Close

    • Iroz Motorsport misleading people on Audi 2.5 TFSI records - APR vs. Iroz 2.5 TFSI tuning beef?

      Records are going to continue to fall left and right as we approach winter and tracks get faster and faster. That is the nature of things and with the excitement of the 2.5 TFSI platform and its tuning prowess there is obviously major tuner competition.


      Seemingly every week either APR or Iroz Motorsport sets a new record on the platform. Recently, Iroz Motorsport set the stock turbo 2.5 TFSI record with an RS3 sedan running 10.2 @ 131 in the 1/4 mile.

      Impressive, right? So what is the issue? The issue is Iroz is making it seem like less is involved in running this time than they let on. Originally they did not respond to requests for what modifications were run and BoostAddict dug through multiple social media profiles to see they set this record after they replaced the original male driver with a much lighter female driver who cut a tenth off the time.

      They also pulled the interior (passenger seats, rear seats), removed the exhaust (no cats, or mufflers), and went to a lightweight battery.

      That is all fine but disclose it. This created problems with AudiBoost member @Stockguru who tried to set the details straight but @HankIroz blocked him on social media pages. A bit of a petty way to handle things for a professional, isn't it?

      Quote Originally Posted by Stockguru
      That was me simply trying to bring transparency to some of Iroz's posts where they stonewalled people who asked about the weight reduction and tire setup. I answered everyone's questions and Hank@Iroz promptly blocked me.

      Iroz wants people to think they can go 10.2 with their Stage 2 hardware and nothing else. Hank made three posts on Weds. night about this car and not a single one mentioned the gutted interior, no exhaust/cats and full slicks on the car. When people asked for mods, they only told them the $#@! that they sell, such as the downpipe, FMIC and IE intake. Ironically, stage 2 parts such as the downpipe and FMIC make no appreciable difference in horsepower on a stock turbo 2.5 TFSI tuned on ethanol. This has been proven repeatedly on their dyno. And most recently, proven by my runs on Friday night.

      It wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't for them attacking APR every time APR makes a post about a customer's car on social media. Apparently Iroz and the sheep expect APR to post every intimate detail about customer's cars yet they don't have to be held to the same standard. The key difference here is when people ask Arin what tires are on a customer's car that just ran a time, he responds honestly. Like for my runs on Friday night on Instagram for example. However, this isn't the case with Iroz. They just stonewall everyone and then have the balls to try to submit the timeslip to the database saying it was on street tires.
      Now, trying to submit the car into the record books as if running on street tires is misleading. Frankly, it's lying. BoostAddict found a picture of the car obviously showing it was on slicks.

      There is also truth to Iroz Motorsport not disclosing the full mod list. BoostAddict.com asked multiple times and received no response. E-mail was tried as well and @HankIroz never responded.

      As for beef with APR, it's definitely true. APR is the big name here and Iroz continually attacks them. That is one way to make a name for yourself but when BoostAddict.com asked @Arin@APR for specs on their TT-RS record stock turbo run we had the full information in five minutes. As a matter of fact, APR does not hide away from any questions on the specs of their cars.

      Here is how the girl who set the record is portraying this:


      She makes it seem like people are 'hating' on this achievement when in reality they want to know the full details.

      We are at a point on the factory 2.5 TFSI turbo where who gets ahead of whomever else will be decided by weight and weather conditions and not necessarily tuning quality.

      What is next? Having jockeys run the cars to eek out a record?

      A bit of honesty and professionalism would go a long way here.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Iroz Motorsport misleading people on Audi 2.5 TFSI records - APR vs. Iroz 2.5 TFSI tuning beef? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 84 Comments
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        Funny Click here to enlarge
      1. Stockguru's Avatar
        Stockguru -
        Iroz made three posts on Instagram on Weds. night about the RS3 that ran 10.26. Not a single one of them made mention of the car running full slicks, no exhaust, downgraded A3/GTI brakes, gutted interior with no seats, etc. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal except as usual Hank ignored a dozen or so user's questions about the car's tires, weight reduction, etc. in these same three posts. These questions were asked by the following Instagram users: @Izzyman74 @midlifers3 @TECklenburgvw @walber_mendonca @jhmilch @7_rated_r @_sticky_ @kentismentis @macdogher @hardwaylearning

        Iroz would rather keep the details on the down low because then the average RS3 owner who isn't as savvy as some of us will think the numbers were achieved with only the standard Iroz Stage 2 parts and not with a gutted interior, no exhaust, etc. Hank claims he doesn't have the time to reply to these people yet he has enough time to take their money and to exchange several long e-mails with me nearly every single day, arguing with me over every little thing.

        So I decided to simply reply to each one of these people in the three posts with the exact details for the car (no drama, no emotions, just the details people were asking for) and within minutes Hank blocks me from his Instagram and sends me these long e-mails where he confesses point black that "we are shady with our details" but justifies it by saying others such as APR and I do the same thing so it's basically okay for him to do it. Funny, when people asked APR questions about my car on the 10.3 pass on Friday night, Arin responded with all the answers even though he was at a wedding. Somebody asked what tires I was on and Arin responded right away... Hoosier DR2s. How is that being shady? Hank and his followers make it a point to continually give Arin and APR sh!t for not disclosing things, even though from what I've seen APR has been very transparent. For example, when they ran the 10.5 last fall on E85, they first made a teaser and promised full details shortly which they followed up with just that: the full details! They posted everything from exact weight reduction to density altitude to fuels used for the respective runs.

        So anyway after Hank blocked me from Instagram and sent me that nasty e-mail, things started to get out of control quickly when the owners of the 10.2 car decided to start all kinds of rumors saying I impersonated him in order to find out what tires he ran ROTFL. They like to make their posts about me on Instagram and their little FB owner's group because they know I'm blocked on there and can't respond. It's pretty cowardly if you ask me but I must confess I did get quite a chuckle out of reading some of the screen shots that people sent me... They literally spent their entire weekend on there talking about yours truly. Click here to enlarge They even went so far as to stalk out my FB page which I use to rescue stray and shelter dogs on death row. They talked about me being a stock broker and owning a GTR, Viper, 911 Turbo, etc. (although not anymore as I sold them and donated the money to doggies in need).

        To be perfectly honest with you, I really can't blame them for this. I mean I can totally see why they'd be upset... After all, they needed to gut their interior, rip out all their seats, rip off their entire exhaust system off, buy and install a $1600 FMIC, a $1000 DP, a $1300 intake, full slicks with a Haldex switch that allows them to do a burnout just to run 10.26. I ran within a tenth of their time with a full interior, all seats, a full OEM exhaust with all cats and mufflers, a stock FMIC/DP/airbox (except for the drop in filter), and I ran on drag radials. It's basically a gutted race car on full slicks running 10.26 vs a full factory street car running 10.33. That's just sick. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stockguru Click here to enlarge
        Somebody asked what tires I was on and Arin responded right away... Hoosier DR2s.
        That was me...
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        if iroz is correct and the "iroz_truth" troll and "stockguru" is marc ehrenberg, then you are taking the wrong side in this article as marc ehrenberg aka 10secs4 (who was selling stolen or copied B5 S4 tunes iirc), aka vol4.0tt, aka TTRSleeper, aka Jack Jones .... is a well known troll in the audi scene

        he's been banned from audiworld and audizine so many times and always comes back with a new username..... sounds a lot like the "iroz_truth" troll

        the irony is rich as he wants "iroz truth" but he was selling copied B5 S4 tunes and passing them of as his own developed tunes under name 10secs4 and not being TRUTHFUL Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        then you are taking the wrong side in this article
        How so? Iroz didn't post the details and ignored people asking for the specs.

        The car's owner depicted the mods as such:

        Click here to enlarge

        Yes, definitely misleading.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        How so? Iroz didn't post the details and ignored people asking for the specs.

        The car's owner depicted the mods as such:


        Yes, definitely misleading and Iroz definitely does not alway fully disclose modifications.
        that i cant answer to as i dont know why they didnt reply instantly on IG, but i know they are known for not being very fast in replies to IG or emails.... that doesnt mean they are being untruthful...

        untruthful would be if they replied with lies, which they didnt
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        if iroz is correct and the "iroz_truth" troll and "stockguru" is marc ehrenberg, then you are taking the wrong side in this article as marc ehrenberg aka 10secs4 (who was selling stolen or copied B5 S4 tunes iirc), aka vol4.0tt, aka TTRSleeper, aka Jack Jones .... is a well known troll in the audi scene

        he's been banned from audiworld and audizine so many times and always comes back with a new username..... sounds a lot like the "iroz_truth" troll
        Oh wow. This is an old school audi scene troll. I didn't realize he's still around. Dude needs to find a better use of his free time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        that i cant answer to as i dont know why they didnt reply instantly on IG, but i know they are known for not being very fast in replies to IG or emails.... that doesnt mean they are being untruthful...

        untruthful would be if they replied with lies, which they didnt
        What I just posted is a lie as it omits the battery, passenger seat, exhaust pulled, tires, wheels, brakes changed, and exhaust removed.

        Plus the difference the girl made driving versus him.

        That's quite a bit to omit...
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What I just posted is a lie as it omits the battery, passenger seat, exhaust pulled, tires, wheels, brakes changed, and exhaust removed.

        Plus the difference the girl made driving versus him.

        That's quite a bit to omit...
        they disclosed 4 days ago that there was weight reduction, and the original vid was linked from the girl's IG so it was clear it was her car with her driving.

        Attachment 57502
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        they disclosed 4 days ago that there was weight reduction, and the original vid was linked from the girl's IG so it was clear it was her car with her driving.
        Right there they omit the lightweight battery and someone corrects them on the exhaust saying it's not a 15 minute trackside endeavor.

        To me it's obvious they were minimizing the modifications involved.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Right there they omit the lightweight battery and someone corrects them on the exhaust saying it's not a 15 minute trackside endeavor.

        To me it's obvious they were minimizing the modifications involved.
        yeah but then a lot of other people corrected that person that it is, infact only a 15 min job as it takes 3 min to dump the exhaust using their set up with vbands... takes another few min to pull the backseat and same for front seat

        they even mentioned how much gas it had in the tank

        but seriously, if you are taking marc ehrenberg's word then you need to go read a little about him on audizine.... you might as well be taking DIME racing's word as he is the DIME of the audi scene, except DIME was a lot more successful as opposed to copying tunes in the basement like Marc

        https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...the-11-s/page3

        just search for Marc in this thread i linked .... there are many more threads like this with him mentioned... i particularly like this one :

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Das General Click here to enlarge
        Not to be a dick, but I think you have fallen victim to a lot of the Marc Ehrenberg propaganda.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Das General Click here to enlarge
        I am good buddies with Tony (aiello). I used to be buddy buddy with Marc. But then he would just run his mouth. He is a chronic liar, and loves to fabricate stories. I used to think he was alright until he revealed his true self.

        And I really do believe he is completely done with the audi scene. His blue car fell apart and he doesn't want to spend the money to fix it. The fact that he is banned from audizine and audiworld should say something about his character.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        but seriously, if you are taking marc ehrenberg's word then you need to go read a little about him on audizine.... you might as well be taking DIME racing's word as he is the DIME of the audi scene, except DIME was a lot more successful as opposed to copying tunes in the basement like Marc
        What does attacking him have to do with Iroz and those involved not revealing the details though? What does it have to do with Iroz going after APR constantly?

        I'm not going by him but by what I saw myself regarding how they answered about the modifications. This isn't the first time either.
      1. Stockguru's Avatar
        Stockguru -
        Yeah they never mentioned what tires were on the car (full bias ply slicks), even though several people asked Hank what tires the car was running. Then Hank tries to submit the timeslip to the 1/4 mile database saying it was done on street tires. He never mentioned the NO EXHAUST. Never mentioned the downgraded A3/GTI brakes. Even though several people were asking these questions. He told me via e-mail he has no time to respond to these people yet if you check the same posts, he has no problem responding to one guy who said the stock turbo car was almost as quick as two hybrid cars tuned by a competitor.

        It's pretty moot when Hank himself sent me an e-mail ADMITTING he's shady when it comes to providing details about customer's cars.

        This is the same shop I might add that nearly killed a member earlier this year when they left his and several other RS3 owners' subframe bolts loose after working on their cars. That is inexcusable.

        It's also been proven that their FMIC and downpipe don't make a difference on a tuned E85 RS3/TTRS, as peak HP remained nearly the same as shown on their own dyno. There are many more examples from both the dyno and dragstrip, too.

        Yet people continue to flush their money down the toilet on these Iroz products without doing any independent testing. This is something that I see over and over again in the Audi community. It's mind blowing... It makes you wonder how these people can even afford $55K cars? How can they be successful in their careers if they're so foolish and reckless when it comes to modifying their cars?
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What does attacking him have to do with Iroz and those involved not revealing the details though? What does it have to do with Iroz going after APR constantly?

        I'm not going by him but by what I saw myself regarding how they answered about the modifications. This isn't the first time either.
        because Marc is the one that started all this.... that's what he does, he lies and slanders people to try and make himself look good.... someone has a faster stock turbo time than him and so of course it must be because of nefarious reasons, in his mind

        he's bithcing about weight being the reason that RS3 is faster than his TTRS ..... let that sink in.... his TTRS is already about 300 lbs lighter in stock form, but he's crying that the RS3 beat his time because they did some weight reduction.... lol I bet they didnt do 300 lbs in weight reduction so his TTRS is still probably lighter..... but even then, who cares? no one ever said there was no weight reduction

        as far as the tuner beef, that i dont really like nor do i really partake in it... honestly, I like both APR and IROZ so i cant really say anything regarding the tuner beef
      1. Stockguru's Avatar
        Stockguru -
        Actually, we've had the discussions on the TTRS and RS3 weights before and it's about a 225-230lb difference with all else equal. It does depend on whether or not the cars you're comparing have the Dynamic, Dynamic Plus and/or Tech Packages.

        I'm not b!tching about anything... I'm quite happy with my car and its results for what it has. I'm determined to run 9's with the stock turbo, all seats in the car and a full factory exhaust system. I think that would be an incredible feat as Audi could get added to that elite list of sports cars that have gone single digits with the stock turbo(s), namely the McLaren 570S/720S, 911 Turbo S and GTR.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
        because Marc is the one that started all this.... that's what he does, he lies and slanders people to try and make himself look good.... someone has a faster stock turbo time than him and so of course it must be because of nefarious reasons, in his mind

        he's bithcing about weight being the reason that RS3 is faster than his TTRS ..... let that sink in.... his TTRS is already about 300 lbs lighter in stock form, but he's crying that the RS3 beat his time because they did some weight reduction.... lol I bet they didnt do 300 lbs in weight reduction so his TTRS is still probably lighter..... but even then, who cares? no one ever said there was no weight reduction

        as far as the tuner beef, that i dont really like nor do i really partake in it... honestly, I like both APR and IROZ so i cant really say anything regarding the tuner beef
        I agree with much of what you say but I don't think he is $#@!ing about some other car holding the record as much as asking for full disclosure.

        Yes, the TT-RS is lighter. Plus, who cares? Different conditions can change this. As we saw, even different drivers can change the time.

        I'll run a TT-RS when ATCO is 30 degrees and beat everyone. Am I a better driver, is my tune stronger, is it just a product of being really cold out?

        I think this whole thing could be handled better.
      1. Stockguru's Avatar
        Stockguru -
        Like I said, all I did was answer people's questions with the exact specs on the car, something Hank refused to do and I got blocked and had a bunch of Iroz's minions like gaspam talking all kinds of smack about me on social media in places where they knew I couldn't respond. Cowards.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stockguru Click here to enlarge
        Like I said, all I did was answer people's questions with the exact specs on the car, something Hank refused to do and I got blocked and had a bunch of Iroz's minions like gaspam talking all kinds of smack about me on social media in places where they knew I couldn't respond. Cowards.
        Lying as usual Marc. I only have IG and no other social media, so i havent talked to you nor blocked you... show me where i blocked you

        are you still taking legit tuners' tunes and slightly changing them in lemmiwinks and then passing them off as your own and selling them? for someone that's calling for transparency, you would know best about not being transparent.... hypocrisy at it's finest dude, you are one of the biggest liars in the audi scene

        change your username as much as you want and all us audi guys still keep finding you trolling up the scene since the B5 S4 days when you were 10secs4... how many times have you been banned now? your work as vol4.0tt in the RS7 scene was particularly entertaining

        are you going to steal APR's RS3/TTRs tune and tweek it just a little and call it your own and try to start selling it too? Click here to enlarge
      1. Stockguru's Avatar
        Stockguru -
        I was referring to your comments made on Lexie's Instagram where she made it clear that she blocked me yet you continued to talk trash about me knowing I couldn't defend myself. BTW, you said that I said she was claiming the 10.2 was on street tires. I never said any such thing. What I said and have maintained the entire time is that HANK, owner of Iroz Motorsport, attempted to submit the timeslip to the database saying it was on street tires and not full bias ply non-DOT slicks. You need to get your facts straight.

        This thread is about Iroz being shady and non-transparent in 2018, not drama from 2005. Let's please keep it on topic.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stockguru Click here to enlarge
        I was referring to your comments made on Lexie's Instagram where she made it clear that she blocked me yet you continued to talk trash about me knowing I couldn't defend myself. BTW, you said that I said she was claiming the 10.2 was on street tires. I never said any such thing. What I said and have maintained the entire time is that HANK, owner of Iroz Motorsport, attempted to submit the timeslip to the database saying it was on street tires and not full bias ply non-DOT slicks. You need to get your facts straight.

        This thread is about Iroz being shady and non-transparent in 2018, not drama from 2005. Let's please keep it on topic.
        lol as usual you got your facts wrong! I said that you said IROZ tried to say it was street tires, just as you admitted above. I will screen shot if you want me to prove you wrong...so i stated facts, not trash talk.... I also pointed out to them that you were over here bashing them in case they wanted to see/defend themselves

        and the drama you had in 2005 up to this year when you became vol4.0tt (and subsequently banned on audizine) is relevant as it shows that you have absolutely ZERO credibility.... you are a know liar and known software pirate and known troll, so you lost the right to anyone's trust a long time ago

        you come over here and try and start a new troll life where you think people dont know who you are, so you can start trolling again and hope that some people buy into your BS