Close

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MHD - general discussion and updates

MHD Flasher is the first Android handheld application to bring ECU tuning and monitoring to the BMW N54 engine. The MHD Flasher reveals the immense margin of power BMW left on the table with the N54 while still retaining the sophistication of the original engine management program.

→ Easy to install
    Connect any compatible Android device to your car using a standard K+Dcan cable along with an OTG USB adapter, install one of the pre-purchased MHD maps and enjoy the power and performance benefits of the MHD maps by Wedge Performance.

→ Keep an eye on the tuning
    Monitor your engine behavior using a configurable gauges layout to keep an eye on any of the 50+ engine monitors like oil temp, boost pressure, actual load or individual cylinder ignition timing. Activate the logging mode to save up to 30 monitors to a standard CSV file for later analysis. Track issues by reading the error codes, and delete them once resolved.

→ Flash your ECU back to a stock anytime, as often as you need to. No ECU backup is needed.

→ Custom tuning support
    As an alternative to built-in maps, many tuners can provide advanced custom mapping for those who have higher or special performance needs.

The MHD Flasher can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hd.flasher.n54

Main features description:

═══ Flasher module ═══
    - Flash built-in maps (purchased separately), piggyback backend maps or custom user-tuned .BIN files.
    - Backup up the stock ECU software, as fast as 3 seconds on most of the cars.
    - Provides handy options like power limiter per gear, wastegate rattle fix or exhaust burble settings.
    - Read / delete engine trouble codes.
    - Reset adaptation values (Lambda, Fuel/air, Octane rating, VANOS, Throttle, and Battery).
    - 2 minutes map switching; initial install time: 18 minutes on KLINE cars (2007 & Early 2008), 38 minutes on DCAN cars (2008+).

═══ Monitor module ═══
    - Extensive logging values list, up to 30 values at the same time.
    - Save logging session to .CSV files
    - Integrated csv log viewer
    - Up to 8 configurable gauges
    - Automatic or manual log session start.

═══ Optional MHD maps packs ═══
    - Maps by Wedge Performance
    - Stage 1 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants.
    - Stage 2 pack. Eight maps: 4 fuel octane variants, stock / upgraded FMIC variants. High flow downpipes recommended.
    - Ethanol mix pack. Three maps (e25, e40 and e60), FMIC+DPs recommended. Upgraded fuel pump for the e60.

Supported vehicles:

2006-2010 135i, 335i and 535i
    2011-2013 335is
    2009-2015 Z4 35i/is
    2011-2012 1M
    2008-2010 X6 35i

This racing product is for competition closed course use only.

Required hardware:
    - 1 device running Android 3.2 and up, USB OTG compatible.
    - 1 K+Dcan cable. See page 5 of the user manual for a recommended cable: http://www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide
    - 1 USB OTG cable.

Price list (licenses are VIN Locked and stored by Google along your Play store account):
    - Flasher module: $99
    - MHD maps packs: $49 each. Requires the Flasher module.
    - Monitor module: $69
    - JB4 backends only flasher: $79. Upgradable for $20 to the full $99 flasher module.
    - Increased boost limit (from 18 to 22 PSI) module: $49. For custom tuning purpose. Requires the Flasher module.

FAQ

Q: Can I test the connection before making a purchase?
    A: Yes, simply tap the MHD Store button. The ECU connection is checked before displaying available purchases.

Q: Does my Android device need to be permanently plugged to the OBD port?
    A: No. Once a flash is performed you can unplug your device.

Q: Do I need to purchase a new license each time I flash a map?
    A: No, you can ref lash as many times as needed.

Q: Is a battery charger required?
    A: It is highly recommended for long flashes (install, uninstall). A healthy battery will handle short flashes (map changes) fine but the use of a battery charger remains recommended.
    Last edited by martial@mhd; 10-20-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MHD v1.35

Today's official update introduces:
    - Automated logging: in this mode, no button is required to start logging. Just press the pedal above 50% to start recording. The log will be stopped and saved after 3 seconds with less than 50% pedal.
    - Shift light: the background of the gauges gets illuminated at at user selectable RPM. Go to monitor > options to adjust the rpm.
    - Flash option : Desensitize the knock tables. If checked, overrides any map with partially desensitized knock tables settings. Not recommended for general use.
    - Flash option : ADV O2 sensors kit. Support for the aftermarket lamda sensors sold by Chris.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by martial@mhd; 05-20-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    huge fan of mhd. noticed the auto logging feature this morning, shift light is a nice add on too.

to what degree are the stock knock tables desensitized with that option? equivalent to the v5 maps?

thanks martial!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When will the wireless be available, so we don't have to use a cable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet, about time!! Click here to enlarge
    2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo w/ OCDworks Modified T51r Housing, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV, ADV sensors, and many more....
    RIP Click here to enlarge2008 AW/BL 135i
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @martial@mhd - will there be a check box option for Single Bank Rear O2 sensor like for the ADV one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we edit the stage 2 tunes from the app in TunerPro? Where can we find a complete XDF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does the auto log over write the same file each time, or does it only have so many files back and then starts deleting? I'm worried about filling up all the flash space on my tablet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @martial@mhd Could we please get trans temp added into the data monitor! I really don't want to install the jb4 just to monitor the trans temp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome work. I was just logging yesterday without a phone mount. Having it automated will make life so much easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335is-dct Click here to enlarge
    huge fan of mhd. noticed the auto logging feature this morning, shift light is a nice add on too.

to what degree are the stock knock tables desensitized with that option? equivalent to the v5 maps?

thanks martial!!!
    The current Knock reduction flash option uses the same settings as Terry's _KR_ backends (as agreed with T). Maybe a bit less aggressive than v5 maps, the comparison is difficult since some tables maps are more aggressive, some less.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jt0407 Click here to enlarge
    When will the wireless be available, so we don't have to use a cable?
    I have tested cheap clones and original ELM327, both won't cut it. Currently having better luck with OBDLink line of products, but there are some deak-breaker issues I need to work around with their support staff. I may take a different route. No promises.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    @martial@mhd - will there be a check box option for Single Bank Rear O2 sensor like for the ADV one?
    That could be done if the setting becomes popular. For now feedback on the implications of single read o2 is limited.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by all4bspinnin Click here to enlarge
    Can we edit the stage 2 tunes from the app in TunerPro? Where can we find a complete XDF?
    MHD OTS maps are locked and sources not available. The latest xdfs are available at https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shushikiary Click here to enlarge
    Does the auto log over write the same file each time, or does it only have so many files back and then starts deleting? I'm worried about filling up all the flash space on my tablet.
    For now a new file is created each time. Logs are typically a few kb so you shouldn't be too worried bout filling up the space. Let me know after one month of typical use Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DirtKurt Click here to enlarge
    @martial@mhd Could we please get trans temp added into the data monitor! I really don't want to install the jb4 just to monitor the trans temp.
    That will probably come yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    glad to see a thread here. should fill up fairly quickly.
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Might want to add Twisting Tuning's MHD user guide
    media.wix.com/ugd/8a5c47_aef4f67ca2934b409a5aab0f15002bb7(dot)pdf

Also, do you have to buy each thing if you switch cars, or only a new map?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B M W Click here to enlarge

thanks....updated permanent link for the MHD guide is now:

www.twisted-visionz.com/mhdguide
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B M W Click here to enlarge
    All purchases are VIN locked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I flashed an updated BEF for my setup the other day and noticed there is a checkbox for a 'shiftbog' fix. What does this do exactly?

Does it modify the 4 tables as discussed in the other thread? Or does it do something else? I selected it just to see what it did. I noticed very aggressive throttle mapping compared to my older map and from what I can tell, the actual throttle maps between BEF versions appear to be the same. Did shift bog do this? Or is it my bad bank1 O2 sensor? Click here to enlarge
    08 E90, just boltons

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey martial, off topic but I can never get a straight answer from anyone, so you have any idea when you guys will release MHD for N55 platform E90? Cobb is no longer supported for my DME version of my car since they updated it at the dealership, is there anyway I can get a custom tune from anyone? Or is jb4 my only option

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SMOKEYWOKEY Click here to enlarge
    Hey martial, off topic but I can never get a straight answer from anyone, so you have any idea when you guys will release MHD for N55 platform E90? Cobb is no longer supported for my DME version of my car since they updated it at the dealership, is there anyway I can get a custom tune from anyone? Or is jb4 my only option
    What's your ecu code now, do you know?
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I for get I have to look, all I know is they updated it and I plugged in my Cobb and it said it wasn't supported :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I flashed an updated BEF for my setup the other day and noticed there is a checkbox for a 'shiftbog' fix. What does this do exactly?

Does it modify the 4 tables as discussed in the other thread? Or does it do something else? I selected it just to see what it did. I noticed very aggressive throttle mapping compared to my older map and from what I can tell, the actual throttle maps between BEF versions appear to be the same. Did shift bog do this? Or is it my bad bank1 O2 sensor? Click here to enlarge
    It modifies the fast fuel cut and other tables that are linked to certain types of bog (multiple things can cause bog), it doesn't change throttle mapping. But if you had "apply linear throttle mapping" checked before and don't now, you'd have something more aggressive probably. Stock and many tunes use a non-linear anti-mt throttle mapping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    8666678_008798098G1B QTL6S I know that's weird, but I think that's it.. not 100% sure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DirtKurt Click here to enlarge
    ^ THIS PLEASE!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see:
    Trans temp
    Needle sweep on start up
    Wireless option
    2step
    No boost until oil temp is@160 degrees or greater

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SMOKEYWOKEY Click here to enlarge
    Just flash the Dme to back to 98g0b and your Cobb device would be happy. If not - update the Cobb device then try again.

For the n55 - the older roms seemed more aggressive from the way it burbles and accelerate ....
    RBB@Codewerx

Chart Crafting and Tuning - F Series OBD, MHD & JB4 BEF

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast