Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

335xi custom 50/50 split transfer case

i was at the ATC300 transfer case and i was thinking if i could take the input/rear wheel output shaft and take the clutch out and weld the shaft to the input front wheel shaft or get someone to mill single shaft it will work.

i was also looking a e53 x5 front and rear diff with 4.10:1 diffs for the 335xi
    I'm thinking it will work as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interested to see it work, planning on bumping the levels up soon and want something bulletproof.
    2008 335xi MT Coupe. Sparkling Graphite. Pro-tune by Twisted Tuning. AD-e 650hp FMIC/Charge pipe w/ BOV. CP-e downpipes. KW V1 suspension.Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm by no means an expert in this but I'm pretty sure your TCU will go bonkers and engage your traction control none stop because your front wheels would be getting either more power than its used to or spinning more than it should be. I had a 335xi and had so many issues with my transfer case. I had 3 over the course of 2 years. And for a long time I just drove w/o the front drive shaft. That transfer case is straight garbage and couldn't handle the 500hp I was throwing at it.

I think unless you can get some sort of custom TCU controller its not going to work. Or maybe its something that can be edited via xHp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92revolution Click here to enlarge
    I'm by no means an expert in this but I'm pretty sure your TCU will go bonkers and engage your traction control none stop because your front wheels would be getting either more power than its used to or spinning more than it should be. I had a 335xi and had so many issues with my transfer case. I had 3 over the course of 2 years. And for a long time I just drove w/o the front drive shaft. That transfer case is straight garbage and couldn't handle the 500hp I was throwing at it.

I think unless you can get some sort of custom TCU controller its not going to work. Or maybe its something that can be edited via xHp?
    There are a few of us running over 600awhp and tq on the transfer case so it isn't complete garbage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if you're planning to drive a lot on the street but I drove a welded center on the street for years with my Mitsubishi. The problem is that the stress it puts on the system in tight parking maneuvers makes your F&R differentials and axles become expendables that break fairly regularly if you daily drive it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    this is a 335xi e92 1000AWHP with custom, performance parts and fab car. its not a toy.
    every thing is going to be ok guys. if it breaks we well fix it. but i don't think the drivetrain will be the problem

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK cool. I think welded is great in a straight line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes they're great for for drag but I'm trying circuit track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2229 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robsimon799 Click here to enlarge
    this is a 335xi e92 1000AWHP with custom, performance parts and fab car. its not a toy.
    every thing is going to be ok guys. if it breaks we well fix it. but i don't think the drivetrain will be the problem
    1000+ whp 335xi you are saying?

Well, I'd love to see it done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes Sticky, it will be 1000AWHP lol i plan to build it after i build my e46 m3 turbo from VAC Motorsports.
    the thing is i don't know if my future fab shop i will be opening will do the work on the 335xi or if ill made a deal with VAC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes a 1000WHP N54 is super simple, just look how many of us have done it so far. An XI, even easier. Let us know when its done....Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N54 1/2Mile World Record: 172.94MPH
    N55 World Record: 11.7ET / 122.7MPH (MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 699WHP / 714WTQ
    N54 Twin Turbo World Record: 847WHP/ 761WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Website - Email
    #VTTDOMINATION #VTT #VARGASTURBO #VTTBOUNTY

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes 1000whp is easy ill be using the coswoth EMS computer system with direct fuel injection with the same EMS controlling the port fuel injection on 100% meth both injection systems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes 1000whp is easy ill be using the coswoth EMS computer system with direct fuel injection with the same EMS controlling the port fuel injection on 100% meth both injection systems.
    I don't agree with this statement but for the sake of moving the platform forward, I hope you are right!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rofl, good luck with that, you're gonna need it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is 1000awhp needed, you can get 800 to the ground and you have an 8 second car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    let us know how trying to run that goes.....
    boop