Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

1100 whp Evo 8.4 @ 168...

I dont understand how this little engine can do this much damage. 2.3liter 4cylinder engine with a jet turbo pretty much hahah

how does the awd tranny hold that power
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The guys that tune my car and made my turbo kid built this car about 4 years ago:

Im not 100% sure but when AMS ran that time i think they had a custom built dogbox but dont quote me on that..

also, 100000 Internet points to the first person who recognizes that dyno! The car ended up making 1117whp with a different turbo and as far as i know it might still have the record for the highest hp 2.0L evo but again dont quote me on that lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    evos are intense! they're still so expensive and ugly. if the interior was better and it was a 6 speed, i would consider it..
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    evos are intense! they're still so expensive and ugly. if the interior was better and it was a 6 speed, i would consider it..
    You can get them in 6 speeds and the seats are comfy as hell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    get a mr 6 speed with the black leather recaros. and ps the 5 speed is better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5 speed is the way to go for the 1/4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to respect the speed, but at the end of the day you're still driving a $16k car with sporty seats. Just not a daily driver imho
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    You have to respect the speed, but at the end of the day you're still driving a $16k car with sporty seats. Just not a daily driver imho
    an evo is not 16 grand. evos still are round 24-35 grand USED! from the evo8 till evoX they're still $#@!ing expensive not worth it IMO
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    an evo is not 16 grand. evos still are round 24-35 grand USED! from the evo8 till evoX they're still $#@!ing expensive not worth it IMO
    I mean you are still driving a Lancer, which is $15,995 base MSRP on the Mitsubishi website at the moment. I feel a lot of details suffer when that is your starting point. If you go dirrectly from a Evo to a STI in my opinion there is an obvious quality difference ($25,495 MSRP base WRX).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What AMS has done is nothing to sneeze at, but

THIS is truly impressive:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1575817

Supposedly, they are looking for 2000whp out of 2.0 liters. and full boost before 7 k with a 13,000 rpm redline.

So, getting 700whp/L from 2.0L @ 8500rpm is no small feat, but what do you need if you get bored and want to shoot for 2000whp?

Cast Garrett compressor wheels (right) tend to come apart above 50 psi. CNC billet aluminum wheels (middle) are stronger, but why not be different and use your own CNC billet titanium (left) compressor?
    Click here to enlarge

You'll need a turbo big enough for the job, which in this case is a 108mm twinscroll T4 turbo, with custom quad ball bearing CHRA and 100psi capability.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

To get enough airflow at 12,000rpm(!) to get the job done, you'll need a skillfully ported head, complete with titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And you're going to need a set of camshafts to handle the rpm and withstand tremendous ramp pressures, so why not a set of hollow titanium billets with DLC at only 234 grams each?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And since there is no aftermarket rod up to the task, just ask for a set of billet mmcs-titanium connecting rods at 286g each. Rod/Stroke ratio is 2.07:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

For pistons, a set of custom beryllium pistons with DLC fits the bill, and since methanol is the fuel, 13:1 SCR is fine:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

A strong piston pin is needed as well:

Click here to enlarge

Toss in a custom titanium billet crank:

Click here to enlarge

A set of 9000cc/min injectors:

Click here to enlarge

And since a factory 4G63 block probably wouldn't hold up, just CNC machine your own from billet aluminum:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

No head gasket is used:

Click here to enlarge

And to put all that power to the gearbox, one needs a suitable multiplate clutch:

Click here to enlarge

Yes, it is smaller than a cam gear:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

An example of very efficient turbo manifold design from one of their recent projects:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And last but not least, a dynosheet from this car, running 'only' 48psi and hydraulic cams:

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by rt turbo; 02-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean you are still driving a Lancer, which is $15,995 base MSRP on the Mitsubishi website at the moment. I feel a lot of details suffer when that is your starting point. If you go dirrectly from a Evo to a STI in my opinion there is an obvious quality difference ($25,495 MSRP base WRX).
    No, its entirely different. Kinda an ignorant statement here. I have owned one, and it barely shares anything from the regular lancers (or anything that TRUE gearheads care about) . The Evo is and has always been a better platform than the STI. There is not much more to say here because clearly you dont know much about them for me to attempt to educate.
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    No, its entirely different. Kinda an ignorant statement here. I have owned one, and it barely shares anything from the regular lancers (or anything that TRUE gearheads care about) . The Evo is and has always been a better platform than the STI. There is not much more to say here because clearly you dont know much about them for me to attempt to educate.
    Yes I have not owned one, but I have friends that have both and I have ridden in them enough times to consider myself, at a minimum, not ignorant. Back to the point though I was not saying anything about performance, but merely the ability to be daily driven and still enjoy the car. I thought I was pretty clear that I was just giving my opinion, but no offense was meant, or animosity asked for.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I have not owned one, but I have friends that have both and I have ridden in them enough times to consider myself, at a minimum, not ignorant. Back to the point though I was not saying anything about performance, but merely the ability to be daily driven and still enjoy the car. I thought I was pretty clear that I was just giving my opinion, but no offense was meant, or animosity asked for.
    Liking it to another completely different car by saying: "but at the end of the day you're still driving a $16k car with sporty seats" is going to make many sound off... Just FYI.

Personally, I found it to be one of the most enjoyable cars Ive ever owned. But its not for everyone I guess.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, ive seen that build before. that $#@! is no joke. but i mean you cant really expect anything less from a whole custom kit, the only thing original is the tranny lol. you have a whole custom block, custom engine specs custom cams everything lol. whoever made this really was an engineer and knew what they were getting htemselves into. its an art to see something so powerful like that. 100 psi. $#@!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is just stupid fast.

Now someone explain to me why other 4 cylinders can't seem to do this. 2.0t's get nowhere near this (direct injection holding them back?) and the evo motor just seems to be in a league of its likely because of all the development that motor has seen.

This is the old motor right? Not the new design?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Now someone explain to me why other 4 cylinders can't seem to do this. 2.0t's get nowhere near this (direct injection holding them back?) and the evo motor just seems to be in a league of its likely because of all the development that motor has seen.

Correct this is the 4G63 not the new 4B11T....

Not sure, Honda motors are up there as well in power... maybe not quite to the level of the Extreme Tuners guys that RT posted but they are going fast at the track.... Those parts RT posted = in the range of $100000+... that crank iirc was $20K+, the block was some stupid number too lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

4g63 has been out for ages. Not to mention it came from Japan and there is a huge cult following behind all of the EVOs, Eclipses, Talons, ect. (all 4g63 variants)

PLUS, Mitsubishi doesn't try nearly as hard as BMW/VW to block people from tuning, and that motor layout is just BEGGING to be modded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

it's a simple design. iron block that's fairly square, forged crank, good flowing head....and that just the stock engine, add to that forged pistons ,billet rods and a giant turbo pushing 40+PSI till 9K RPM with enough fuel to send a man to the moon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black e Click here to enlarge
    it's a simple design. iron block that's fairly square, forged crank, good flowing head....and that just the stock engine, add to that forged pistons ,billet rods and a giant turbo pushing 40+PSI till 9K RPM with enough fuel to send a man to the moon.
    13k rpm* Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Insane!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    Correct this is the 4G63 not the new 4B11T....

Not sure, Honda motors are up there as well in power... maybe not quite to the level of the Extreme Tuners guys that RT posted but they are going fast at the track.... Those parts RT posted = in the range of $100000+... that crank iirc was $20K+, the block was some stupid number too lol
    Indeed, $100,000+ easily.

There was a Honda build like this based off the GSR motor that was super-sized to a 4.6L block. I dont know what happened to it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to respect those cars. And that build they did cnc'ing their own block.... Just unreal.

We have those cars running low 10's easy here at a mile high. They are insanely quick.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My brother just picked up an EVO X he already has somewhere in the ballpark range of 450whp and the thing feels like a $#@!ing rocket ship!

I really do love EVO's a lot. They handle excellent and can make a $#@! ton of power without having to spend too much money. Would def consider getting one if my brother didnt just pick one up
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black e Click here to enlarge
    Take notes from this guy, he knows a thing or two about evo's! Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge