Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No

    Test drove this yesterday - CTS-V

    test drove this yesterday Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ How did you like it? Maybe worthy of its own thread.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Moved to its own thread, some impressions would be good Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    as much as i like coupes, i dont like how they did the ctsv. i think the sean is more sporty looking. its almost like the coupe is a hatchback.. sorry dan, get the sedan..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -199.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    as much as i like coupes, i dont like how they did the ctsv. i think the sean is more sporty looking. its almost like the coupe is a hatchback.. sorry dan, get the sedan..
    Glad you said that ,i couldn't convince myself to say that

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok so I have some really thoughtful impressions.

    Look:
    As LM says, in the pics it looks alot like a hatch and nothing more....honestly, when you see it in person its the EXACT opposite of what I saw. It looks really good to be shaped the way it is. The front is pretty menacing and the back looks sporty as hell....mind you im going from seeing this in person and not from what I initially thought of in the pics. The Interior is really good, MUCH better than the old CTS-V and frankly any other Caddy ever built. The only thing that didnt make much sense was the fact that they have wood AND gloss black trim together in the car.....dunno why. The buttons were decent but u can tell they weren't very thought out as far as design....I like the BMW buttons much better....if they took the ceramic buttons from the 750 then Id be set as far as that goes. The Infotainment system is good(very similar to infiniti) but I still think BMW CIC is better but not by too much....not much delay in inputs but i think i could be improved with a better harddrive system.

    Suspension: THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE REASON IM GETTING THIS CAR. SUPER tight at high speeds and not benz-ish while cruising around. The magnetic ride suspension soaked up ALL the potholes I intentionally went over and clinged to the ground while doing 100+ like an M5. There was no dead spot in the steering at all. Also Very comfortable. The recaros make the difference....even tho the ones i tested rocked back and forth a bit. the car is EASY to kick out if u want but VERY predictable and easy to reel right back in. I see why this can beat an ///M car round the ring.

    POWER: Man for this thing to be fatter than my vert it sure feels more powerful. That LSA motor is nuts and it wasnt even broken into yet. The torque is EVERYWHERE....and this engine is toned down....every gear u have power like how a stg4 n54 would feel like in 3rd....and the whine its intoxicating....just a couple mods (pulley tune and exhaust I feel would make this a force to be reckoned with).....will easily put down that TT370 if the V gets those mods.

    Transmission: I was told on the forums that stock for stock the 6speed is faster but once the V gets a tune the auto seriously wakes the hell up and MOVES....they said its a separate ECU controlling the tranny itself so alot more is easily adjusted with just a tune. So I drove the Auto and noticed what they mean.....at cruising speeds the auto is fine.....at high speeds it really as a hard time keeping up with the shifts.

    Overall:
    i am VERY impressed with the car and will be ordering one as soon as my company finishes their layoffs and im still here Click here to enlarge

    Mine will be Black/black with stain black wheels and yellow calipers Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    Ok so I have some really thoughtful impressions.

    Look:
    As LM says, in the pics it looks alot like a hatch and nothing more....honestly, when you see it in person its the EXACT opposite of what I saw. It looks really good to be shaped the way it is. The front is pretty menacing and the back looks sporty as hell....mind you im going from seeing this in person and not from what I initially thought of in the pics. The Interior is really good, MUCH better than the old CTS-V and frankly any other Caddy ever built. The only thing that didnt make much sense was the fact that they have wood AND gloss black trim together in the car.....dunno why. The buttons were decent but u can tell they weren't very thought out as far as design....I like the BMW buttons much better....if they took the ceramic buttons from the 750 then Id be set as far as that goes. The Infotainment system is good(very similar to infiniti) but I still think BMW CIC is better but not by too much....not much delay in inputs but i think i could be improved with a better harddrive system.

    Suspension: THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE REASON IM GETTING THIS CAR. SUPER tight at high speeds and not benz-ish while cruising around. The magnetic ride suspension soaked up ALL the potholes I intentionally went over and clinged to the ground while doing 100+ like an M5. There was no dead spot in the steering at all. Also Very comfortable. The recaros make the difference....even tho the ones i tested rocked back and forth a bit. the car is EASY to kick out if u want but VERY predictable and easy to reel right back in. I see why this can beat an ///M car round the ring.

    POWER: Man for this thing to be fatter than my vert it sure feels more powerful. That LSA motor is nuts and it wasnt even broken into yet. The torque is EVERYWHERE....and this engine is toned down....every gear u have power like how a stg4 n54 would feel like in 3rd....and the whine its intoxicating....just a couple mods (pulley tune and exhaust I feel would make this a force to be reckoned with).....will easily put down that TT370 if the V gets those mods.

    Transmission: I was told on the forums that stock for stock the 6speed is faster but once the V gets a tune the auto seriously wakes the hell up and MOVES....they said its a separate ECU controlling the tranny itself so alot more is easily adjusted with just a tune. So I drove the Auto and noticed what they mean.....at cruising speeds the auto is fine.....at high speeds it really as a hard time keeping up with the shifts.

    Overall:
    i am VERY impressed with the car and will be ordering one as soon as my company finishes their layoffs and im still here Click here to enlarge

    Mine will be Black/black with stain black wheels and yellow calipers Click here to enlarge

    thats what i was hoping you would say. in person the car probably has more appeal than pics lead you to believe. im glad you like it. im a big fan of the car and would like to see u in it. I know you'll be exstatic to get in one, and the blower sound is much more intoxicating than turbo's, to me anyway. pulley nd tune that sucker and its gota be a beast. eager too see pics of it in your driveway Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    thats what i was hoping you would say. in person the car probably has more appeal than pics lead you to believe. im glad you like it. im a big fan of the car and would like to see u in it. I know you'll be exstatic to get in one, and the blower sound is much more intoxicating than turbo's, to me anyway. pulley nd tune that sucker and its gota be a beast. eager too see pics of it in your driveway Click here to enlarge
    soon enough....i already put down a $5k deposit...just waiting for things to die down at work....Click here to enlarge I hate when management doesnt know what the hell is going on in their own company.....and ill be doing more than just a pulley and tune.....im gonna swat that TT370 when mine is all set up Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    soon enough....i already put down a $5k deposit...just waiting for things to die down at work....Click here to enlarge I hate when management doesnt know what the hell is going on in their own company.....and ill be doing more than just a pulley and tune.....im gonna swat that TT370 when mine is all set up Click here to enlarge

    Dam you guys really have it out for my boy lol I just pissed my pants Click here to enlarge.


    Glad you like the the V can become a beast once you mod it in stock form its no joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    lol...once i mod this thing ill have literally a 200whp advantage to make up for my weight, ive seen what that kit can do against a z06.....trust me it wont be good for the 370.....but back on topic Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    lol, literally just saw the comercial with the cpe, the dark grey, almost my color, commercial, where they are shooting arrows.. yea. the car looks good .. Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, literally just saw the comercial with the cpe, the dark grey, almost my color, commercial, where they are shooting arrows.. yea. the car looks good .. Click here to enlarge
    yup....but u def gotta see it in person....makes a HUGE difference

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    this looks promising with minimal mods.....this was put together by a forum member on the caddy forums, by people with their slips
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    definitely an awesome car when I test drove it. Agree the magnetic shocks do a great job over pot holes and keeping the car planted. And it has such presence in person, I LOVE the look of the coupe
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    seems with Upper/lower pulley, head, cam, tune, slicks, and throttle body this car will do 10s easy....and that all but maybe 5-6k in mods....thats an awesome cost/hp ratio in my eyes

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hi i think you enjoyed the drive... Nice car in color and model.. Looking different...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Those times are very impressive its always good to have a car like that with a very good starting point.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Those times are very impressive its always good to have a car like that with a very good starting point.
    i agree....havent seen a tuned one in person but from what ive been watching they are a force to be reckoned with....

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    o and i left out the best part....cop definitely pulled my ass over just to tell me the coupe was hot...... definitely thought i was getting a ticket...lol

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    what blower comes on these?

    you may want to just hold out on doing major work. depending on s/c used, you could easily just do intake, TB, heat exchanger, headers, and swap blower (with pulley) and tune and have a real monster.

    in the svt world, swapping blowers from stock eaton to KB or whipple (with fuel and tune) was worth 100rwhp on same boost...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -199.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    with Stroker unit , KB Supercharger , Intake , headers ,exhaust .... you will be over 700whp

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    i think im gonna stop at 700whp....anything beyond that on a rwd car i feel is useless hp....id never be able to floor the car ever again without fear of winding up like my vert Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    what blower comes on these?

    you may want to just hold out on doing major work. depending on s/c used, you could easily just do intake, TB, heat exchanger, headers, and swap blower (with pulley) and tune and have a real monster.

    in the svt world, swapping blowers from stock eaton to KB or whipple (with fuel and tune) was worth 100rwhp on same boost...
    Comes with an Eaton TVS roots.

    Big gains in efficiency switching to the KB because of it is a twin screw.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Comes with an Eaton TVS roots.

    Big gains in efficiency switching to the KB because of it is a twin screw.

    yep....i think thats why D3 went with a KB setup for their HIGH HP applications

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •