Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My new 2012 triple black CTS-V sedan 6MT

I just recently hopped on the American train and bought a 2012 CTS-V Sedan with only 27k miles on it. Triple black (Black paint, black leather, and the black wheel/yellow brembos).

So far it is amazing. So much torque and handles extremely well for being over 4000 lbs.

Mine is the lightest variant you can get, I haven't had it on a scale but is a sedan with a manual, no sunroof, and aftermarket exhaust (which must save more than 50 lbs getting rid of those huge mufflers).

Magnetic ride control is awesome and braking/steering feel is super solid and lots of feedback. It drives and handles way better than my 335i or STI honestly.

It already has some good bolt on mods.
    -Airaid Intake
    -Magnaflow exhaust
    -Lingenfelter 2.55 in upper pulley
    -Fluidyne heat exchanger (for the a2w intercooler)

It makes 13 psi vs the stock 8 psi and it pulls like a freight train from any rpm. That supercharger whine with the intake is addictive. Almost better than hearing a turbo spool...haha

Just did an oil change last night and am sending it off to blackstone for analysis to make sure everything is healthy. Ill try to keep this thread updated as I add more mods.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler
    2005 Infiniti G35 S - drift beater

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Awesome man - congrats! Is t already running E85 too?

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Awesome man - congrats! Is t already running E85 too?

-Rich
    No its not, I definitely want to get the flex fuel sensor but it requires bigger injectors and another tune. Ill get to it eventually but for now will enjoy at the level its at for a bit.
    I am working on getting dashcommand set up with my nexus 7 tablet for custom gauges/logging to make sure knock correction/AFR/IAT2's are all good because I don't know who tuned it (someone in texas).
    Also, with E85 im kinda scared for the stock clutch. People say its good for 700 wtq but some have had it slip sooner. But those were mostly at the drag strip on drag radials and trying to slip it on launch. The stock clutch doesn't like slipping/too much heat.
    The manual transmission is amazing though. Feels way better than the BMW or STI 6 speeds by a lot (double and triple carbon synchros will do that haha).
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Nice! I was shopping CTS-V's and opted for an E90 M3 instead. If i could make the choice again i would have either went CTS-V or C63 AMG. The thought of my s65 puking its guts out because of bearing issues haunts me everyday, and thats even after buying one with the bearings/bolts already changed.

Good luck and happy modding.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Are you just leaving it where it is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Are you just leaving it where it is?
    I'm still getting used to the power haha. I still haven't completely taken the traction control off yet, the thing will spin the tires in 4 gear on the 285 Michelin PSS...
    I just bought new fresh tires which are on the way so Im planning to turn off TC completely to roast the old tires when I have some free time lol. Maybe ill gopro that.

As for mods, I was planning to buy stock and then incrementally add mods but this one already has most of the mods I want.

The only additions in the short/mid term Im planning on will be E85/Flex fuel, bigger injectors, ice tank/reservoir, maybe rear diff cooler if it seems like they need more cooling (they apparently get pretty hot on the track).

The only mods that GM used on CTS-V they used to set the Nurburgring record back in 2009 was 2 piece brake rotors and a rear diff cooler! So they are pretty well sorted from the factory.

In the meantime I am getting Dashcommand set up on my Nexus 7 tablet for custom gauges and datalogging. So far it is pretty sweet. Im working on a mounting setup for the tablet and designing the gauges.
    But I got all the PID values logging last night so I can see knock correction, IAT2 (after supercharger and after intercooler), fuel trims, ignition timing, trans temp, oil temp/pressure, etc etc etc.
    The logs have like 100 PID values and from what I saw last night my tune is rock solid. No knock correction and the heat exchanger is keeping IAT2 in check even after long gear pulls.

Also, I have noticed a huge improvement in the domestic tuning resources. I plan on buying the HPTuners software/cable to be able to modify my tune and there is so much more information for everything in the ECU than German/Japanese cars.

Overall I am super happy with the purchase!
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    Also, I have noticed a huge improvement in the domestic tuning resources. I plan on buying the HPTuners software/cable to be able to modify my tune and there is so much more information for everything in the ECU than German/Japanese cars.
    HPTuners is the way to go.

Glad you're enjoying the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool car for sure, but they are heavy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Newguy123 Click here to enlarge
    Cool car for sure, but they are heavy!
    Yeah not light but mine is definitely the lightest manual/no sunroof.
    It honestly doesn't feel heavy though. Much better handling than the 335i.
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should update your sig btw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just did!
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You going to dyno it at least?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You going to dyno it at least?
    Yeah probably, I am thinking ill get it tuned for E85 at Vengeance and do a baseline with these mods and then with E85.
    Right now from other cars with similar mods I am guessing it is around 550-560whp on 93 oct and with E85 it should be right around 600whp.
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    I am thinking ill get it tuned for E85 at Vengeance and do a baseline with these mods and then with E85.
    That is a great idea. Vengeance is a solid shop from what I've seen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is a great idea. Vengeance is a solid shop from what I've seen.
    Yeah I know this guy Rob Sutton and he lives very near me in ATL. His V is for sale now but it made 1216whp and was build by Vengeance. lol
    Crazy car and a bargain for only $49,999 asking price...built motor over 800whp on just pump gas and 1216whp with big shot of nitrous.

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/71-c...ds-inside.html

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=167535417
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler