Close

    • Gintani's twin turbo Lamborgini Huracan makes 781 awhp at 8.5 psi on 91 octane pump gas

      You may remember that Gintani was working on a supercharger kit for the Lamborghini Huracan and Audi R8 with a centrifugal blower. Well, that project was scrapped. Why? Because of fitment issues with the supercharger.


      Gintani decided to go the turbo route instead and it is hard to disagree with their choice. Just look at what they are getting out of the Huracan on 91 octane pump fuel:


      To give you some context a stock Huracan will dyno about 49X awhp on a Mustang with a 35X torque figure.

      781 to the wheels with 514 lb-ft of torque at the wheels on only 8.5 psi of boost on 91 octane pump fuel is phenomenal!

      This is tuned on the factory ECU as well.

      How much will this setup cost? Stay tuned to BoostAddict.com to find out.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Gintani's twin turbo Lamborgini Huracan makes 781 awhp at 8.5 psi on 91 octane pump gas started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. xShadows's Avatar
        xShadows -
        I remember when they were working on a super charged e92 M3 and then attempted to twin turbo that too.. what's going on there?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
        I remember when they were working on a super charged e92 M3 and then attempted to twin turbo that too.. what's going on there?
        Nothing? They supercharged M3's back in 2009. They have twin turbo kits too.

        Not sure what you mean.
      1. xShadows's Avatar
        xShadows -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Nothing? They supercharged M3's back in 2009. They have twin turbo kits too.

        Not sure what you mean.
        Just some $#@! talking about when your car is going to be finished up. lol.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
        Just some $#@! talking about when your car is going to be finished up. lol.
        Not too long I don't think. Just going to be a 'mild' supercharged M3 with an E85 tune.

        Should be fun.
      1. xShadows's Avatar
        xShadows -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not too long I don't think. Just going to be a 'mild' supercharged M3 with an E85 tune.

        Should be fun.
        Hm.. thought you went the TT route. Either way, I can't wait to see some more footage of it. Sounded so good in that last video of saw of it revving at some show.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
        Hm.. thought you went the TT route. Either way, I can't wait to see some more footage of it. Sounded so good in that last video of saw of it revving at some show.
        Yeah that was a long time ago.

        I'm just wrapping it up with a reliable package and if someone else wants to TT and go nuts they can be my guest.

        I'd rather just get an exotic than play with BMW's.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        TT is just the way to go for these rear engine cars. Ive been eyeing an R8 V10 lately for myself and having ACF build a TT kit for it.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        To give you some context a stock Huracan will dyno about 49X awhp on a Mustang with a 35X torque figure.

        781 to the wheels with 514 lb-ft of torque at the wheels on only 8.5 psi of boost on 91 octane pump fuel is phenomenal!


        8.5 / 14.7 = .578

        .578 + 1 = 1.578

        1.578 * 495= 781

        Math checks out. Not sure what else would be expected.



      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge


        8.5 / 14.7 = .578

        .578 + 1 = 1.578

        1.578 * 495= 781

        Math checks out. Not sure what else would be expected.



        It's an incredible amount of power for 91 octane and 8.5 psi.... Easily over 800 on a Dynojet.
      1. gzim335's Avatar
        gzim335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not too long I don't think. Just going to be a 'mild' supercharged M3 with an E85 tune.

        Should be fun.
        might be a mild setup but its lethal af lol
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
        might be a mild setup but its lethal af lol
        Yep! Basically a copy of yours.

        I'll have to beat up on some N54's Click here to enlarge
      1. VF-Engineering's Avatar
        VF-Engineering -


        The twin-turbo manufacturers club seems to be getting larger
        and larger by the week! Membership is up to at least 23 "notable"
        builders now.

        Bummed! We were actually looking forward to finally seeing some
        results with a centrifugal setup.





      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VF-Engineering Click here to enlarge


        The twin-turbo manufacturers club seems to be getting larger
        and larger by the week! Membership is up to at least 23 "notable"
        builders now.

        Bummed! We were actually looking forward to finally seeing some
        results with a centrifugal setup.





        It's getting insanely competitive, that is for sure!

        They are pricing this pretty aggressively though...
      1. VF-Engineering's Avatar
        VF-Engineering -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's getting insanely competitive, that is for sure!

        They are pricing this pretty aggressively though...


        $20K seems to be the "bro deal" for new guys trying to break into the
        TT game and snatch up local market share.

        (at least for Stage 1 level power w/ stock clutch packs)

        We know because we get all the "would you match that" phone calls.