Close

    • The McLaren 600LT is a lighter, sharper, hardcore, and stunning take on the 570

      The McLaren 540 and 570 models somehow just did not have the appeal of their 650/675 big brothers despite being lighter with just as much if not more performance potential. Well, the 600LT might change some opinions as it is arguably the best McLaren for the money in the lineup.


      McLaren did a wonderful job giving the 600LT an aggressive look. The aerodynamic body pieces are one thing but look at that exhaust. It's obviously inspired from a 918 Spyder but it is exceptional. The 600LT gets a huge dose of badass just from the exhaust design alone.

      It is not all looks. McLaren shaved 160 pounds off the 570S. That is absurd. This is a company that takes power to weight seriously. The 600LT in theory might come in under 3000 pounds in the US if crash regulations do not force extra weight upon it.

      Power is bumped to the 600 horse range mostly through new tuning and the revised exhaust system. It will be plenty fast with horsepower on tap through tuning should one want it.

      It is impossible not to be a McLaren fan at this point. They are blowing everyone else away and doing everything right.
















      This article was originally published in forum thread: The McLaren 600LT is a lighter, sharper, hardcore, and stunning take on the 570 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        in this new advanced technology forced induction era, power is much easier to add/increase than ever before. Sure there were turbo and supercharged cars before, however they didnt have as much technology for example, direct injection allows for a leaner burn, you get more power and more efficiency with a leaner burn. But it takes advanced management to monitor it.

        The issue we have now, in my humble opinion, is that cars have become excessively large and heavy. Due in part to safety regulations but also due to luxury and convenience demands of consumers. We want navigation systems, climate control, electric windows, locks, sunroofs, exhaust, basically we want everything done by the flick of a switch.

        McLaren has picked up on this horrible trend and made the investment in designs that use generous amounts of carbon fiber to fight weight. Cheers to them. I hope the rest of the automotive world follows.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        direct injection allows for a leaner burn, you get more power and more efficiency with a leaner burn. But it takes advanced management to monitor it.
        You know it's not direct injected, right?
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        It was a generic example of new and improved technology that we have now versus what we had in previous turbo eras..... I wasn’t referring specifically to mclaren having direct injection because they don’t, relax.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        It was a generic example of new and improved technology that we have now versus what we had in previous turbo eras..... I wasn’t referring specifically to mclaren having direct injection because they don’t, relax.
        I never relax when I see the chance to point out direct injection is overrated,
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge you’re a nut

        i would agree that for performance cars the best setup is a dual injection setup. ford has had a dual injection setup that runs the port injection all the time, even if it’s only 5% at higher loads/rpms. The idea there is that it’s always washing the deposits off the valves. As a result, Ford, has a much lower number of carbon deposit complaints from consumers. Use DI for most of the power because it’s 20% more efficient that PI, but keep PI to keep things clean in the engine.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge you’re a nut

        i would agree that for performance cars the best setup is a dual injection setup. ford has had a dual injection setup that runs the port injection all the time, even if it’s only 5% at higher loads/rpms. The idea there is that it’s always washing the deposits off the valves. As a result, Ford, has a much lower number of carbon deposit complaints from consumers. Use DI for most of the power because it’s 20% more efficient that PI, but keep PI to keep things clean in the engine.
        It's also why the 2.5 TFSI is so impressive. Dual-injection is the way to go but if I had to have one or the other for a performance car, port injection all day.
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        I have a deposit on one. What do you guys think:
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
        I have a deposit on one. What do you guys think:
        I thought you wanted a 991.2 GT3?

        The first one.
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I thought you wanted a 991.2 GT3?

        The first one.
        Yes, still do. The GT3 is arriving next month. The 600LT should arrive in December.

        Both should compliment each other nicely. Click here to enlarge

        I cant see my attachment. Which was the first one?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
        I cant see my attachment. Which was the first one?
        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
        Yes, still do. The GT3 is arriving next month. The 600LT should arrive in December.

        Both should compliment each other nicely.
        Indeed.

        I'm not jealous. At all.

        Congrats! Looking forward to the GT3 impressions.
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Indeed.

        I'm not jealous. At all.

        Congrats! Looking forward to the GT3 impressions.
        Haha thanks.

        That color is Saros.