is out there I'm sure I can start making them again I mean running two pumps inline and the adapter should be cheaper than most things out there with 2 walbros and will get you plenty of flow. Just been busy on my second career but I'm almost done with school. Not sure if TEC wants to run inline or not, but running parallel not sure on the draw and if the fuse can handle it or not might have to go up to a 25, i believe its a 20amp in there so a 25 won't hurt.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Flexing in the mirror
    Posts
    911
    Rep Points
    2,166.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    I'm the one who use to make the adapters if need is out there I'm sure I can start making them again I mean running two pumps inline and the adapter should be cheaper than most things out there with 2 walbros and will get you plenty of flow. Just been busy on my second career but I'm almost done with school. Not sure if TEC wants to run inline or not, but running parallel not sure on the draw and if the fuse can handle it or not might have to go up to a 25, i believe its a 20amp in there so a 25 won't hurt.
    Yea, shame no longer making them. Very simple set up at 1/4 of typical PnP solutions. Vishnu made one years before also that retailed for $400 at the time.
    I've run a 25 fuse for years
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

    Click here to enlarge


    Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    What about using the FFTEC 450 inline with diy walbro 450. How would that work and connect?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spain4065 Click here to enlarge
    What about using the FFTEC 450 inline with diy walbro 450. How would that work and connect?
    Thats what we're talking about

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    Yea, shame no longer making them. Very simple set up at 1/4 of typical PnP solutions. Vishnu made one years before also that retailed for $400 at the time.
    I've run a 25 fuse for years
    Shiv / FFtec sold those for 500

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I definitely want an adapter to do this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Flexing in the mirror
    Posts
    911
    Rep Points
    2,166.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Shiv / FFtec sold those for 500
    Don't know. Bought mine for $415 from FFtec.
    @spain4065 you could do the Wally bucket + 255 easily since adapter not available

    Id guess it would keep your lpfp above 50psi on E50 to ~600hp
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

    Click here to enlarge


    Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    Don't know. Bought mine for $415 from FFtec.
    @spain4065 you could do the Wally bucket + 255 easily since adapter not available
    Id guess it would keep your lpfp above 50psi on E50 to ~600hp

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I managed to quote you but not reply lol

    Everyone wants to bucketless lol when in fact if you kept your bucket you have everything you need right in front of you just cut the bottom out of your bucket stick your walbros in the bucket and hydramats underneath them the fuel coming from fp side with those black hoses keep the mats wet at all times sorta like the blue faucet this pretty simple guys no need to pay tons of money for so called RnD lol

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Flexing in the mirror
    Posts
    911
    Rep Points
    2,166.0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    There are much better ways to set up proper fueling then ditching the bucket. Again I guess it depends on build but as I transition my build towards road course duty there is no chance I'd get rid of the bucket. Agree with you Tundy, hole in bucket, Holley mat, done if determined to delete an ingenious factory design.
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

    Click here to enlarge


    Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    301
    Rep Points
    199.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    I managed to quote you but not reply lol

    Everyone wants to bucketless lol when in fact if you kept your bucket you have everything you need right in front of you just cut the bottom out of your bucket stick your walbros in the bucket and hydramats underneath them the fuel coming from fp side with those black hoses keep the mats wet at all times sorta like the blue faucet this pretty simple guys no need to pay tons of money for so called RnD lol
    the blue faucet lol in the youtube video for the hydramats from holley

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    83
    Rep Points
    50.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i currently have the fuel-it stage 1 setup and wondering if i purchase a walbro 450/455 can i simply put it inline replacing the 255?

    looking for my lowest cost option after pulling the trigger on PS2 high flows

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    204
    Rep Points
    651.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    I posted again with my final solution. You should check that out. To me this would be your option.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    288
    Rep Points
    509.2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Precision race works makes a kit that you can put together your self to save some money and its pretty nice too, its what I've been using for over a year now.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TEC Click here to enlarge
    I posted again with my final solution. You should check that out. To me this would be your option.
    Did you upgrade your fuel pressure regulator mate? That's the only thing holding me back on this mod.

    Don't want to recreate something like this!

    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    76.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWSAWS Click here to enlarge
    Did you upgrade your fuel pressure regulator mate? That's the only thing holding me back on this mod.

    Don't want to recreate something like this!

    wow,do you know what happened in the video that caused the fire?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,449.1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xLOGANx Click here to enlarge
    wow,do you know what happened in the video that caused the fire?
    Fuel line leaked onto the hot manifold I believe and caught fire. Whole engine bay destroyed.
    Best:11.79@119mph on stock turbos.
    11.74@129 on GCs.
    FBO+Meth Port injection, GC Turbos, custom bucketless stage2, JB4, Trebila flash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •