Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

$55-$60k 2018 Audi RS3 sedan on the way to the US with 400+ horsepower, all wheel drive, and a dual clutch transmission?

That is the report. It really is nothing new as Audi has teased the idea since 2011. Yes, 2011. Details last year stated if the RS3 were to come to the USA it would be as a sedan. As you likely know, the RS3 hatchback never made it to the USA as Audi thinks we hate hatchbacks.

Click here to enlarge

A sedan version though is pretty much a done deal. Bet on it happening. The CLA45 AMG will get a competitor and the M2 as well even though the CLA45 is much closer in execution with all wheel drive fed through a dual clutch transmission and a small turbo powerplant.

As the RS3 hatchback uses a 2.5 TFSI motor the RS3 sedan will likely share it except with a bump in output into the 400 horse range. That likely means the 2.5 TFSI will continue its impressive string of International Engine of the Year awards in its displacement class. Audi would likely bump up its oher 2.5 TFSI powered models as well to match.

So, there is nothing really new to share except what we already knew. There is no official confirmation from Audi although we all know it is coming. It make all the sense in the world for the car to come to the USA as well. When it does, it will be a hell of a tuner platform.

Source

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bad ass. Although I'd still rather have the wagon/hatch Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MTM is presenting a 500+PS motor for this platform (MTM RS3 "R") in Geneva next week....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by al pettee Click here to enlarge
    MTM is presenting a 500+PS motor for this platform (MTM RS3 "R") in Geneva next week....
    APR has already done 600 whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    APR has already done 600 whp.
    Before it goes...kaboom....
    2007 B7 Audi RS4 MTM Supercharger, Stasis Ohlin Suspension, Red-"The Cherry Bomb."
    2012 Audi R8V10 ESS Supercharger, GMG Exhaust/130R Wheels, H&R Springs, Silver/CF-"The Silver Bullet."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Bad ass. Although I'd still rather have the wagon/hatch Click here to enlarge

-Rich
    Picked one up about a month ago to do some work on. Its is pretty special, the engine tone does something to me that only a V10 M5 did.

Click here to enlarge
    2014 Golf 7 R
    2014 Golf 7 GTI
    2018 Audi RS3 8V
    2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by al pettee Click here to enlarge
    Before it goes...kaboom....
    I don't see why it would. 600 whp out of that motor has been done by several tuners. They also upgraded the internals so...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see why it would. 600 whp out of that motor has been done by several tuners. They also upgraded the internals so...
    There is a updated 5cyl motor that is being released on the TT RS that will carry through to this one. Is a Alu block and a new design so nothing is known at this stage strength wise.
    2014 Golf 7 R
    2014 Golf 7 GTI
    2018 Audi RS3 8V
    2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    There is a updated 5cyl motor that is being released on the TT RS that will carry through to this one. Is a Alu block and a new design so nothing is known at this stage strength wise.
    I think that's likely true but it likely is the same basic architecture.

Regardless, I don't see why any 2.5 liter turbo inline-5 would have trouble reaching these numbers reliably especially with built internals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Picked one up about a month ago to do some work on. Its is pretty special, the engine tone does something to me that only a V10 M5 did.

Click here to enlarge
    Gorgeous man. Just gorgeous.

-Rich