Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Twisted Tuning Tuned N55 Rocking a GTX3583R Gen2 - Quest for 800hp

We Never Stop......Sneak peek at the start of what is shooting for being the first 750+whp (already made 730whp) E-series N55. The year of the N55. Flash only tuning by us here at Twisted Tuning with MHD Flasher from MHD Tuning

DCT/GTX3583R Gen2/Direct Port Meth Injection

#TwistedTuning #BMW #335i #335xi #DCT #MethInjection #MHDFlasher #Horsepower #Torque #e90post #bimmerboost #N55 #Snowperformance #Directport #Carswithoutlimits

Click here to enlarge26psi Log screenshot by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

DCT Rowing through the gear at 27+psi in 6th gear. No Misfires, no problem. GTX3583R Gen2 with Meth

Click here to enlarge27.5psi multi-gear by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Stay Tuned For updates........
    Twisted Tuning
    "Increasing the Area Under the Curve"
    Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
    MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
    www.twistedtuning.com
    www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwistedTuning Click here to enlarge
    DCT Rowing through the gears...
    Paddling* Click here to enlarge

Great work though Justin! Looking forward to seeing that 8xx dyno.
    BIG things coming soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work. Lets see a speedo vid of this thing ripping!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good work but where is the dyno?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge

Exactly or or any proof this car is even n55 haha!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    Paddling* Click here to enlarge

Great work though Justin! Looking forward to seeing that 8xx dyno.
    haha, you right. I'm so used to manual trans lingo. haha. Once everything with the tune is complete numbers will be posted.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
    Great work. Lets see a speedo vid of this thing ripping!
    noted

will be posted when complete. don't you worry.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Newguy123 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly or or any proof this car is even n55 haha!
    seriously?
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    will be posted when complete. don't you worry.
    IIRC you personally dyno'd the VM/ACF N55 Top mount kit and hit some road blocks hitting the bigger numbers? Anything notable that you might think is a difference between the setups? Full e85/PI VS this Meth PI? Interested to see the graph!!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

IIRC you personally dyno'd the VM/ACF N55 Top mount kit and hit some road blocks hitting the bigger numbers? Anything notable that you might think is a difference between the setups? Full e85/PI VS this Meth PI? Interested to see the graph!!
    Made 673whp on 28ish psi (dynojet conversion, as i tuned it on a Mustang) on that car. any issues seen on that car actually stemmed from the JB4 PI control and the JB4 just completely shutting off in the middle of pulls (except a couple boost leaks and power steering leak). but worked through the issues and still made very good numbers. Speaking of, thanks, you just reminded me, i need to contact the new owner. Car changed ownership some time ago.

This car is completely flash only. So i can see EVERYTHING that the DME is doing. Which is one of the main dislikes about tuning high power cars with the JB4. The DI meth is controlled externally and provides plenty of fuel and is a little more consistent in fueling compared to the JB4

For me, DME flash tuning is always going to be my preferred method of tuning outside a full standalone. As i prefer altering ECU programming rather than tricking the ECU with signal altering. Especially as technology moves forward, piggybacks just aren't the best route for controlling these cars when beyond a certain point because of all the logic embedded within the DME to run these cars that a Piggy can't touch but is necessary to properly calibrate. Just my humble but educated opinion. Thanks for your interest Payam.

More info and dynos and etc will be posted in due time for those interested. This thread was basically a teaser thread for whats to come.
    Last edited by TwistedTuning; 09-12-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For me, DME flash tuning is always going to be my preferred method of tuning outside a full standalone. As i prefer altering ECU programming rather than tricking the ECU with signal altering. Especially as technology moves forward, piggybacks just aren't the best route for controlling these cars when beyond a certain point because of all the logic embedded within the DME to run these cars that a Piggy can touch but is necessary to properly calibrate. Just my humble but educated opinion. Thanks for your interest Payam.
    On the tuning front you're always going to want to do as much as you (easily) can with the DME and then utilize an add on system to augment the DME to do everything else you need to do. With the JB4 installed the DME is always doing its thing and if setup appropriately the DME always sees the true/actual boost. The JB4 is just out there to do all the little things you can't easily do flash only. Just like your meth piggyback is doing now. Except, with a much more limited data set. Don't want to beat a dead horse but the JB4 FAQ explains some of what you can do with it in a single turbo environment.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20406

Also worth noting, just the other day we added a new analog input on the JB4 for a low fuel pressure sensor. Something the N55 desperately needed. And now the JB4 will be able to compensate port injection as a function of low fuel pressure to go along with its compensation of ethanol mixture. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS. Congrats on hitting 750whp with an N55! Tony recently spun an N55 crank hub around there so be on the watch for it.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    On the tuning front you're always going to want to do as much as you (easily) can with the DME and then utilize an add on system to augment the DME to do everything else you need to do. With the JB4 installed the DME is always doing its thing and if setup appropriately the DME always sees the true/actual boost. The JB4 is just out there to do all the little things you can't easily do flash only. Just like your meth piggyback is doing now. Except, with a much more limited data set. Don't want to beat a dead horse but the JB4 FAQ explains some of what you can do with it in a single turbo environment.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20406

Also worth noting, just the other day we added a new analog input on the JB4 for a low fuel pressure sensor. Something the N55 desperately needed. And now the JB4 will be able to compensate port injection as a function of low fuel pressure to go along with its compensation of ethanol mixture. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning Click here to enlarge
    not expecting you guys to know this. But like i always say, the JB4 does NOT have the amount of safeties that the factory DME has. Which is why often times i get tickled when people use "safeties" as a selling point for the JB4. Limps modes are some of the HUNDREDS of safeties built into the DME. And yes, there are ways to manipulate when and where these happen. Also, the DME, has the ability to drop boost (load) dynamically as a function of Timing corrections, AFR, Coolant temps, oil temps, and IATS. So my question is, whats the JB4 needed for again?

keep in mind, i am someone who tunes my clients with a mix of solutions to include the JB4. So just know that my opinions of the JB4 are well based in a rather large direct experience pool of work.

Post from another thread. No offense but it boggles my mind still that your JB4 marketing toots safeties that the DME does not have. When you couldnt be more wrong about what the DME has. It's actually quite comical that you really think that out of the 1000+ tables in the DME. That you think the JB4 has more safeties. Whether or not you know how to use them in the dme or not. Let alone find them to use them is beyond me. But they are there. I see them. And use them when necessary.

The only thing the DME doesn't do natively....control meth or PI. Funny thing is I've played with the exhaust flapper pulsing a meth solenoid. And it works pretty good actually. Lol. But anyway.... As stated in the quote. I use the JB4 on MANY customer cars. So my opinion is not blindly placed.

Also....im pretty sure Tony only touched 600whp IN the thread before saying they spun a crank hub. At least that's what the thread said last week or so. But it's been a week. And maybe everything isn't in the thread, but I haven't looked in a while. .
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

And I will say...i truly want to see more power out of that setup. I'm partial to twins
    Twisted Tuning
    www.twistedtuning.com
    twistedtuned@gmail.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Post from another thread. No offense but it boggles my mind still that your JB4 marketing toots safeties that the DME does not have. When you couldnt be more wrong about what the DME has. It's actually quite comical that you really think that out of the 1000+ tables in the DME. That you think the JB4 has more safeties. Whether or not you know how to use them in the dme or not. Let alone find them to use them is beyond me. But they are there. I see them. And use them when necessary.
    Take one of the most basic systems as an example. With N54/N55 flash tuning there is no mechanism to cut boost or limp if AFR wanders up in the 15:1, 16:1 or 18:1 range at full throttle, or if it gets stuck in open loop mode. Nothing to alert in in dash that he is going to nuke his motor. The car will just "feel slow" to the driver and if he's lucky it may throw super-knock codes before it melts down. There is no good mechanism to define a safe boost cap and have the DME shut down boost if that cap is exceeded for more than a certain amount of time. This is just basic stuff, forget the more complex safety systems layered. Like shutting down PI the moment the gas pedal is released or clutch is pressed or when DTC kicks in rather than slowly as manifold boost dwindles down.

If I had the firmware for the DME and could write whatever I want to write obviously I could program all the same safety systems and logic in. But we don't have that firmware and we're limited to whatever logic is within there and currently defined within the XDF files to tune with.

The JB4 can be setup to do as little or as much as we need it to do. The more than can be done via flash only the more we can refocus the JB4 on to other things. The real value in the system is that we can quickly address needs as they come up. Like the low N55 fuel pressure sensor needs, or bank to bank fuel trim variance needs that come up with PI. With PI meth there is a host of shortcomings with how I presume you've implemented it.

But I'm not here to market the JB4. Just to correct your misconception (or wilful ignorance?) that when the JB4 is installed the DME remains in full control of virtually everything tuning related. Tune and promote whatever works best for you and your customers needs. But avoiding the JB4 just means your customers are leaving a lot of functions and features on the table and we're not shy to remind them what they might be missing when we wind up helping them at the track or on forum threads.

PS. And if there is something you need help with on the JB4 just ask. A lot of tuners, not you personally, but I'll hear them say the JB4 is giving them this problem, or that problem, and I eventually look at it and it turns out to be something super simple they just didn't know or understand. A lot of our best features have come from other tuners emailing in with "hey I need the JB4 to do this for me" sorts of ideas. That is where the virtual flex fuel sensor concept came from for example, and the PI cut when clutch is pressed. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 09-08-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    PS. Congrats on hitting 750whp with an N55! Tony recently spun an N55 crank hub around there so be on the watch for it.
    crank hub problem for the E&F series ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    Tony series, going WOT at 1800rpms.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weehe Click here to enlarge
    Tony series, going WOT at 1800rpms.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    E series N54 is good but all N55 (E & F) seem to have the same issue as the S55. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports