Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

AC-F N54 billet valve cover teaser

Some cool stuff coming for the N54 shortly from AC-F. Just a teaser of the billet valve cover for now. I'll have more product info to post shortly (right @Payam@BMS?)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll try and get some more details and info on release from @Anthony@ACF so far I know of this:

I'm told it will be made from 6061 from a solid piece of billet. When finished, will weigh less than 18 lbs from a starting block of 184 lbs.

The factory PCV system will be removed in lieu of a baffled pair of -12 orb fittings. They will include a billet oil fill cap and a pair of barb or -12 male fittings. The cover will retain a factory style gasket and hardware. They will offer anodizing in red, blue, yellow, black or green.

Group buy pricing will be in the ~$1500 range, addition options may vary. There will also be an option race catch can if I'm not mistaken for an additional charge.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    ~$1500 range.
    Good god. That's a lot of money for a valve cover.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neuroclast Click here to enlarge
    Good god. That's a lot of money for a valve cover.
    Yea the stock one is 400$ and you can go through two in an ownership... but $1500 is tough. $900 would be no brainer
    2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Inline Walbro|VRSF 7"|Inlets|
    1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
    2001|Chevrolet Camaro| T56 LS1| Bolt-ons| -Sold
    -I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I don't see any reason for this. Heavier and more expensive, for the benefit of... maybe not breaking every 7 years?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I don't see any reason for this. Heavier and more expensive, for the benefit of... maybe not breaking every 7 years?
    Better crank case venting? Some people also like the bling factor.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds to me like he's wasting his time and money with this project. It's a cool idea but why would anyone want to spend $1500 on a billet "valve cover"? That money can be spent on much more useful parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what separates the men from the boys IMHO. This is not really meant for everyone, it will shine for the built motors and the people who want peace of mind with their CC ventilation. Don't like the $1500 pricetag? Just wait for the group buy, it will be a bit cheaper.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I almost guarantee you will pick up horsepower from this valve cover. Removing crank case pressure in almost all racing platforms you pick up horsepower. Some people even run pumps to make it negative pressure. I've seen some big V8's pick up 40hp from it.
    DocRace 6266 - AD-E 650HP Intercooler - MMP Port Injection - 560whp @ 20psi on 93 octane only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what separates the men from the boys IMHO. This is not really meant for everyone, it will shine for the built motors and the people who want peace of mind with their CC ventilation. Don't like the $1500 pricetag? Just wait for the group buy, it will be a bit cheaper.
    Yeah, except you could do the same CCV mods for a stock valvecover and save a fortune. So, more like it will separate the people who want a lot of performance for their money from the people who want a lot of aluminum for their money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is nice but we want the bottom mount kit release infoClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, except you could do the same CCV mods for a stock valvecover and save a fortune. So, more like it will separate the people who want a lot of performance for their money from the people who want a lot of aluminum for their money.
    It's for the people who want a quality piece, peace of mind, aren't cheap, and like to have the best.

That usually isn't N54 owners...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rileyg Click here to enlarge
    This is nice but we want the bottom mount kit release infoClick here to enlarge
    It's coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's for the people who want a quality piece, peace of mind, aren't cheap, and like to have the best.

That usually isn't N54 owners...
    Hey man, you can lie to yourself about the reason for this but you don't have to lie to rest of us LOL. Something that provides very little benefit for $1,500 (15% of the car cost!) Just seems silly. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey man, you can lie to yourself about the reason for this but you don't have to lie to rest of us LOL. Something that provides very little benefit for $1,500 (15% of the car cost!) Just seems silly. Click here to enlarge
    When pushing 800whp+ it can be the difference between keeping your motor alive or dead. To me that is a good gain when you have close to 20k invested at least.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    When pushing 800whp+ it can be the difference between keeping your motor alive or dead. To me that is a good gain when you have close to 20k invested at least.
    Or just tap the stock VC for virtually nothing in comparison. Don't let that stop anyone from paying $1500 to flex on people though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't understand the hate, this is obviously geared towards guys who are shooting for the moon 700+whp. If I went for a built motor and big single the $1500 price tag doesn't seem that bad. Plus the bling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sign me up. I'm stock turbo, but I'd still get one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a cool idea but I would not expect him to have anything done on it for months. When the vendor is not the one posting the tease you have to ask why... It's normally because they started working on something but are not ready to promote it yet due to how far out it is. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    hen the vendor is not the one posting the tease you have to ask why...
    Many vendors send me pics and then have me write up teasers/posts/articles... not everyone is active on the forums like you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Many vendors send me pics and then have me write up teasers/posts/articles... not everyone is active on the forums like you are.
    True... Although in this case I happen to know ACF is working on some other BMS CNC jobs in their queue... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True... Although in this case I happen to know ACF is working on some other BMS CNC jobs in their queue... Click here to enlarge
    So many jobs, so little time. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well in that case do share Terry...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When we're ready to share we will. I'm not shy. Click here to enlarge

But timing is always important and no reason to tease stuff until you have some almost ready to sell.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $1500 for a CNC valve cover is cheap IMO... I would gladly pay the money and not deal with the BS stock plastic VC and PCV system ever again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast