Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V12Godspeed Click here to enlarge
    I have no clue my man...but It gets spool around 1800rpm with the oem tiny snails. If you could point me to that pogram I would greatly appreciate it. Your build is sick!
    i would think maybe in the 3000rpm range it might spool but thats a guess lol..

Find some 6262's on 2jz's and see how they spool... i mean they are 3.0L I6's which is close to half you motor, so the spool would be close id say... my car lights off around 5500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well its been a while since ive updated this thread...

Car is done and ready to be tuned this week... Will let everyone know how it goes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    Well its been a while since ive updated this thread...

Car is done and ready to be tuned this week... Will let everyone know how it goes Click here to enlarge
    I'm in for more videos!! Click here to enlarge new dyno file too?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Id like to get s dyno Vid, hopefully!

I will have dyno files for sure...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Nice build! I hadn't seen a non BMW build on here before, I might post my RB25 build on here then as it might get some interest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sweet! Can't wait to see it. I'll have to come down when you run at PIR for sure.
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Nice build! I hadn't seen a non BMW build on here before, I might post my RB25 build on here then as it might get some interest.
    There are several non BMW builds, we love all performance cars not just BMW's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Sweet! Can't wait to see it. I'll have to come down when you run at PIR for sure.
    If all goes well tomorrow.. Be there Friday night Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well my car is having some issues... Not sure if its the brand new injectors that dont like me or something else.. spent a few hours tonight $#@!ing around with it and its not working right....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Well my car is having some issues... Not sure if its the brand new injectors that dont like me or something else.. spent a few hours tonight $#@!ing around with it and its not working right....
    Good luck diagnosing it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are the issues
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

In for updates
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

love the car man!! Props for putting the smack down on some really fast cars.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    What are the issues
    Well heres what i have...

We first went out to Street tune the car last week, got cruising dialed in just fine... i like to run it lean for MPG Click here to enlarge (on e85 17's AFR) doesnt have any issues....

So my roomate says do a pull, soon as it switches to the high cam (Vtec) it goes DEAD lean.. i mean like 13-14-15-16 AFR's.. as rpm went up it goto worse.. This was a short 2nd gear pull so it wont hurt anything in such a short pull..

So our first guess was Fuel, since i knew one of my pumps was questionable i got a new one... Put it in, same problem again... so i put a fuel pressure gauge on it thinking maybe it was blocked up somewhere.. no..

Then my roomate and me went out and tried messing with it... anytime it switches to high cam (Vtec) it just goes lean!!!! so for $#@!s we disabled Vtec, well what do you know the $#@!er doesnt have the issue there!... i mean we were adding like 20% fuel at a time and the $#@!er still went lean in vtec... but seemed to work out of vtec...

So a few theory's came out, 1) my brand new injectors have issues lol, 2) Vtec solenoid is $#@!ed up 3) not enough oil pressure for VTEC..

i eliminated #2 tonight...

It COULD be the injectors, but i find it hard to believe but thats next..

But we were also having ECU issues, like the ECU would say Vtec was engaged when it wasent and vice versa... Right now i just have to go one by one.. Kinda bummed tho, i really wanted to race an orange M3 tomorrow night!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

damn dude, have you checked your lambda tables and VE tables? I am assuming you are tuning this yourself, what standalone are you using? The only thing I can think of that would cause this is the computer thinks the motor is still 'stock' after vtec kicks in and goes into closed loop and delivers basically stock fuel levels. Is there a switch in there you didnt flag?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Its not even a True Standalone really lol...

Its called Crome..

We did figure out the issue, it WAS the ECU.. Turns out it is some what of a common issue/glitch with crome...sometimes when you build new maps, they are corrupted and when it switches from low cam to high cam it mechanically does it, but the ECU doesn't.... We dont tune my car on closed loop at all actually, all on Open loop! Seems to be the best way to get some mpg's! haha

All we did was load up my tune from last year with my 1150cc injectors and we were able to make power! In fact we maxed out my 1150's and dual walbros @ 17psi... last year i was making the same power @ 23psi...

Now for the bad news...

The $#@!er broke a valve...

They are "good" valves too... the motor has Supertech valve springs, retainers and valves.... instillation error was not the culprit here.. the Valve just FAILED..

Click here to enlarge

what you are looking at is a Retainer and 2 valve keepers and the valve stem... The valve $#@!in broke/pulled apart...

After the valve broke, the rest of it fell in the cylinder, broke 1 intake valve and tore up the head which is now useless and $#@!ed up that piston which is also useless now... The block is still good, although unless i bore it out some it will always smoke because the cylinder walls are scored pretty good... My only hope is that it didnt take out the turbo... i am really, really hoping it didnt!!! that would really suck...

Pics of the head....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I just melted or bent a valve in my car.... $#@! I hope it does not look like that... it did not make any knocking noises ect. will find out next week... Sorry for your luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

After the valve broke, the rest of it fell in the cylinder, broke 1 intake valve and tore up the head which is now useless and $#@!ed up that piston which is also useless now...
    I'm sorry to hear that man. I broke a valve spring a couple years ago and had concern about it falling into the cylinder but luckily nothing bad happened. Sorry man, that is bad luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah it sucks...

I called Supertech today, sounds like its a rare way for the valve to break ... they want me to send them close up pics of everything for them to look at.. Not like they are gunna buy me a new motor or anything but might give me a deal on springs/retainers i wont take the valves Click here to enlarge

Thankfully the Turbo is still good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

sorry to hear about the valve, that is strange; what was the spring pressure on your valves? Thats irrelevant though, I dont think it was that. Have you ever had the head rebuilt? New valve guides? If the guides dont go in perfectly straight then the valve will be stressed at an angle which can cause failure due to high cycle fatigue.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I called Supertech today, sounds like its a rare way for the valve to break ... they want me to send them close up pics of everything for them to look at.. Not like they are gunna buy me a new motor or anything but might give me a deal on springs/retainers i wont take the valves
    That's a good idea, send them the pics plus it might help them with the product in the future, who knows.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Bummer man! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

damn, valve breaking and screwing up a piston... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    sorry to hear about the valve, that is strange; what was the spring pressure on your valves? Thats irrelevant though, I dont think it was that. Have you ever had the head rebuilt? New valve guides? If the guides dont go in perfectly straight then the valve will be stressed at an angle which can cause failure due to high cycle fatigue.
    ive built heads before, but this one was built by a machine shop...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So new Update here...

Got a motor in her and she is running great as of right now.

Made 644whp/407tq @26psi last week...

Have already put a 180whp 2007 ZX-10 to shame Click here to enlarge....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast