Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

SSP DSG VW R32 Monster!

Not dynoed yet, but here are some pics of our R32 Build. Full Exhaust, Turbo, Transmission Build Etc etc...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HPA Turbo kit? that is a nice looking r32. sigh....
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4 inch exhaust?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wouldnt want to run into that vw
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    4 inch exhaust?
    yes, Ive seen this build before but i cant seem to find the videos on it.

it sound crazy, i can say it is in a league of hpf m3's
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Videos please! Can I get a pm of how much this whole project costs - labor...
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    engine-
    3.2l with JE 9:1 pistons (stock bore)
    S/S head spacer as well, bringing the comp ratio to around 6.5:1
    Integrated Engineering forged rods w/ARP hardware
    ARP mains studs
    Racewear head studs
    low temp t-stat
    custom aluminum rad/ SPAL fan set up, running SPAL Pulse Width Modulated to 12v convertor to work with OEM harness/ controls
    Schrick 272/264 cam shaft combo, w/ Supertech titanium valvetrain
    C2motorsports/ PAG parts turbo manifold
    Precision PTB300 ceramic ball bearing turbo
    4" custom turbo back
    900cc injectors, with retrofitted mk4 gen R32 fuel system with return to tank (vs the OEM single feed from the OEM fuel filter)
    Bosch 044 motorsport fuel pump
    Snow Performance stage3 water methanol kit w/ 350hp primary/ 600 secondary jets plumbed into the intercooler piping
    C2motorsports front mount intercooler kit
    PRO-M 4" maf
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Forge Godzilla divertor valve

I think thats all of it? We reached 574hp/ 460trq at 22psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who did the turbo and tuning?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    United Motorsport/ Jeff Atwood handled the tuning

We did the rest.

Steve c
    South Side Performance
    Sales and Marketing
    Steve@sspperformance.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well it's pretty damn impressive.

You guys built the motor and did the turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That has to be the laggiest car ever 6.5.1? why 9.1 is perfect compression for forced induction that ss head spacer is to lower the stock compression to 9.1
    most porsche and evo guys that build high hp turbo motors are all doing 10.1 now a days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hrmmmy
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    That has to be the laggiest car ever 6.5.1? why 9.1 is perfect compression for forced induction that ss head spacer is to lower the stock compression to 9.1
    most porsche and evo guys that build high hp turbo motors are all doing 10.1 now a days
    Hmm, you raise a good point. I wonder why they use a head spacer with low compression pistons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on a 3.2l with that turbo and compression that would have to run 28 psi to see 500whp wtf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome build! Love the R32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Serious Concerns

I have serious concerns with this thread. Let me elaborate:

1. This is my R32. Search for Zevion Stage 4 on GolfMkV.com forum.

2. The car was built by Further Performance in Minneapolis and not SSP as claimed here.

3. The tuning was done by Jeff Attwood of United Motorsports

4. SSP promised a clutch pack solution. The car was returned 4 months later with nothing.

5. SSP returned the car and installed some R&D clutches onsite at Further Performance that did not work.

6. SSP promised to return the following week and try a new set of R&D clutches. Further Performance had removed the DSG the night before and was ready for SSP to show up. They didn't and did not contact us either. FP installed stock clutches that same day because we had to drive the car from Minneapolis to Georgia for the SoWo show a couple of days later.

7. I have heard nothing back. Including the CNC parts that were also promised to arrive. I can't think of ONE promise they fulfilled.

So at this point I am extremely disappointed with SSP. And the fact that they have the crazy nerve to take claim for a 2.5 year R&D effort and build done by SOMEONE ELSE.

SSP, help me understand this, because I am at a loss.

Right now, I'd just like them to come through with the other two DSG R&D clutch packs they said they would try. I was promised this, I loaned a car to them for months and a spare DSG to help them do the R&D and I got NOTHING.

Are they reputable? If they are, then they should MAKE GOOD on their word. I was VERY straight forward with them and I got punished. Also the lies in this thread need to be corrected.

Now, as for loosening three down pipe V-clamps and the upper and lower wastegate bolts and not tightening them back up, well thats a story for another day.
    Last edited by zevion; 06-06-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zevion Click here to enlarge
    I have serious concerns with this thread. Let me elaborate:

1. This is my R32. Search for Zevion Stage 4 on GolfMkV.com forum.

2. The car was built by Further Performance in Minneapolis and not SSP as claimed here.

3. The tuning was done by Jeff Attwood of United Motorsports

4. SSP promised a clutch pack solution. The car was returned 4 months later with nothing.

5. SSP returned the car and installed some R&D clutches onsite at Further Performance that did not work.

6. SSP promised to return the following week and try a new set of R&D clutches. Further Performance had removed the DSG the night before and was ready for SSP to show up. They didn't and did not contact us either. FP installed stock clutches that same day because we had to drive the car from Minneapolis to Georgia for the SoWo show a couple of days later.

7. I have heard nothing back. Including the CNC parts that were also promised to arrive. I can't think of ONE promise they fulfilled.

So at this point I am extremely disappointed with SSP. And the fact that they have the crazy nerve to take claim for a 2.5 year R&D effort and build done by SOMEONE ELSE.

SSP, help me understand this, because I am at a loss.

Right now, I'd just like them to come through with the other two DSG R&D clutch packs they said they would try. I was promised this, I loaned a car to them for months and a spare DSG to help them do the R&D and I got NOTHING.

Are they reputable? If they are, then they should MAKE GOOD on their word. I was VERY straight forward with them and I got punished. Also the lies in this thread need to be corrected.

Now, as for loosening three down pipe V-clamps and the upper and lower wastegate bolts and not tightening them back up, well thats a story for another day.
    I would say this is disconcerting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I e-mailed this thread to SSP.

I am concerned as they have had my transmission and car for a very long time now and then I see this. I have been incredibly patient as I know this type of work takes time..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this doesnt sound good...hope it gets cleared up. Posting so I get the notifications.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope I'm an isolated case, and I'm only stating the facts which I can back. But SSP needs to make it right. Just on the basis that they are claiming the entire build is concerning. I can post as much evidence as required. Wasn't wanting to make anyone worry, just to right some wrongs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zevion Click here to enlarge
    I hope I'm an isolated case, and I'm only stating the facts which I can back. But SSP needs to make it right. Just on the basis that they are claiming the entire build is concerning. I can post as much evidence as required. Wasn't wanting to make anyone worry, just to right some wrongs.
    I appreciate you sharing your perspective and experience, certainly.

I understand, let's see what happens here.

4 months may not have been enough time, they have had my transmission for over a year now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    edited. nevermind. sucks people are dishonest....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No one from SSP intentionally said that we built your car. A new salesman made a mistake about how to list this project. I asked him personally edit his post about this matter.

Yes, it takes time to make custom parts for any car. I have come thru with every promise that we have made. We personally picked up your car for this project. I came over a weekend to start test fitting different clutch setups with Further Performance. I had to personally cancel our second appointment due to family issues. Working with the guys at Further Performance was really great. They have first hand experience with these cars.

The CAD engineering and machining is still in the works. We test every part to the limit before we release it.

These products will be available shortly for you and the public.

If you want to know the status of this project, you should have just picked up the phone and asked. I always answer my phone.

SSP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    No one from SSP intentionally said that we built your car. A new salesman made a mistake about how to list this project. I asked him personally edit his post about this matter.

Yes, it takes time to make custom parts for any car. I have come thru with every promise that we have made. We personally picked up your car for this project. I came over a weekend to start test fitting different clutch setups with Further Performance. I had to personally cancel our second appointment due to family issues. Working with the guys at Further Performance was really great. They have first hand experience with these cars.

The CAD engineering and machining is still in the works. We test every part to the limit before we release it.

These products will be available shortly for you and the public.

If you want to know the status of this project, you should have just picked up the phone and asked. I always answer my phone.

SSP
    Thanks for addressing this Kris.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like someone has some explaining to do

*someone did some explaining Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast