Close

    • Ghassan Automotive (falsely) claims highest output stock internal N54 with 828 whp pull without any proof whatsoever

      How in the world do you claim an output record without even posting the dynograph? If it was not bad enough tuners were fighting over Dynojet vs. Dynocom output records now we have a tuner claiming a record without even posting a graph of the supposed record to begin with and making up their own equations to get there.


      First of all, this is not the stock internal N54 record. It is not anywhere near it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ghassan Automotive
      828WHP on a 100% stock #bmw #n54 motor, 30 psi of boost via a 7274 #borgwarner#turbo, #aem #infinity #stand #alone, #aeromotive #fuel #system #pi #only #e100. When the solid 9inch and big tires are considered, this would technically be the highest horsepower stock n54 in the world.
      The record is 861 rear wheel horsepower according to BimmerBoost's database: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?5890-New-N54-335-record-861whp

      Maybe someone is even hitting higher output but the fact is 828 on a Dynocom is not even close. Claiming to have the highest horsepower stock N54 without even posting the graph and making up your own math to get it is bogus.


      Is it true this 9-inch rear end and 'big' tires have higher drivetrain losses than the stock setup? Sure. But what matters is what gets to the tires.

      You would have to grant absurdly high drivetrain losses to inflate crank horsepower in order to claim the highest output. Well over the 15% loss classic Dynojet rule of thumb figure. Regardless, this is a pointless assertion to make as you can just keep increasing the loss percentage until you get your 'record' number.


      It doesn't work that way Ghassan. No serious tuner would claim a record with invented math. Not only does he not specify the loss figure he is operating with, he does not specify what that figure is adding up to. In other words, a load of BS.

      Furthermore, we already went over the whole Dynocom vs. Dynojet debacle. Prove the output on a Dynojet or it just shows you are fishing for numbers to try to impress people who do not know any better. At the very least actually start with posting a graph of your dyno run.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghassan Automotive (falsely) claims highest output stock internal N54 with 828 whp pull without any proof whatsoever started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 45 Comments
      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        Everyone is buying this because, there are a lot of fools for this platform.. We are calculating lmaooo, not to mention, no dyno graph whatsoever
      1. GhassanAutomotive's Avatar
        GhassanAutomotive -
        I'd post the Dyno graph here but my account with this forum is too new, I'd be more than happy to share it with anyone who asks, you guy PM me. Not sure why all the hate, you can easily get ahold of me via phone, text, facebook/Instagram messages, email, mail, visit me in person. All our information is publicly displayed on our website. I'd rather have a constructive conversation here for the sake of the platform. Not sure why are you guys attacking our company.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        I'd post the Dyno graph here but my account with this forum is too new, I'd be more than happy to share it with anyone who asks, you guy PM me. Not sure why all the hate, you can easily get ahold of me via phone, text, facebook/Instagram messages, email, mail, visit me in person. All our information is publicly displayed on our website. I'd rather have a constructive conversation here for the sake of the platform. Not sure why are you guys attacking our company.
        It is not an attack but valid criticism.

        You did not answer how you are arriving at your loss figure or what you are calculating your output as.

        It is customary to post a graph when making a claim and you did not. I can’t find it on your website or social media pages.

        It is your job to prove your claim.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhassanAutomotive Click here to enlarge
        I'd post the Dyno graph here but my account with this forum is too new, I'd be more than happy to share it with anyone who asks, you guy PM me. Not sure why all the hate, you can easily get ahold of me via phone, text, facebook/Instagram messages, email, mail, visit me in person. All our information is publicly displayed on our website. I'd rather have a constructive conversation here for the sake of the platform. Not sure why are you guys attacking our company.
        As you can only post once per day, you can email the graph to admin@boostaddict.com
      1. e93asbsecu's Avatar
        e93asbsecu -
        Lol

        Great job Ghassan - pushing the platform forward always brings out the haters.

        Looking forward to even higher numbers.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e93asbsecu Click here to enlarge
        Lol

        Great job Ghassan - pushing the platform forward always brings out the haters.

        Looking forward to even higher numbers.
        Reading and basic math just aren’t your things, eh?
      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        This is the problem with this platform, somebody criticizes a vendor for lack of proof and every gullible bystander that's on their nutsack defend them. Most of those bystanders are just watching. Imagine if UGR says based off of our calculations this twin turbo lambo will hit 300 mph
      1. SJ_1989's Avatar
        SJ_1989 -
        I'm not in the "PI only FTW" camp or "DI or bust" camp because I don't know enough about engines or tuning, it's not my background. Call me a bystander. Should he have posted a dyno graph and logs to support that claim, sure. Does he have to, no. Will it hurt his reputation, maybe, but that's his own business decision.

        Regardless if the PI only is a flop like Tony says, it will hopefully show that the platform is starting to push the limits further and a better control system is needed. That's my hope anyway.

        That said, I want to see the data so I can make my own decision.
      1. jputtho2's Avatar
        jputtho2 -
        Dang, 4 years comes and goes so quickly.

      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        If you're going to claim a world record, ya you kinda have too.... Dynocoms read higher anyways. This is a bit comical, based off calculations we technically have the world record lol... I can see why other platforms laugh at us.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Graph was sent:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. ZANMANWP's Avatar
        ZANMANWP -
        Jesus Christ, this has got to be the saddest, pettiest post i have seen,ever. Who ever wrote it needs to go wash the sand out their pussy. Peace.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZANMANWP Click here to enlarge
        Jesus Christ, this has got to be the saddest, pettiest post i have seen,ever. Who ever wrote it needs to go wash the sand out their pussy. Peace.
        How in the hell did you write my exact response to your post?
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way but i think stock internal records are stupid, we all know engines can run on the ragged edge and make more and more power, but just because it survives a dyno pull at that power doesnt mean the car can even close to reliably repeat that power. My M6 made 727whp and 804wtq on the dyno, that was the one and only time i ran it at that power setting because i knew the rods would bend or worse. So did I have a 727whp car??
      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way but i think stock internal records are stupid, we all know engines can run on the ragged edge and make more and more power, but just because it survives a dyno pull at that power doesnt mean the car can even close to reliably repeat that power. My M6 made 727whp and 804wtq on the dyno, that was the one and only time i ran it at that power setting because i knew the rods would bend or worse. So did I have a 727whp car??
        They aren't so stupid for newer platforms but a platform like an n54 that's known to have performed well for years, it's pointless now to try to beat the record specially with a turbo that's much bigger. Truth is running 800whp on stock engine will not last long what so ever.
      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        How in the hell did you write my exact response to your post?
        EPIC!!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way but i think stock internal records are stupid
        Yes and no. Stock internal records limit the playing field somewhat.

        Forged internals can mask a bad tuner simply because the parts are better able to take abuse.

        If you have one tuner extracting quite a bit, safely, over another on stock internals it displays greater ability.

        Tuning evolves on a platform as well. Have we forgotten early N54 tuning? 330 whp on the stock turbos at one time was considered 'good power' from a 335i.

        What about the S54? Supposedly they were made out of glass but now they are topping 900 wheel on the stock internals: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....urbo-dyno-pull

        So, no, stock internal records aren't stupid as they provide a somewhat level playing field as tuners are working with the same canvas but due to the nature of car tuning some will use correction factors, or glory pulls, or whatever, to claim records which muddies the waters.

        Ever notice how those 7XX and 8XX stock internal N54's never seem to run that power anywhere other than the dyno? A skilled tuner can even extract way more power on the dyno than in the real world application. The reality is 8XX stock internal N54's actually running the output they are making on the street/strip won't last. They better stick to the dyno.

        Look at what a skilled tuner got out of the S55 on the factory internals and stock crank hub: https://www.bimmerboost.com/content....a-812-whp-pull

        That torque curve doesn't ramp in because the turbos lag but to preserve the rods. That tuner is making more power than anyone else while the tuners who can't say you need to upgrade the rods at 6XX. No, they need to upgrade their tuning skills.

        It is in this sense that stock internal records can tell us quite a bit about the tuner and platform.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        LOL, I have never seen anyone use STD on a dynocom. As we all know SAE read 15-20% high on them, so what does STD read? 25% higher maybe. Joe, I know you hate the other place, but the dyno standard they have set eliminates any of this garbage. This is like 700-750WHP on a dynojet if that. Literally. Yes, I used my one post for this, and proud of it. I used to back these guys, but they have figured out how to feed the social media monster bogus claims and stoke the fire. Reminds me of Motiv...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Joe, I know you hate the other place, but the dyno standard they have set eliminates any of this garbage.
        I set the standards here and when dynographs.com goes live you will see how I set it up (and why it cost so much and took so long). Anyone else is irrelevant.

        I can't stop someone from claiming a record that is false but I can certainly call it into question and I certainly don't have to recognize or legitimize it.

        You will be pleased with the database which reflects who has what record.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        This is like 700-750WHP on a dynojet if that. Literally.
        I agree with you completely. I'd like to see this on a Dynojet.

        This should be questioned and that is exactly what I did. For some reason, asking about math and not blindly accepting facebook posts is 'hating' now.
      1. Deen@streetkingimports's Avatar
        Deen@streetkingimports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        LOL, I have never seen anyone use STD on a dynocom. As we all know SAE read 15-20% high on them, so what does STD read? 25% higher maybe. Joe, I know you hate the other place, but the dyno standard they have set eliminates any of this garbage. This is like 700-750WHP on a dynojet if that. Literally. Yes, I used my one post for this, and proud of it. I used to back these guys, but they have figured out how to feed the social media monster bogus claims and stoke the fire. Reminds me of Motiv...
        Are you going to place another bet Tony? Haha just teasing.