Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cracked HRE rims :(

Today I went to change the rear tyres on my HRE p40 20in rims, and discovered I have 3 cracks on 1 rim.

has any one experienced this with HRE wheels before? I actually loved these rims, and have another set of HRE rims and I'm extremely worried now.
    @HRE_Wheels what do you recommend I do?

Attached are pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Harun, we're sorry to hear about your troubles. Please email Jorge Martinez at jorgem@hrewheels.com.

Regards,
    HRE Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That seems super rare. Those wheels must have hit some nasty potholes. Honestly I haven't seen any defects or issues with HRE's since the water retention issue of their reverse-drop center wheels, but that wasn't unique to HRE and it was 15 years ago. I dont think there's a better aftermarket wheel manufacturer out there.

As a testament to their customer service, I'm curious how this situation was handled.
    Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Dual Cone Intake | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Aerodynamics | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh man...im sorry to hear that :/ That seems like a super rare happening, talk to HRE and let us know what they say, hopefully they can work something out with you. GL
    FBO|Backend Flash E60 mix| MFactory LSD/Diff Bushings| MFactory SMFW/335is Clutch| VRSF 7"| BMW Performance SSK| MTEC H8 7000k Angel Eyes| D1S Bulbs-6000k| Underground Euro HID Foglights-6000k| Aero Lip| CF rear spoiler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels Click here to enlarge
    Harun, we're sorry to hear about your troubles. Please email Jorge Martinez at jorgem@hrewheels.com.

Regards,
    HRE Wheels
    1am customer service. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am currently talking to a couple of people @hre. They have been super responsive. Unfortunately I was in hospital for a couple of weeks so I couldn't reply immediately after we exchanged emails. Currently waiting for a response but I'm certain we will come to an agreement.

i am extremely surprised that the wheel has so many cracks. It's the only one at out of the whole set. All the others are perfect. We don't bave bad roads like tbe Usa here in Aus and I am extremely careful at all times. I'm not saying I haven't fallen jnto a whole but nothing to ever concern me.

Fyi I have 2 sets of HRE wheels. My other set is a 3 piece custom made for my C. So I am not here to try and discredit HRE at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    I am currently talking to a couple of people @hre. They have been super responsive. Unfortunately I was in hospital for a couple of weeks so I couldn't reply immediately after we exchanged emails. Currently waiting for a response but I'm certain we will come to an agreement.

i am extremely surprised that the wheel has so many cracks. It's the only one at out of the whole set. All the others are perfect. We don't bave bad roads like tbe Usa here in Aus and I am extremely careful at all times. I'm not saying I haven't fallen jnto a whole but nothing to ever concern me.

Fyi I have 2 sets of HRE wheels. My other set is a 3 piece custom made for my C. So I am not here to try and discredit HRE at all.
    I definitely don't think anyone here thinks you're out to discredit them. Honestly I rarely see this issue with them, so I assumed you must have hit something. However, the fact that there are 3 separate cracks, it very well be there the wheel was a little "defective". Either way, their customer service is excellent, so hopefully they take care of you.

Hopefully your hospital stint wasn't anything serious. Good luck.
    Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Dual Cone Intake | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Aerodynamics | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

On just 1 wheel out of 8 it sounds like a freak manufacturing defect. These are forged and not centrifugal cast correct? Usually on forged wheels they bend before they crack so it certainly is weird you have multiple cracks on just one wheel in the set.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by C///M Click here to enlarge
    As a testament to their customer service, I'm curious how this situation was handled.
    From what I understand @HRE_Wheels quickly took care of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    From what I understand @HRE_Wheels quickly took care of it.
    Not surprised there, great company pumping good customer service and high quality products, good to hear!!!
    FBO|Backend Flash E60 mix| MFactory LSD/Diff Bushings| MFactory SMFW/335is Clutch| VRSF 7"| BMW Performance SSK| MTEC H8 7000k Angel Eyes| D1S Bulbs-6000k| Underground Euro HID Foglights-6000k| Aero Lip| CF rear spoiler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am still to receive a reply after an initial email, I've replied 3 times and still nothing. Extremely dissapointed that they won't even respond to help me fix my wheel or supply me a new one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whoa seriously? I thought it was all taken care of...
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am still to receive a reply after an initial email, I've replied 3 times and still nothing. Extremely dissapointed that they won't even respond to help me fix my wheel or supply me a new one.
    Ugh, not good. What is going on?

Let me try to get you some help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh, not good. What is going on?

Let me try to get you some help.
    Already did. He should be sorted out fairly soon. Let us know how it goes.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not surprised. I tried to get new center caps for some wheels for months. They respond very slowly to emails and at one point I stopped getting responses completely. The shop I got the wheels redone at tried to contact them as well with no luck. I wanted to buy the center caps too, not even looking for warranty or anything like that.
    Wedge - MHD // aFe stg2 intake // Wagner EVO 1 COMP FMIC // UR catted downpipes
    ER charge pipe // Turbosmart bypass valves // BMS oil catch ccan
    Ohlins Road and Track // Quaife ATB // M3 control arms and sway bars
    M3 diff bushings // MRF solid subframe bushings // Michelin PSS
    Gladen One 201 Speakers // Gladen D2 100.4 Amp & DSP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SGe92is Click here to enlarge
    Not surprised. I tried to get new center caps for some wheels for months. They respond very slowly to emails and at one point I stopped getting responses completely. The shop I got the wheels redone at tried to contact them as well with no luck. I wanted to buy the center caps too, not even looking for warranty or anything like that.
    We apologize for the lack of communication. For any future requests, please email SatoruY@hrewheels.com.
    Email being sent, by Nick Wright.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SGe92is Click here to enlarge
    I just got a response and they say they are resolving the issue.

So you never go the center caps? @HRE_Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We apologize for the lack of communication. For any future requests, please email SatoruY@hrewheels.com.

Email being sent, by Nick Wright.
    Thanks for taking care of this.

So who is handling this account now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like HRE is understaffed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like HRE is understaffed.
    I'm not really sure what's going on there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for taking care of this.
    So who is handling this account now?
    HRE Marketing is handling the account.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finally a response to my email and I hope to have this issue rectified.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HRE Marketing is handling the account.
    What is the e-mail address so I may speak to whomever is in charge?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast