Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

BimmerBoost tuning app and support donations

I want to make it clear @trevorlee02 did not ask for any money or compensation.

The work on the BB app for you guys (and the upcoming things that will blow your mind) is a labor of love. It's challenging, it's fun, and it provides the community with the ability to tinker and play with their own car free of charge. It also shows what happens when the resources here are combined.

Trevor deserves most of the credit but those of you behind the scenes that helped (you know who you are) have my personal thanks.

Why should you be milked for wanting to tune your car? It's your car.

Now, @trevorlee02 has put in many of your suggestions and the work is beyond what we could have hoped for. The next version soon to be released will really open some eyes.

Why not throw him a few bucks? Better than giving it to someone who just buys a tune from Europe and resells it at a profit.

If you're into doing things yourself or just want to see more tuning options, shoot him a few bucks.

His Paypal: http://www.paypal.me/eminentsolutionsUS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great idea! Sent a donation over on behalf of BMS. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Great idea! Sent a donation over on behalf of BMS. Click here to enlarge
    Much respect Terry. You still support the little guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump so this doesn't get buried

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bump and small donation sent. Thanks for all the hard work.
    2010 135i, 6MT, VRSF 7"FMIC/VRSF DP's/VRSF Charge Pipe/Stock DVs/Helix Style Hybrid intake/ JB4 E40

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sabre Click here to enlarge
    Bump and small donation sent. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Much appreciated, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heard Terry sent a nice chunk. Classy Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow guys, thanks for this, wasn't positive how I ended up getting notifications from paypal. Thank You!

Just to give a brief update... I've had several ask when the next release will be of the BB App. In order to give an idea as to the changes that I'm doing I will attempt to put it in an easier format that is understandable. I apologize if this comes out wrong or rude, I honestly have more interaction with my laptop these days instead of people...lol.

BB App currently (version 0.0.0.1 thru 2.0)
    Read bin files and write bin files while adding correct checksums to all but 2 locations.

New version
    -Read and write while applying all checksums correctly
    -Tuning or bin modifications from within the app itself - writing a platform for modifying all tables in the bin file in an easy to read and understand format... (no need for tunerpro)
    -Diagnostics function to include registering batteries, programming Alpina or Sport flash, reading all codes, clearing all codes, realigning CAS, DSC programming...etc
    -Logging and recording live data streams with multiple live gauges.
    -Transmission tuning also included with the new tuning interface - change parameters for gear changes, applied pressures, hopefully launch control, and turn off the pesky O2 sensor or other MIL from even registering with the DME...

The program has went from a simple user interface with a few button options with about 15 background pages of coding to currently having over 93 (as of today) pages of coding. Each function requires it's own set of pages with implementation. I'm hoping to have a release out soon that has all of this. Most BMW's will be supported from 2000 thru 2015, as well as some other vehicles you might have in your driveway.... any questions then please ask, I apologize for the delay in getting this out. It is taking about 60-80 hrs a week right now to write this and to make sure it's functional as I go. I've probably bricked my DME about 35 times over the past week while checking functionality. But, every item is being verified before I continue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trevorlee02 Click here to enlarge
    New version
    -Read and write while applying all checksums correctly
    -Tuning or bin modifications from within the app itself - writing a platform for modifying all tables in the bin file in an easy to read and understand format... (no need for tunerpro)
    -Diagnostics function to include registering batteries, programming Alpina or Sport flash, reading all codes, clearing all codes, realigning CAS, DSC programming...etc
    -Logging and recording live data streams with multiple live gauges.
    -Transmission tuning also included with the new tuning interface - change parameters for gear changes, applied pressures, hopefully launch control, and turn off the pesky O2 sensor or other MIL from even registering with the DME...
    Absolutely incredible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Appreciate the time you've all put into this.
    I was searching around, but couldn't find any live links for BB Flash 2.0.

Also not able to find in file system, any thoughts on this?

Edit:
    Just saw the update notes..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    694 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Heard Terry sent a nice chunk. Classy Terry.
    Got to support good causes. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to get a laptop going and try this out. Alpina and logging coming to a neighborhood near you! You are the man Trevor!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AsheL Click here to enlarge
    That is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to get a laptop going and try this out. Alpina and logging coming to a neighborhood near you! You are the man Trevor!
    The crazy thing is there are plans even bigger than this.

When the new version is released you will all be very satisfied. The trans tuning alone is a huge new aspect to explore.

Seriously guys, if there ever was a time where donations were truly earned this is it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For those wondering Trevor and his family are safe. He's close to Houston.

Haven't heard from @V8Bait but hoping he says something soon.

Not sure about our other Texas members but would be great to hear you are safe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, Great work. Cannot wait to see it released. Now what I would love to see.... is a Bimmerboost Web app like bimmerpost but ... obviously better haha.
    Home of the fastest BMW's on the East coast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BPCMotorsports Click here to enlarge
    s a Bimmerboost Web app like bimmerpost but ... obviously better haha.
    I understand. That's a pretty big expense and difficult. Plus I don't have anyone who wants to tackle it as the company that did it for Bimmerpost was 'persuaded' not to do it for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "Other cars you may have in your garage..." I hope one of those may be for the MQB platform! Hope all in Houston are safe!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bumping this for @trevorlee02 as he has had it rough this past month with the hurricane and some other things it is not my place to speak of.

I sent a small donation and I am talking to vendors about discounting turbos in exchange for some advertising benefits as his blew. Guy just has terrible luck yet just keeps pushing forward on the new app for you guys.

If you want to send him a few bucks that would be a nice gesture. At least you know it isn't going to some charity scam but to someone in the community.

His Paypal: http://www.paypal.me/eminentsolutionsUS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @trevorlee02 RB stepped up to offer a nice deal on getting your stockers fixed.

I'll talk to @MM Performance and see if he would be willing to help you out as well.

It comes down to what you want to spend and if you want upgraded turbos or the stock ones fixed/replaced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow man! Personally it doesn't matter at this time either way. I just like the idea of driving my car without smoking everyone out... Of course higher performance turbos are obviously more intriguing, but at this time I dont have the luxury of being picky. I just got to Oklahoma with the family for my wifes grandfathers funeral. Drove up here in my gas saving 2009 Corolla at a max speed of 80...lol. I'd prefer to never make this drive again in this car with my family... So, yeah, whatever is offered I'd most likely take so I can get my car back on the road again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, yeah, whatever is offered I'd most likely take so I can get my car back on the road again.
    When you get back home we'll figure it out. No worries.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty stand up thing Rob did.
    2011 335is DCT, looking for new car friends in Italy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty stand up thing Rob did.
    Respectable for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

@Sticky - I'm back, lots of traveling and family seen, but I'm in the office working again. Thanks for your personal support!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky - I'm back, lots of traveling and family seen, but I'm in the office working again. Thanks for your personal support!
    Happy to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast