Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: My new car!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    My new car!!!

    New car, 2016 M4 with competition package, sport exhaust, executive package, premium package, smartphone connectivity package, m performance carbon package, high gloss grills, adaptive m suspension, and a few other things? Also I enjoy the colour.

    I drove the car a bit today, it sounds really nice. I enjoyed having the car in sport plus, and hearing the noise. It's not as good as a M Performance Exhaust, which I wanted, but the car that had that was more expensive, and had less options.

    I didn't opt for a 2017 because my phone is too big for the wireless charging station.

    Pretty sure I'm gonna bootmod3 it, so I can have endless burble. and a tcu flash.

    Click here to enlarge

    I pick it up on Friday!
    f82 M4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Points
    1,132.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Rep Points
    1,006.5
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Enjoy in good health! Can't wait to see what you will transform it into...
    Stock 991.2 C2 Manny
    DD e90: MHD+JB4 tuned by Trebila. Old/Do not miss: Stock F82. No launch control needed Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Picked it up today. Oh its wonderful.

    Click here to enlarge

    They had a nice little reveal event, I had fun. I also managed to get a BMW Motorsport coffee mug out of the deal.

    I enjoy the sport exhaust with the competition pack, I just wish it was a hair louder. I might do downpipes. Can anyone confirm that book time on a set of downpipes is 8.2 hours?

    I was thinking about pulling my ECU, it's another 6.5 hours to do according to book time. ?

    Does any of this overlap? probably not.
    f82 M4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    128,700
    Rep Points
    37,020.6
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    371


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    They had a nice little reveal event, I had fun.
    That's pretty cool of them to do!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    I enjoy the sport exhaust with the competition pack, I just wish it was a hair louder. I might do downpipes. Can anyone confirm that book time on a set of downpipes is 8.2 hours?

    I was thinking about pulling my ECU, it's another 6.5 hours to do according to book time. ?

    Does any of this overlap? probably not.
    Doesn't really overlap in labor but that sounds like a lot of hours.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty cool of them to do!



    Doesn't really overlap in labor but that sounds like a lot of hours.
    Yeah for sure, this dealership was nice to deal with. I had quite the pleasant experience.

    Sure does sound like a lot of hours. well, I can have my buddy start in the morning ripping the ECU out, hopefully he's done before noon. I can drive over to Fedex and hopefully get my package out in time that it gets to PTF the next morning. Ideally they work on it that day, and send it back overnight at end of business. While they are unlocking the ECU I could have my friend install the downpipes, and other bits I get, then we get ECU back next day and reinstall it. That way I don't excessively tie up my friends hoist.

    I notice my kickdown is disabled while its breaking in. That is frustrating, but probably for the best. Got another 1500 km to go.

    Honeymoon period, but I like a lot of things that this car does.

    Does anyone know how to turn off the compass feature on the rear view mirror?
    f82 M4

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    128,700
    Rep Points
    37,020.6
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    371


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Sure does sound like a lot of hours. well, I can have my buddy start in the morning ripping the ECU out, hopefully he's done before noon. I can drive over to Fedex and hopefully get my package out in time that it gets to PTF the next morning. Ideally they work on it that day, and send it back overnight at end of business. While they are unlocking the ECU I could have my friend install the downpipes, and other bits I get, then we get ECU back next day and reinstall it. That way I don't excessively tie up my friends hoist.
    Well you certainly don't waste much time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Found a stinker of a deal on some downpipes, along with a BMS Charge pipe. Should be here tuesday, because next day air costs the same as 2 day?

    305/30 R 20 <== Can anyone confirm/deny thats safe to run on the 20" Competition pack rims? I'm thinking of running a michelin pilot 4s.

    Found a very large rock chip on my hood. I'm not impressed. Can't wait to get this thing in for paint correction/protection, then a layer of self healing film.

    Went out for a drive after breakfast this morning to put another 100km on the car. Only 1200km to go before break-in is done supposedly.
    f82 M4

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    128,700
    Rep Points
    37,020.6
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    371


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    305/30 R 20 <== Can anyone confirm/deny thats safe to run on the 20" Competition pack rims?
    What's the width of those rims?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Only 1200km to go before break-in is done supposedly.
    What's taking you so long?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the width of those rims?
    They are a 10" Wide rim from what I've read. 10Jx20 or something to that effect.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's taking you so long?
    Oh I know right. My DP will be here tomorrow. Thursday I have a technician scheduled to install my DP's all day.

    I found out how to disable the interior compass. You need a bloody pin. Stupid bmw.
    f82 M4

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    128,700
    Rep Points
    37,020.6
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    371


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    They are a 10" Wide rim from what I've read. 10Jx20 or something to that effect.
    Pushing it with a 305 then.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Pushing it with a 305 then.
    Yeah so if I want to run a 305, I'll need to find a set of rims that'll let me have 11" wide in the rear, and the standard 9/9.5" front, then find someone to buy my competition pack rims.

    Today I discovered how the overrun works. on the highway I found it out and its absolutely hilarious. Puts a smile on my face every time.
    f82 M4

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    51.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! If you're interested in upgrading from the sport exhaust - we just launched our full Valvetronic Exhaust and we'd be happy to take care of you!
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    179.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Soul Performance Products Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! If you're interested in upgrading from the sport exhaust - we just launched our full Valvetronic Exhaust and we'd be happy to take care of you!
    Hey that's great! I actually got a set of AR Design downpipes for the car. It sounds pretty great with the competition exhaust, and makes enough noise when you want it to.
    f82 M4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •